Most overrated player in the NBA

madmike1

Jason Kidd

He can't shoot. He's a horrible on the ball defender. He's getting old and slow. He gets rebounds because he plays D like a 4.

No argument here Mike. I was terrified when he was rumoured to be going to my Lakers.

Hence the point of this thread.

Which is why I disagree with you. Now, he's old and slow, still a decent player though.

He turned around a sorry franchise. Before Kidd, the Nets were a laughing stock.

To discredit the guy at this point of his career isnt fair imo.

Jason Kidd

He can't shoot. He's a horrible on the ball defender. He's getting old and slow. He gets rebounds because he plays D like a 4.

How in the world can you say he is overrated ?

This is one stupid mark by you mike, I am sorry.

Which is why I disagree with you. Now, he's old and slow, still a decent player though.

He turned around a sorry franchise. Before Kidd, the Nets were a laughing stock.

To discredit the guy at this point of his career isnt fair imo.

The Nets are still a laughing stock.;-)

He made them have a few nice playoff runs but still brought 0 rings to New Jersey.

The Nets are still a laughing stock.;-)

He made them have a few nice playoff runs but still brought 0 rings to New Jersey.

still a laughing stock...okay, who do you like, the knicks.... they are the true definition of laughing stock

Jason Kidd is easily a top 10 PG in the history of the NBA, I feel that he will be a first ballot HOFer and before Kidd came to NJ, the nets were the clippers of the east, his first year they went to the finals, and boy'oh'boy were the nets an exciting team to watch then..... the nets, because of a lack of experience were unable to win a championship, which is something you can't fault him for, the guy is 35 and still constantly gains triple doubles as if he controls the stat sheet himself.... He is IMO the best PG in the league now, and has been for the past 10 years.

still a laughing stock...okay, who do you like, the knicks.... they are the true definition of laughing stock

Jason Kidd is easily a top 10 PG in the history of the NBA, I feel that he will be a first ballot HOFer and before Kidd came to NJ, the nets were the clippers of the east, his first year they went to the finals, and boy'oh'boy were the nets an exciting team to watch then..... the nets, because of a lack of experience were unable to win a championship, which is something you can't fault him for, the guy is 35 and still constantly gains triple doubles as if he controls the stat sheet himself.... He is IMO the best PG in the league now, and has been for the past 10 years.

I was with you all the way until that last line. Nash is a better player than JKIDD is now.

Is "J-Kidd" some sort of god? Remind me again how many NBA Championships he has... oh wait a minute...

The guy is not that good and even in his maybe 2 years of being the best PG in the NBA, he's no Steve Nash in Phoenix.

Is "J-Kidd" some sort of god? Remind me again how many NBA Championships he has... oh wait a minute...

The guy is not that good and even in his maybe 2 years of being the best PG in the NBA, he's no Steve Nash in Phoenix.

How many rings does Nash have?

How many finals appearances does Nash have?

I agree, Nash is the better player now, but he still has a ways to go to be even mentioned with Kidd as an all time great.

How many rings does Nash have?

How many finals appearances does Nash have?

I agree, Nash is the better player now, but he still has a ways to go to be even mentioned with Kidd as an all time great.

Jason Kidd is not better then Steve Nash.

Jason Kidd is not better then Steve Nash.

Like I said, Nash is better now. But in his prime Kidd was doing the same thing Nash was doing, while playing better defense.

Kidd brought the Nets to the finals twice. Those teams werent that good. For a Net fan like Mike to call Kidd overrated is pretty absurd, especially since he revitilized a dead franchise and carried them to the NBA finals. Something Nash hasnt done yet, and has had better teams.

The younger Kidd still doesn't match present day Nash, sorry.

Great finals play by Kidd too I might add.:yawn:

Career Stats

Jason Kidd 6.6 RPG ------- Steve Nash RPG 2.9

Jason Kidd APG 9.2 ------- Steve Nash APG 7.5

Jason Kidd SPG 2.0 ------- Steve Nash SPG .8

Jason Kidd PPG 14.6 ------ Steve Nash PPG 13.9

Jason Kidd FG% 40.8 ----- Steve Nash FG% 48.2

So Nash has a better shooting %, we all knew that. BTW who is the better defender? I know those 2 MVP's from his days with the Suns sounds good, but 124 your wrong if you think Steve Nash has had a better career then Kidd. Not to mention it can be argued that both years he won the MVP he shouldn't have (Shaq 2 years ago, Kobe last year.)

his wife is a self-making turbothinker who is prone to excessive drama and thinks she's hot stuff and only latched onto him after he was going pro (she ignored him in school). so while it takes two to tango, this golddigger is hardly a credible source of info.

Tellem Johnny. Damn women.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING. You honestly think JORDAN was overrated ? WOW

"overrated" is different than "not good." if everyone believed jordan was able to jump over a 2-story house, that would be overrated even though he is still one of the best ever. while i don't think jordan was overrated (UNC!), saying someoen is overrated doesn't mean you think they suck.

"overrated" is different than "not good." if everyone believed jordan was able to jump over a 2-story house, that would be overrated even though he is still one of the best ever. while i don't think jordan was overrated (UNC!), saying someoen is overrated doesn't mean you think they suck.

Had to throw that UNC in there didn't you?

Jordan was a great player, but he was far from the best player of all-time. He's essentially the same player that Kobe Bryant is right now. The difference is that Kobe doesn't have MJ's squeaky clean image. MJ never won jack **** without fellow HALL OF FAMER Scottie Pippen playing beside him, just like Kobe hasn't won anything without fellow HALL OF FAMER Shaq playing beside him. Another difference: Michael got ALL the calls. Kobe does not.

6 championships in 8 years? Wow. How about 11 championships in 13 years? Bill Russell > Michael Jordan.

Jordan was a great player, but he was far from the best player of all-time. He's essentially the same player that Kobe Bryant is right now. The difference is that Kobe doesn't have MJ's squeaky clean image. MJ never won jack **** without fellow HALL OF FAMER Scottie Pippen playing beside him, just like Kobe hasn't won anything without fellow HALL OF FAMER Shaq playing beside him. Another difference: Michael got ALL the calls. Kobe does not.

6 championships in 8 years? Wow. How about 11 championships in 13 years? Bill Russell > Michael Jordan.

Lamar Oden is a better player then Pippen was. He's nowhere near a hall of famer without jordan. Russell dominated because no one except Wilt had his size and he played surrounded with hall of famers. Jordan was a 6'6 2 guard who dominated his sport from a position he shouldn't be able to from. I HATE Jordan as a knick fan but he was the best player ever.

Lamar Oden is a better player then Pippen was. He's nowhere near a hall of famer without jordan. Russell dominated because no one except Wilt had his size and he played surrounded with hall of famers. Jordan was a 6'6 2 guard who dominated his sport from a position he shouldn't be able to from. I HATE Jordan as a knick fan but he was the best player ever.

To say that Lamar Odom is better than Scottie Pippen is even more bat**** insane than our Drew Brees/Pennington debate.

Archived