OK imagine the jets,are getting 1 of these 3,who do you prefer at 25?

TNJet

Select out of these 3?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Select out of these 3?

• Paul Posluzsny
    • Dewayne Jarrett
    • Patrick Willis

And they are all 3 there at 25 also....I say Jarrett,the more I see him catch the more I think this guy will be the best WR coming out...yes better clutch player than even Calvin Johnson.He could give us that redzone WR with size that we have lacked since Keyshawn.Chad to Jarrett...Kellen to Jarrett...sounds great.BAP at 25 if there imo.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I miss something here that suggests Dwayne Jarrett is around at 26??

Guess so since 4 WR's have ran better times at the combine than he did.But He is a top 15 talent imo.He is falling,and thats good for us.

There is no chance of us taking a WR in round 1 unless Calvin Johnson is there at #25.

Sperm,I usually agree with you but here I think youre off.We are setting up for the best player available at 25.Thats the reason we pretty much have taken the need for DE's all the way to a minimum through free agency.We may just select BAP at 25,then lean a little more towards need in the next rounds,which sounds better to me.WR,CB,OG,DT,OT etc.

I know i sound like a borken record but they need a OL here. They owe it to themselves with the money they gave TJ.

It never fails.Whatever you put on a topic title always gets turned around into a opinion controversy.Its a matter of us knowing its one of these 3,and who do you prefer,not what you want or need.

Sperm,I usually agree with you but here I think youre off.We are setting up for the best player available at 25.Thats the reason we pretty much have taken the need for DE's all the way to a minimum through free agency.We may just select BAP at 25,then lean a little more towards need in the next rounds,which sounds better to me.WR,CB,OG,DT,OT etc.

How can you take the BAP with the gaping holes the jets have in the secondary and on the O line. Drafting a TE or a WR here makes ZERO sense.

How can you take the BAP with the gaping holes the jets have in the secondary and on the O line. Drafting a TE or a WR here makes ZERO sense.

Because for once the jets have a chance to get some players that may even really have a top 10 grade available at 25.Well,in WR position.No TE in this years draft is worthy of a first round pick imo.Olsen at 25 is too high.

Because it's not the 4th pick. It's not the 12th pick. It's the 25th pick.

We should not reach for an o-lineman with a 2nd round grade when there are better players on the board.

Jarrett IS the real deal, if he's there at 25 we grab him in a heart beat. Frankly I'm shocked you didn't included Meachem in your poll Vol Boy. :biggrin:

Because for once the jets have a chance to get some players that may even really have a top 10 grade available at 25.Well,in WR position.No TE in this years draft is worthy of a first round pick imo.Olsen at 25 is too high.

If you have a crappy OLine it doesn't matter who else you have or how valuable they are.

Because it's not the 4th pick. It's not the 12th pick. It's the 25th pick.

We should not reach for an o-lineman with a 2nd round grade when there are better players on the board.

I can see that but if not a Oline it has to be a DB or a DT. We can't just blindly draft BAP irregardless of what spot they play.

Our Oline wasnt crappy last season dude,and it will be even better this year.Get oline this year in 2nd or 3rd.
If you don't think our oline was bad last year you wern't watching the same team everyone else was. The unit as a whole was bad and i would view it as BY FAR the jets no 1 need going froward from this point

Jarrett IS the real deal, if he's there at 25 we grab him in a heart beat. Frankly I'm shocked you didn't included Meachem in your poll Vol Boy. :biggrin:

Thanks...oh yeah I love Meach but honestly I like DJ's size and hands better:)

Willis has about as much a chance as Johnson does of being there at 25. ZERO.

What on Earth makes you think a guy that's been top 15 in every single mock draft is going to be there 10 picks later?

He is a player that has always flew under the radar a little being on a subpar team in the SEC.He could fall mark my words.Pos could even be selected before him,and maybe even Timmons,and just how many teams in the NFL need a LB in the top 25?Its possible.

If the Jets go into the season with this same Oline than the TJ deal will be DOA.

Listen man I love the oline picks too.But there is plenty of depth thetre to select a starter or two in the later rounds that will help our team immediately,Ramirez,Alleman,Ugoh,Sears,Duckworth,Free they are all starting potential man.

What about using one of the 2nd round picks to trade up for him? I would be so far behind that...

Yeah lets do that,even though we resigned Clement.In the mean time we lose another 2nd in which we can just select another RT about as good,or get those defensive need picks with.

What about using one of the 2nd round picks to trade up for him? I would be so far behind that...

Possible. Our #59 pick and a 6th rounder would put us at #15. That might do it. I'd be behind that as well. A young road-grader RT with LT skills. Quite an upgrade over Clement. Really the only top OT prospect who truly could project to RT.

Now brace yourself for the "we can get any old RT in the 5th round" stuff. As though there is any similarity in having a future pro-bowl talent with just some skill-less nobody who happens to weigh 320+ lbs.

Willis has about as much a chance as Johnson does of being there at 25. ZERO.

What on Earth makes you think a guy that's been top 15 in every single mock draft is going to be there 10 picks later?

:confused: Prior drafts are full of top 15 players who tumble down the board on draft day for only God knows why reasons. Willis falling is NOT out of the question.

Yeah lets do that,even though we resigned Clement.In the mean time we lose another 2nd in which we can just select another RT about as good,or get those defensive need picks with.

Name one. Go through the OT prospects and find one with RT size who is worthy of anything other than backing up a sub-par Clement.

There are no other RT's "almost as good" and Clement is beyond awful as a run blocker.

Look at a team like the chiefs who basicly turned RB's no one wanted into hall of famers TWICE and won dispite mediocre QB play, no defense and sub par WR's for YEARS. Why do you think that happened? Because they had the best o line in the game. if you build an o line you can mix and match the rest of the team and still win very consistantly.

The O line is BY FAR the most important unit on a football team. (and i'm not just saying that as a former olineman.)

Name one. Go through the OT prospects and find one with RT size who is worthy of anything other than backing up a sub-par Clement.

For all I,you or Madmike know there could be several.You know why? Because we arent experts,and definately not scouts.Ugoh,Sears,and Free could be alot better than Clement on the first frickin day of training camp for all we know,and I am always open minded about the diamonds in the damn rough.

For all I,you or Madmike know there could be several.You know why? Because we arent experts,and definately not scouts.Ugoh,Sears,and Free could be alot better than Clement on the first frickin day of training camp for all we know,and I am always open minded about the diamonds in the damn rough.

you can't count on finding diamonds in the rough when you are trying to build a team.

Archived