The Clock Is Ticking..

MikeJetsWord

Well. Not really, but if we don't sign a OL in the next few days... we will be stuck with Anthony Clement(ish) talent. Unless they expect to do what they did last year and go OL in the first round, Which I am not opposed to, if its the right circumstances. Of course I mean Blalock...

Anybody else think we can land someone of decent worth in FA over the next few days? I forgot if Colombo got signed or not...

Well. Not really, but if we don't sign a OL in the next few days... we will be stuck with Anthony Clement(ish) talent. Unless they expect to do what they did last year and go OL in the first round, Which I am not opposed to, if its the right circumstances. Of course I mean Blalock...

Anybody else think we can land someone of decent worth in FA over the next few days? I forgot if Colombo got signed or not...

I believe Colombo was signed. It's so frillin hard to keep track of eveyone.

Don't forget about June 1st cuts.

Nah, we're doomed forever Smizzy. Who cares about the 5 months left before the season or the NFL Draft. We're stuck with what we got. God this sucks, I really thought we could've gotten better at O-line.

You still have the draft and the June 1st cuts to find a RT.

Considering the way Clement played last year I don't think it would be hard to replace him with a guy draft in the 4th or 5th round.

Still plenty of time to address needs.

When did Mark Colombo become Jonathan Ogden? I've been hearing the guys name as if he is the best tackle in the league when I see him as a marginal starter/back-up. Did I miss something?

If the Jets sign him I will not doubt their instincts but I still don't see him as the elite OT that people have been making him out to be. Anthony Clement-ish talent isn't so bad either. D'Brick is the one who gave up 12 sacks last year, not Clement. I say either bring Clement back or draft an OT OR both of those.

You still have the draft and the June 1st cuts to find a RT.

Considering the way Clement played last year I don't think it would be hard to replace him with a guy draft in the 4th or 5th round.

Still plenty of time to address needs.

Clement was better than D'Brick but everyone wants to run him out of town. I do agree with you about the cuts. As it gets closer to the season a lot of good players will continue to be cut and the patient Jets FO know how to approach that. Jets fans need to relax. These guys know what they are doing and they'll address all the needs they have.

I would not panic so early in the off season- September 1st comes and then you can worry. With this regime I have confidence they have a plan to address the line situation through draft/trades/free agent cuts.

Columbo is not the great tackle as some are claiming-he struggled a lot early on in Dallas last year.

There was no way the Jets were going to give $80 million to Nate Clements and Adalius Thomas wanted to go to New England all along. I don't fault Tanenbaum for that. Nor do I fault Tanenbaum for not signing Eric Steinbach, $7mil is too much for that guy.

However, Justin Griffith and Jordan Black would have clearly contributed to here and they could have been had for reasonable contracts. I don't know how the Jets are going to fix RG and RT. Even if we draft Blalock at 25 we still have Anthony Clement or Adrian Jones starting at RT. Aaron Sears probably won't fall to our first pick in the second round and I doubt he will fall to #63.

We also need to upgrade at LG. We need a road grader superstar at Left Guard to help out D'Brickashaw 280lber run block.

The front 7 on defense still needs alot of work. Between the draft and June 1 I don't know how the Jets are going to fill all these holes with upgrades.

After watching the way they handled teh T. Jones affair, out of teh blue, and at a minimal cost (trade-wise), I have confidence in Mike & Eric that they will seriously address the R/T situation before the season.

we already have 4 tackles with a future on the roster. Brick, Jones, Blanton and Goddard. jones started for us already and did well. Goddard and Blanton are young and big and i remember the staff being high on them. I don't see OT as big a need as smoe people.

we already have 4 tackles with a future on the roster. Brick, Jones, Blanton and Goddard. jones started for us already and did well. Goddard and Blanton are young and big and i remember the staff being high on them. I don't see OT as big a need as smoe people.

Agree. I think if they don't sign a FA OT or draft a high OT in the draft then I

think there will be competition between Jones, Blanton and goddard for the position.

AND if one of them should happen to turn out then we will have 3 on the OL for

many years to come.

Archived