Clement Still On Radar : Bowens negotitating Still

jetfuel

Reported in Newark Star Ledger Sunday March 11th

Anthony Clement, who started all 16 games but was released, is still on the Jets' radar although the two sides haven't spoken in a while, according to his agent, Mason Ashe.

The Jets are still negotiating with unrestricted free agent DE David Bowens (Dolphins), who is a proven pass rusher.

Anthony Clement, who started all 16 games but was released, is still on the Jets' radar although the two sides haven't spoken in a while, according to his agent, Mason Ashe.

The Jets are still negotiating with unrestricted free agent DE David Bowens (Dolphins), who is a proven pass rusher.

Welcome Jetfuel, but these guys are gonna want a source...

I am not sold on Bowens being a proven pass rusher...

Welcome Jetfuel, but these guys are gonna want a source...

I am not sold on Bowens being a proven pass rusher...

NEWARK STAR LEDGER

Bowens is pretty good and if they are after him I trust their judgement as to knowing who does and who does not fit in to their system.

NEWARK STAR LEDGER

Bowens is pretty good and if they are after him I trust their judgement as to knowing who does and who does not fit in to their system.

I agree with both of the previous statements. He is an upgrade and I certainly trust the new FO regime. My question was the proven pass russher part, as I am not sure his pass rushing skills rank very high league-wide and that would not really be his role here anyway.

News - Bowens Wants To Play For Gang Green

Posted on Mon, March 12, 2007 - 11:22AM by Gary Grund

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reported on Friday that the Jets could ink DE David Bowens who would play OLB in the Jets 3-4 defense. Bowens has told his friends that he wants to play for the Jets.

...That comment alone makes me want him in Jets colors...

News - Bowens Wants To Play For Gang Green

Posted on Mon, March 12, 2007 - 11:22AM by Gary Grund

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reported on Friday that the Jets could ink DE David Bowens who would play OLB in the Jets 3-4 defense. Bowens has told his friends that he wants to play for the Jets.

...That comment alone makes me want him in Jets colors...

Agreed, when a player has a pre-determined desire to play somewhere or for someone or both, it is a win-win; unless said player is garbage, of course...but Bowens would be a nice addition.

I agree with both of the previous statements. He is an upgrade and I certainly trust the new FO regime. My question was the proven pass russher part, as I am not sure his pass rushing skills rank very high league-wide and that would not really be his role here anyway.

I guess they are referring to his 6 sacks in limited duty last year. If they are going to get rid of Barton and move Hobson inside as I've been hearing, Bowens seems like he would be a good fit at OLB opposite BT. Time will tell.

David Bowens is old and he sucks... PASS.

He's 28.

I think he'd be a decent player, not sure how good he is in coverage though at the 3-4 OLB spot. But he'll give us a good 4-3 DE look that we dont currently have on the roster.

He's 28.

I think he'd be a decent player, not sure how good he is in coverage though at the 3-4 OLB spot. But he'll give us a good 4-3 DE look that we dont currently have on the roster.

Actually his birthday is 7-3-77, making him 30 years old before the season starts. We don't need a 4-3 DE, BT can always put his hand down if necessary.

Actually his birthday is 7-3-77, making him 30 years old before the season starts. We don't need a 4-3 DE, BT can always put his hand down if necessary.

Bowens has something like 19 sacks the last 3 years combined, in a part time role, which I believe is what he will be here. Maybe he starts at OLB for a yr or 2, and allows Hobson to go inside, but Bowens wont be a long term answer so I wouldnt worry about him getting a big contract (if we sign him).

Archived