OK imagine the jets,are getting 1 of these 3,who do you prefer at 25?

TNJet

Select out of these 3?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Select out of these 3?

• Paul Posluzsny
    • Dewayne Jarrett
    • Patrick Willis

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Jets go into the season with this same Oline than the TJ deal will be DOA.

I dont think anyone here is suggesting the Jets go into next season with the same five guys that finished last year on the O-line. Its a matter of value and priority. They can get a very good prospect at OG in a later round. Best to spend the first round pick on a player who can really make an impact - and then get a really good guard prospect in the second round or later.

I agree with your point about BAP. The Jets should target certain positions like CB, LB and DT and take the best one left - if the guy is one they really like. The Jets have plenty of holes besides O-line. And only 24 guys will be gone when the Jets pick in the first round. IMO there will be a great defensive prospect there for them at #25, at a position of serious need.

I dont think anyone here is suggesting the Jets go into next season with the same five guys that finished last year on the O-line. Its a matter of value and priority. They can get a very good prospect at OG in a later round. Best to spend the first round pick on a player who can really make an impact - and then get a really good guard prospect in the second round or later.

I agree with your point about BAP. The Jets should target certain positions like CB, LB and DT and take the best one left - if the guy is one they really like. The Jets have plenty of holes besides O-line. And only 24 guys will be gone when the Jets pick in the first round. IMO there will be a great defensive prospect there for them at #25, at a position of serious need.

If you don't think that a OL in the first round can have a big impact then you weren't watching the jets last year.

agreed.

If you don't think that a OL in the first round can have a big impact then you weren't watching the jets last year.

Nobody is saying that man....If you think that no Olinemen in rds 2,3, or 4 can start you havent watched any NFL games ever.

Nobody is saying that man....If you think that no Olinemen in rds 2,3, or 4 can start you havent watched any NFL games ever.

How many Olinemen past the first round had any impact last year besides McNeil who only dropped because of injury issues? the answer is none. The jets don't need another project. They need someone to step RIGHT IN and play.

For all I,you or Madmike know there could be several.You know why? Because we arent experts,and definately not scouts.Ugoh,Sears,and Free could be alot better than Clement on the first frickin day of training camp for all we know,and I am always open minded about the diamonds in the damn rough.

Sears is going to be a guard at 6'3.

Ugoh is barely 300 lbs. There are DE's who are bigger than he is. He's no RT prospect.

Free is nowhere near the talent that Brown is. He's no mauler in the run-game despite his 324-lb weight & if he had difficulty with college DE's shoving him back he'll be in for a rude awakening in the pros.

Suggesting Free should be nearly as good as Brown is like saying Stephenson should be nearly as good as Kalil.

Not true. I have tix. I have Tivo. If anything, I watch too much. I saw Moore and Kendall get pushed around and, conversely, fail to get any push in short yardage situations. I want a guard. If they get Ramirez in the second round (totally doable) then I am thrilled.

I would MUCH rather have, say, Houston and Manny Ramirez than Blalock and the short CB from Maryland.

There must be a player that you would prefer over, say, Blalock at #25 and then have another (admittedly lesser) G in the second round. Or not, I guess.

Sears is going to be a guard at 6'3.

Ugoh is barely 300 lbs. There are DE's who are bigger than he is. He's no RT prospect.

Free is nowhere near the talent that Brown is. He's no mauler in the run-game despite his 324-lb weight & if he had difficulty with college DE's shoving him back he'll be in for a rude awakening in the pros.

Suggesting Free should be nearly as good as Brown is like saying Stephenson should be nearly as good as Kalil.

Sears is 6-4 320.1 inch shorter than Levi.

Not true. I have tix. I have Tivo. If anything, I watch too much. I saw Moore and Kendall get pushed around and, conversely, fail to get any push in short yardage situations. I want a guard. If they get Ramirez in the second round (totally doable) then I am thrilled.

I would MUCH rather have, say, Houston and Manny Ramirez than Blalock and the short CB from Maryland.

There must be a player that you would prefer over, say, Blalock at #25 and then have another (admittedly lesser) G in the second round. Or not, I guess.

Unless some top 15 talent drops they should take blalock. He can have the biggest impact on the o line the quickest. You talking about Moore and Kendall getting killed is just making my point for me... If i had my way i would trade up for brown and then take rameriz in the 2nd round.

How many Olinemen past the first round had any impact last year besides McNeil who only dropped because of injury issues? the answer is none. The jets don't need another project. They need someone to step RIGHT IN and play.

Who's to say Levi stepps right in and plays...or even if he does,does a better job than Clement who has seen NFL action for 10 seasons.He may start and give up 13 sacks for all we know,he will be a ROOKIE.

Who's to say Levi stepps right in and plays...or even if he does,does a better job than Clement who has seen NFL action for 10 seasons.He may start and give up 13 sacks for all we know,he will be a ROOKIE.
If he's not better then Clement i'd be completely shocked. As would sperm if he sees this post.

Unless some top 15 talent drops they should take blalock. He can have the biggest impact on the o line the quickest.

There are usually 20+ guys that are considered "top 15" talent. Its not a stretch at all that one should fall to the Jets, who pick #25. The issue is whether that guy is one the team needs, based on Mangini's whimsy and the team's positional needs.

So, I ask again, what if Jarvis Moss, or Patrick Willis or Chris Houston or Adam Carriker is there at #25 - wouldn't you take one over Blalock? I certainly would - probably any of these guys.

Sears is 6-4 320.1 inch shorter than Levi.

He's 6'3 1/4. How many good RT's in today's game are barely over 6'3? It's not the height of his head. Taller people (generally) have longer arms, which you want at OT.

He could make an outstanding guard at some point. But he's not in Brown's league in terms of skill.

There are usually 20+ guys that are considered "top 15" talent. Its not a stretch at all that one should fall to the Jets, who pick #25. The issue is whether that guy is one the team needs, based on Mangini's whimsy and the team's positional needs.

So, I ask again, what if Jarvis Moss, or Patrick Willis or Chris Houston or Adam Carriker is there at #25 - wouldn't you take one over Blalock? I certainly would - probably any of these guys.

Willis yes crraiker yes the others no.

Unless some top 15 talent drops they should take blalock. He can have the biggest impact on the o line the quickest. You talking about Moore and Kendall getting killed is just making my point for me... If i had my way i would trade up for brown and then take rameriz in the 2nd round.

This goes back to the first page...if Jarrett falls,which is a top 15 pick you are now okay with it as to where 10 minutes ago it was oline all the way regardless of who falls? uh...:confused:

This goes back to the first page...if Jarrett falls,which is a top 15 pick you are know okay with it as to where 10 minutes ago it was oline all the way regardless of who falls? uh...:confused:

no. jarrett is not a guy the jets need to be taking under any circumstances.

Dare to dream. If that was the case, Kendall would be just fine for another year. Pick up the 5th lineman next year & we're set for a long, long time.

He's 6'3 1/4. How many good RT's in today's game are barely over 6'3? It's not the height of his head. Taller people (generally) have longer arms, which you want at OT.

He could make an outstanding guard at some point. But he's not in Brown's league in terms of skill.

I agree,but he is a much better athlete imo.

Dare to dream. If that was the case, Kendall would be just fine for another year. Pick up the 5th lineman next year & we're set for a long, long time.

well if they traded up for brown they would still have 2 pretty big holes at guard... and if they draft a guard then they have a hole at RT. Thats why i really wanted them to sign Ed Muitalo as a major upgrade over kendall at least for a few years.

This goes back to the first page...if Jarrett falls,which is a top 15 pick you are now okay with it as to where 10 minutes ago it was oline all the way regardless of who falls? uh...:confused:

The Jets wont take Jarrett unless they have traded Coles.

BTW, FWIW, I expect the Jets to be very active making trades on draft day. Six picks is just not enough :)

That makes no sense at all.

Rookie receivers generally take a couple years to get adjusted. Why would the team trade Coles and go with a rookie?

If the Jets take a receiver, it means Coles will be gone by 2009, not in 2007.

BTW, FWIW, I expect the Jets to be very active making trades on draft day. Six picks is just not enough :)

I think trading coles ends up being counterproductive cause then you have to replace him with the pick you've traded him for.

no. jarrett is not a guy the jets need to be taking under any circumstances.

so a redzone killer with hands of Chrebet and the size of Keyshawn is nobody the Jets should consider....I beg the differ.That would give us a WR tandem that would rival the Rams of 99.Think of what Jarrett would do for our already great WR's Coles and Cotchery.News flash you cant shut down 3 excellent recievers unless you have 3 awsome CB's,which I doubt anybody does.Chad or Kellen would make DJ an instant star.

so a redzone killer with hands of Chrebet and the size of Keyshawn is nobody the Jets should consider....I beg the differ.That would give us a WR tandem that would rival the Rams of 99.Think of what Jarrett would do for our already great WR's Coles and Cotchery.News flash you cant shut down 3 excellent recievers unless you have 3 awsome CB's,which I doubt anybody does.Chad or Kellen would make DJ an instant star.

Would that be nice to have? yes but the jets have too many needs to take jarrett. also i don't think he fits into the mold of the type of player Mangini wants to bring here.

That makes no sense at all.

Rookie receivers generally take a couple years to get adjusted. Why would the team trade Coles and go with a rookie?

If the Jets take a receiver, it means Coles will be gone by 2009, not in 2007.

Ok. My point was more that the Jets will not take a WR unless they have done something dramatic/unlikely. But I think a WR like Jarrett will have an easier adjustment if he went to the Jets if for no other reason than Penny throws the ball so soft and accurately :)

I think trading coles ends up being counterproductive cause then you have to replace him with the pick you've traded him for.

They would only trade Coles if he just didnt think he could do the Mangini thing again. Anyway, its off point. I love Coles and dont think the Jets should draft Jarrett.

"Type of Player" ? Could you please explain?
I'm talking about the whole smart tough hardworking deal. He's a lot more Chad Johnson than Marvin Harrison in his character and makeup... Not that Chad isn't a great player but he doesn't seen like the type of person our FO is looking for for better or worse.

I'm talking about the whole smart tough hardworking deal. He's a lot more Chad Johnson than Marvin Harrison in his character and makeup... Not that Chad isn't a great player but he doesn't seen like the type of person our FO is looking for for better or worse.

LOL! Have you even heard of Jarrett thats the worst analogy that I have ever seen.He's a smart kid that played at a great program that we all know Mangini would like to take players from.Is he confident? sure any player with that kind of ability is,but he is and never will act like Chad Johnson what a joke.

Archived