McGahee to sign 7 year, $40.12 million extension

McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

Thats too much money for him, way too much.... I hope we stuff him for 25 yards in 2007!!! C'mon Mangini better know how important it would be to us JETS fans to see us stop Mcgahee finally!

McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

That pretty much explains why the Ravens didn't place the franchise tag on A. Thomas and have been cutting other players.

They wanted to free up cap room to improve the offense.

the ravens gave up a lot to get him and not just in money either. a third and seventh this year, plus a third next year. that is whack. the bills got a great deal for a loud mouth that wasn't really that great. well, he was against the jets, but every rb looked good against us last year.

the ravens gave up a lot to get him and not just in money either. a third and seventh this year, plus a third next year. that is whack. the bills got a great deal for a loud mouth that wasn't really that great. well, he was against the jets, but every rb looked good against us last year.

The Ravens front office has always puzzled me.

I think a lot of it has to do with Billick's huge ego and that Ravens D will always keep them in games.

They canned Dilfer after 2000 and brought in Elvis Grbac. Then they drafted Boller.

Last year they brought in McNair.

I could go on and on about the Ravens as I spend a lot of my time in Baltimore. Needless to say the Ravens fans hate Billick.

The Ravens front office has always puzzled me.

I think a lot of it has to do with Billick's huge ego and that Ravens D will always keep them in games.

They canned Dilfer after 2000 and brought in Elvis Grbac. Then they drafted Boller.

Last year they brought in McNair.

I could go on and on about the Ravens as I spend a lot of my time in Baltimore. Needless to say the Ravens fans hate Billick.

I know the Bills fans hated MaGahee too. He always talked a good game but except against the Jets he never produced. His comments about wishing the team would move to Toronto because there's more to do there sealed his faith. HC Dick Jauron today was asked if that comment was taken into consideration and he said "we looked at the whole picture with Willis and yes that was part of it" . Good deal for the Bills with two 3rd round picks+.

Archived