OK imagine the jets,are getting 1 of these 3,who do you prefer at 25?

TNJet

Select out of these 3?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Select out of these 3?

• Paul Posluzsny
    • Dewayne Jarrett
    • Patrick Willis

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o line is the way to go. Unless Blalock is gone and then I would take a cb even though I don't want to.

The more i think about it the more i think they should trade up for Levi Brown because there is no guarantee that blalock will be available at 25.

I am a firm believer that you win by running the ball and stopping the run, which begins and ends in the trenches. However, the majority of the solid OG/RT's in the league are not first round picks. Neither are positions that really warrant reaching into the first round for one unless there is a major talent available. Blalock is not that major talent. There is still so much more to happen between the entire draft and June 1st cuts that I think it would be borderline silly to draft a G in the 1st.

To further prove my point, I think it's a general concensus that DEN, SEA, and KC have had some of the best OL's of the past decade.

DEN's total number of 1st round OL drafts in the last 10 years- 1. George Foster, LT.

KC's total 1st round OL drafts in the past 10 years-2, John Tait, LT and Victor Riley, LT.

SEA's total 1st round OL drafts in the past 10 years-4-Hutchinson G, SpencerC, Jones LT, McIntosh LT.

Out of the 7 total OL drafted in the first by the teams with the best OL's over the past 10 years or so, 5 were LT's. 1 was a G, and make no mistake nobody will be confusiing Blalock for Hutchinson. I wouldn't be angry over drafting an OG in the first, but there are usually much better options at other positions available.

To further prove my point, I think it's a general concensus that DEN, SEA, and KC have had some of the best OL's of the past decade.

DEN's total number of 1st round OL drafts in the last 10 years- 1. George Foster, LT.

KC's total 1st round OL drafts in the past 10 years-2, John Tait, LT and Victor Riley, LT.

SEA's total 1st round OL drafts in the past 10 years-4-Hutchinson G, SpencerC, Jones LT, McIntosh LT.

Out of the 7 total OL drafted in the first by the teams with the best OL's over the past 10 years or so, 5 were LT's. 1 was a G, and make no mistake nobody will be confusiing Blalock for Hutchinson. I wouldn't be angry over drafting an OG in the first, but there are usually much better options at other positions available.

The jets are in a different situation then some of those teams were. They can't afford to draft oline in the later rounds and hope it works out. They need to get as sure a thing as they possibly can.

The jets are in a different situation then some of those teams were. They can't afford to draft oline in the later rounds and hope it works out. They need to get as sure a thing as they possibly can.

Why? Cooper Carlisle, Ben Hamilton, and Erik Pears are your OG's and RT's for DEN. They're more than sufficient.

SEA has Womack, Locklear, and Gray. Again-more than sufficient.

We are in total agreement that the line needs upgrading, however I don't believe that overreacting and looking for only the elite at each position is the way to remedy it. Every OL in the leage has at least 2 blue collar guys that aren't great, they just get the job done. That's what we need.

Why? Cooper Carlisle, Ben Hamilton, and Erik Pears are your OG's and RT's for DEN. They're more than sufficient.

We are in total agreement that the line needs upgrading, however I don't believe that overreacting and looking for only the elite at each position is the way to remedy it. Every OL in the leage has at least 2 blue collar guys that aren't great, they just get the job done. That's what we need.

Thats why i wanted ed muitalo...

what is the situation that requires a reach in the first round please do explain?

exactly. we have the franchise LT and the center of the future. you can build around them in later rounds with solid blue collar players

still a chance worth taking considering the garbage we have now.

First of all, Kendall is not nearly the garbage you make him out to be. 2 years ago and prior he was very solid, last year he was sandwiched between 2 rookies learning the game. That's a tall task. Clement was far and away the weakest on the OL, with Moore right behind him. DBrick and Mangold will without doubt improve, allowing Kendall to revert back to his old form which is solid enough. Clement can be upgraded with a dead black bear carcass, so it's not going to take much to upgrade them. Personally, I think with the gelling of the unit and the replacement of Clement, this line will naturally improve on its own by leaps and bounds. The best course of action is to stockpile depth in the middle rounds and let the best guys win the starting job. Drafting Blalock at 25 with other talented players at more important positions is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction.

you cant play in the nfl if your not good enough to play. atleast my crap is better than your dog sh*t

so every NFL player is good enough to play huh? Why not just stick any player anywhere? Why bother getting any new players? We already have 53 NFL PLAYERS. Thats the worst argument i've ever heard.

If there, Willis. But, Cornerback is a much bigger need and I'd love to see the Jets draft Ross or Revis.[/quot

If the Jets pick a CB in the first round then I will be happy because I expect that the Jets will have chosen a good one, whoever it is. Same if they pass on one that is available at #25.

How's that for blind faith in Mangini?

Some people are contradicting their own arguments.

If you think the Jets Offensive Line stunk last year as a whole, then hey that is your opinion.. But that also means you think Mangold and DBrick weren't all that impressive. And that means why would you think wasting another first round pick on another OL would improve the situation?

I personally thnk they can get OL in later rounds. It's not like Dbrick was an all pro or anywhere close. Like I said before, Mangold looks like a great player, DBrick looks avg and I'm not assuming he'll become the stud everybody expected.

I don't think it matters though cause Blalock will probably be taken before the Jets even have a chance to pick him anyway. They need to improve their defense.

Some people are contradicting their own arguments.

If you think the Jets Offensive Line stunk last year as a whole, then hey that is your opinion.. But that also means you think Mangold and DBrick weren't all that impressive. And that means why would you think wasting another first round pick on another OL would improve the situation?

I personally thnk they can get OL in later rounds. It's not like Dbrick was an all pro or anywhere close. Like I said before, Mangold looks like a great player, DBrick looks avg and I'm not assuming he'll become the stud everybody expected.

I don't think it matters though cause Blalock will probably be taken before the Jets even have a chance to pick him anyway. They need to improve their defense.

I thought that Mangold was great all year. Dbrick was very good in pass protection and avg in run blocking but you can't ignore the fact that the right side of the line couldn't run block AT ALL for the vast majority of the season. No matter how good Mangold is, he can't make up for 2 sub par players himself. Moore is just terrible. He isn't big enough to run people over and he isn't athletic enough to pull effectively in the run game. He's HORRIBLE. Clement is decent at pass blocking but again he's not big or athletic enough to be a good run blocker and he got pushed around by smallish 4-3 DE's in the running game ALL THE TIME. Even if you want to keep Kendall for another year (which is a bad idea too) that right side of the o line is going to decide how Thomas Jones' jet career turns out and giving it anything less then top priority is foolish. Taking OL in the first round is HARDLY wasting a pick. It's building a foundation for this franchise for a long time.

thats just your way to call me an idiot and not get a bad rep. we can smell that sh*t from miles. u dont have to fool any body with your egocentric shananigans

So you make statements that everyone knows are BS then when i call you out to say I'm egocentric lol.

Archived