Jets | Coleman could replace von Oelhoffen

Smizzy

Jets | Coleman could replace von Oelhoffen

Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:56:17 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reporting for the Sporting News, reports New York Jets DL Kenyon Coleman is the leading candidate to replace aging DL Kimo von Oelhoffen, who's better suited to a backup role.

Max could replace Kimo and get more production all while eating a ham sandwich.

Max could replace Kimo and get more production all while eating a ham sandwich.

With the potential value of his contract as well as his size/age I fully expect Coleman to get every chance to start.

I don't know about 8-12 sacks. That would make him the most uncontainable 3-4 DE in the NFL - and by a LOT. I just want someone who you can't run on at will; doesn't get blown off the line, and lets our LB'ers make some plays without 300+ lb guards in their faces all the time.

Jets | Cimini has astute command of obvious

Wed, 15 Mar 2007 07:44:32 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reporting for the Sporting News, reports that the sun is expected to rise and set today. In other news the sky is expected to be blue.

Jets | Cimini has astute command of obvious

Wed, 15 Mar 2007 07:44:32 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reporting for the Sporting News, reports that the sun is expected to rise and set today. In other news the sky is expected to be blue.

I will nominate this Bit for POTW. Breaking news

for what we are paying him, he better be starting and have around 8-12 sacks this season.

In this market if he had 8-12 sacks in a 3-4 his signing bonus would have been about 25 million not 6.

He is not overpaid at all for a starting DE in the new NFL cap situation

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibilities. He did have 5 last year as a back-up.

I don't have any stats in front of me, but against the Giants, he seemed to be in for more then 1/2 the plays from scrimmage with the Cowboy "D".

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibilities. He did have 5 last year as a back-up.

Dallas also put up some major points on offense & their opponents were in pass-only mode more often. Plus he wasn't the starter; I think he used to get inserted in obvious passing situations. So he's fresh coming off the bench going up against a tired RT. Which is another thing. He's likely going to play RDE for us, going up against a superior pass-blocker than the RT's he was facing on Dallas.

Kerney is with Seahawks.. Anyway, Coleman has to impress first. His contract is not that bad. It can be cheaper if he does not perform that well.

8-12 sacks from him would be nice but it is meaningless if he cant stop the run.

If Coleman performed well but the run defense still sucked then I expect to see Robertson and Vilma be gone before next season. It makes no sense to linger on those young vets since they are clearly not run stoppers.

Shall we find out after this season.

Archived