Why does everyone always make it a black white thing???

CoachTsurfing

Lovie has done a fantastic job and is a great coach. Why did the announcers have to bring up the obvious fact that he is the first black coach to make it to the superbowl? This is why racism will never die in this country. Idiots have to keep seperating white and black for every little thing. Lovie great job, doesn't matter if you are black, white, red, yellow, or green.

Lovie has done a fantastic job and is a great coach. Why did the announcers have to bring up the obvious fact that he is the first black coach to make it to the superbowl? This is why racism will never die in this country. Idiots have to keep seperating white and black for every little thing. Lovie great job, doesn't matter if you are black, white, red, yellow, or green.

earlier today it was Dungy that would be the first coach..WHO the F cares we are all one!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: go colts:Cuss:

Thats pretty much what I just said in another thread.....who gives a sh#t? Why does that matter?

I want the Colts to beat the pats, but I dont wanna hear 2 weeks of race/color bullcrap from the media about a game. Its the superbowl, 2 teams playing, nobody gives a sh#t if the 2 coaches are black. Who gives a crap.

Not for nothing but if there was 1 african american NFL Fan out there who didn't know that little tidbit than it was worth mentioning.

It is relevent. Congrats to Lovie Smith. A tremendous job he did this yr. hell he has done an amazing job since taking the job in Chicago.

....because racism is still rampant in this country?

It is still a signifigant accomplishment. It would be nice if it is non-news, but we are not there as a society.

There are many people who don't like Herm cause he was black. Same goes for many of the other coaches.... For all that has progressed, there are many people who still feel like it's 1950.

It should be mentioned because it is a big deal. He is the first to make it to the SB. If Art Shell or Herm Edwards or anybody else made it or won a SB in the past, then no, it wouldn't really matter.

But at this moment in time, it is what it is.... WHile things have changed over the years, there are many people in the US who hate people just because of their color or religion.

Go ask a black person if it is a big deal and I could almost gurantee you they would say yes. I am very close to a lot of black people and all of them have been talking about this since last Sunday, about what a big deal it is....this should open some doors and goes to show how far the league has come over the past several years.

Go ask a black person if it is a big deal and I could almost gurantee you they would say yes. I am very close to a lot of black people and all of them have been talking about this since last Sunday, about what a big deal it is....this should open some doors and goes to show how far the league has come over the past several years.

Exactly, considering all of the steps the NFL has taken to give these coaches a chance it is good to see it was the right move for the NFL to make...

If the guy from Illinois Obamma becomes the next President, should people not make a big deal out of it cause he's the first black US President?

or If Hilary Clinton becomes the next President and is the first woman President, should people just ignore it.

No.. It should be made as an accomplishment and a big deal.

When you are the first, it is a big deal.

When you are the 50th, then no, it should be that big a deal.

But the fact is many people across the country do not like other's because of their race, religion, sex, and so on.

To discount that is just means you don't get out much or pay attention or care to know what really goes on in the world.

hate to tell you this, but I do get out. I am a p.e. and health teacher in the inner city. Our school is 70% black. The kids I teach don't need it thrown in their face every 2 seconds. I know there is racism in the world. The reason there is if you read my post is because people make a big deal about it. Why can't Lovie be a great coach. It's like saying Lovie you made it to the super bowl in spite of being black. To me it's knocking a great coach, that he over came being black. I feel just the opposite of making a big deal out of race, religion, and sex. We are all unique and can do anything we put our minds to.

hate to tell you this, but I do get out. I am a p.e. and health teacher in the inner city. Our school is 70% black. The kids I teach don't need it thrown in their face every 2 seconds. I know there is racism in the world. The reason there is if you read my post is because people make a big deal about it. Why can't Lovie be a great coach. It's like saying Lovie you made it to the super bowl in spite of being black. To me it's knocking a great coach, that he over came being black. I feel just the opposite of making a big deal out of race, religion, and sex. We are all unique and can do anything we put our minds to.

I get your point, but would you see it as a huge deal if we had our first Black President?

Football is huge in america, it is a big deal that a Black coach might win it... it only shows how far we have come...

Well, ecurb, being president is a little different then winning a superbowl. For my argument I would have to say no. But, deep in my heart it would be huge strides for blacks and whites. I wouldn't vote for obama anyways, I'm republican. But if I had my choice between obama and hiliary. I'd take obama every day of the week and twice on sunday. back to football though. i just think it is such a team sport and we make so much of a big deal about the whole black white thing. it would be nice to just say, lovie great job, great year. and not focus on his race.

There are many people who don't like Herm cause he was black. Same goes for many of the other coaches.... For all that has progressed, there are many people who still feel like it's 1950.

It should be mentioned because it is a big deal. He is the first to make it to the SB. If Art Shell or Herm Edwards or anybody else made it or won a SB in the past, then no, it wouldn't really matter.

But at this moment in time, it is what it is.... WHile things have changed over the years, there are many people in the US who hate people just because of their color or religion.

There are a whole bunch of excellent reasons to hate Herman Edwards, specifically he was and remains totally incompetent.

Race had NOTHING to do with it, except in part how he cut the line over more qualified candidates, black and white.

In fact, he traded on his background(ignoring his German-born blond mom, we migth add, if it matters so much)moreso than others. Can you explain why a guy who had a German mother and grew up in suburban northern California and army bases and went to Berkeley and UCSD has an affected "street" speaking style? Ever notice how when he gets excited he's suddenly speaking like the Queen? It's an act. Everthing about the man was a calculated sell. Which is why we got stuck with a 5-year nightmare rather than Marv Lewis(who happened to be black and very competent, but not Tags' pal like Hermie) or John Fox.

I understand exactly what you are saying. It's patronizing. I never doubted that a black HC would inevitably get there. The fact that he's the first, well people are gonna make a big deal out of it. Thats just the way it is. And of course, there will be people who are going to exploit it for their own agenda or whatever. Who gives a sht.

Congrats to Lovie and the Bears. Looks like it's gonna be a rematch of the '85 SB. \:D/

In fact, he traded on his background(ignoring his German-born blond mom, we migth add, if it matters so much)moreso than others. Can you explain why a guy who had a German mother and grew up in suburban northern California and army bases and went to Berkeley and UCSD has an affected "street" speaking style? Ever notice how when he gets excited he's suddenly speaking like the Queen? It's an act. Everthing about the man was a calculated sell. Which is why we got stuck with a 5-year nightmare rather than Marv Lewis(who happened to be black and very competent, but not Tags' pal like Hermie) or John Fox.

Plus you ever wonder why Herm refers to himself as black? Herm is in reality a Caucasian/African-American.

You ever wonder what his white Mom thinks when he goes on the air and refers to himself as a Black man.

Tiger Woods doesnt do that. Tiger always refers to himself as Asian/African-American.

Herm does what benefits Herm, reegradless of truth.

Plus you ever wonder why Herm refers to himself as black? Herm is in reality a Caucasian/African-American.

You ever wonder what his white Mom thinks when he goes on the air and refers to himself as a Black man.

Tiger Woods doesnt do that. Tiger always refers to himself as Asian/African-American.

Herm does what benefits Herm, reegradless of truth.

Ask any black man if it ever benefitted him to be consindered black.

Ask any black man if it ever benefitted him to be consindered black.

1st, Herm isnt black. He is Caucasian/African-American.

2nd it did benefit him when he went in the NFL Minority coaching program.

3rd it helped him when Tagliabue told Woody he wanted a black HC named in NY, and Bradway like a fool picked Reverend BBQ over Marvin Lewis.

It was a big deal when Tiger won his first Masters. I guess you forget that. I guess you forget a few people saying they have to serve Fried Chicken now after Tiger won or would win again.

It's no longer a big deal anymore because Tiger has won for 10 years now.

As i said, when somebody says they Hate somebody, it's never a good thing. You might not like the guy. You might not like the way he coaches. The list can go on. When you start saying you hate somebody just cause he speaks a certain way, tries to pretend another way, gee I guess you hate most people on this forum cause half of the people pretend to be something their not. You must hate most celebrities because they fake who they are. You must hate most people you work with because most people act one way at work and another at home. The list goes on.

Like I said, Hating somebody you really don't know, never will hang out with or really meet, is usually something a racist person says.

I might not like certain things the guy does or what he stands for, but I don't know the guy personally, for me to hate him means either i'm a moron or i'm just an angry person who hates my own life.

Hating people you will never meet or hang out with or have no personal relationship with is akin to being an idiot. Plain and simple.

NOt liking him, saying he's a bad coach are all find and dandy. When you cross the line into hating somebody, it's a whole other ballgame.

It was a big deal when Tiger won his first Masters. I guess you forget that. I guess you forget a few people saying they have to serve Fried Chicken now after Tiger won or would win again.

As i said, when somebody says they Hate somebody, it's never a good thing. You might not like the guy. You might not like the way he coaches. The list can go on. When you start saying you hate somebody just cause he speaks a certain way, tries to pretend another way, gee I guess you hate most people on this forum cause half of the people pretend to be something their not. You must hate most celebrities because they fake who they are. You must hate most people you work with because most people act one way at work and another at home. The list goes on.

Like I said, Hating somebody you really don't know, never will hang out with or really meet, is usually something a racist person says.

I might not like certain things the guy does or what he stands for, but I don't know the guy personally, for me to hate him means either i'm a moron or i'm just an angry person who hates my own life.

Hating people you will never meet or hang out with or have no personal relationship with is akin to being an idiot. Plain and simple.

NOt liking him, saying he's a bad coach are all find and dandy. When you cross the line into hating somebody, it's a whole other ballgame.

What the...?

What is this psychobabble? Are you Dr. Phil on steroids, or what?

Seriously, who died and made you king?

read the posts next time before the diatribe.

I said TIGER never called himself black.

Tiger refers to himself as Asian/African-American.

What Fuzzy said has nothing to do with Herm and his referalls of himself.

Look what you did CoachT... you made it an even bigger thing here at JN.... lol

Guys who cares, plain and simple he may be the first of his race to accomplish this...

If a Japanese coach won the superbowl, would we not talk about it??

It seems you make yourself look more like an idiot by saying you hate him cause he calls himself black, yet he's only half black.

That's a lame excuse to hate somebody.

you are new here, and obviously have no clue as to why we hate Herm.

His referalls to himself are just a small piece of the pieand an insight to his personality.

I dont hate him for calling himself black when he isnt, I hate him for his ME first, never my fault attitude that destroys every team he comes in contact with.

Archived