OK imagine the jets,are getting 1 of these 3,who do you prefer at 25?

TNJet

Select out of these 3?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Select out of these 3?

• Paul Posluzsny
    • Dewayne Jarrett
    • Patrick Willis

LOL1 Have you even heard of Jarrett thats the worst analogy that I have ever seen.He's a smart kid that played at a great program that we all know Mangini would like to take players from.Is he confident? sure any player with that kind of ability is,but he is and never will act like Chad Johnson what a joke.

Actually i know a lot more about him then you do considering i saw him play in high school and i'm sitting 3 mins from where he grew up. He is going to be one of the Johnson-Horn group not Harrison or Calvin Johnson.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually i know a lot more about him then you do considering i saw him play in high school and i'm sitting 3 mins from where he grew up. He is going to be one of the Johnson-Horn group not Harrison or Calvin Johnson.

Let there be no more conflict I'll put it to rest about the oline...the jets will neever select an olinemen in the first this year period.Second or third? yes very possible,but never will they pick an olinemen this year with our first.

Let there be no more conflict I'll put it to rest about the oline...the jets will neever select an olinemen in the first this year period.Second or third? yes very possible,but never will they pick an olinemen this year with our first.
I have no idea what they will do. I'm just giving my opinion. I obviously don't run the team.

I have no idea what they will do. I'm just giving my opinion. I obviously don't run the team.

right so chill out and smoke some bud dude.You are gonna have a heart attack on draft day if they do select Brown or Blalock hahaha.:)

Why is this directed at me? I'm far from the only person here saying they should draft an olineman.

Uh all I meant was you act like a team with arena league players at every position on o except Oline,with Dbrick and Brown as bookends would win it all for 20 years straight.

If you got that from what I said then fine.

Here,get used to these names at oline...Ramirez,Alleman,Free,Ugoh,Duckworth,Heyer etc.Forget these....Brown,Grubbs,and Blalock they are simply pipe dreams as to what the jets are thinking.

so a redzone killer with hands of Chrebet and the size of Keyshawn is nobody the Jets should consider....I beg the differ.That would give us a WR tandem that would rival the Rams of 99.Think of what Jarrett would do for our already great WR's Coles and Cotchery.News flash you cant shut down 3 excellent recievers unless you have 3 awsome CB's,which I doubt anybody does.Chad or Kellen would make DJ an instant star.

If Jarrett was a mixture of Jesus and Moses like you seem to think he is, his draft stock wouldn't have plummeted from top ten to borderline 2nd rounder in the past couple months.

Jarrett is Mike Williams reincarnated. I'd rather spend a pick on Steve Smith.

we got our franchise olinemen last year now we can build around dbrick and MANgoldteeth
So the fact that 3/5 of the oline is CRAP means nothing? I don't care how good Brick and Mangold are. As long as they have garbage like Kendall Clement and Moore starting they will never be good enough.

So the fact that 3/5 of the oline is CRAP means nothing? I don't care how good Brick and Mangold are. As long as they have garbage like Kendall Clement and Moore starting they will never be good enough.

it means nothing!

kendall is a first round pick and is a solid performer. the other two can be replaced in later rounds.

bears went to superbowl with only one probowl lineman. pro bowl center of the colts, jeff saturday, was an undrafted free agent

it means nothing!

kendall is a first round pick and is a solid performer. the other two can be replaced in later rounds.

bears went to superbowl with only one probowl lineman. pro bowl center of the colts, jeff saturday, was an undrafted free agent

the fact that you just called 34 year old DONE pete kendall a "first round pick" and a "solid performer" shows that you clearly don't understand the situation that the jets o line is in right now.

Quit being a dumbass, mike.

Don't you know anything at all about football? Offensive linemen grow on trees. We don't need to waste a first rounder on one, we just need to plant more trees and water them daily so that they blossom before September.

Quit being a dumbass, mike.

Don't you know anything at all about football? Offensive linemen grow on trees. We don't need to waste a first rounder on one, we just need to plant more trees and water them daily so that they blossom before September.

Yeah because you can just snap your fingers and sign Jeff Saterday's brother...

the fact that you just called 34 year old DONE pete kendall a "first round pick" and a "solid performer" shows that you clearly don't understand the situation that the jets o line is in right now.

wait! what? no stats. ah man i'm dissapointed. normally u throw stats like crazy but i geuss your high tonight

you didn't even bother to read the whole 1 line. "later rounds" no emergency need

I don't agree with the notion of picking the BAP.... Yeah if the BAP fits a need, then great, by all means take them, even if it's not the top priority. But at this point, if the BAP is some QB, what would be the point in taking the guy? None. Just like taking the BAP who might be a center.

Sometimes the BAP needs to fit a need, not just a hope.

I don't agree with the notion of picking the BAP.... Yeah if the BAP fits a need, then great, by all means take them, even if it's not the top priority. But at this point, if the BAP is some QB, what would be the point in taking the guy? None. Just like taking the BAP who might be a center.

what we realy mean is BAP that is not at one like qb where we have a starter and an heir aparent to him already.Coles cant play forever,get Jarrett or Meachem or Bowe.

I know i sound like a borken record but they need a OL here. They owe it to themselves with the money they gave TJ.

I agree. Blalock at 25 makes sense. It helps our run game and allows the OFFENSE to keep moving the chains! Thus the defense gets a rest too! BUILD a powerful OL!

I agree. Blalock at 25 makes sense. It helps our run game and allows the OFFENSE to keep moving the chains! Thus the defense gets a rest too! BUILD a powerful OL!

Don't be surprised if the Chiefs snag him from right under us at 23. They really need to restock that O-line with Willie Roaf and Jordan Black both gone and Will Shields has got at most a year left in the league. Blalock is talked about as a Guard but he can play RT too and if he learns his techniques well enough he could play LT one day as well.

Ofcourse knowing Herm he'll probably talk KC management into taking a scrub DB or defensive lineman.

what we realy mean is BAP that is not at one like qb where we have a starter and an heir aparent to him already.Coles cant play forever,get Jarrett or Meachem or Bowe.

If you had picked somebody other than Jarrett I might be with you. Fact is, depending on what he runs at pro-day (IIRC it's today-did he run yet?) Jarrett may well be well out of round 1. I'm betting he falls. Willis ran in the 4.3s at his pro-day, he will not be dropping to 25. IF Carriker, Willis, Branch or Okoye falls we should be all over them. Same for Gaines Adams. About as likely as Quinn, CJ or Peterson falling. Or Joe Thomas-if he falls I'll be happy to go OL again. While you're dreaming, last thing we need is a safety, but if Landry drops I'm all for him.

Meachem, Bowe and maybe Rice will all go ahead of Jarrett. Ginn too. I'm not in love with taking another OL, but I'd rather do that than take a wr that runs 4.8. I think Moss is more of an edge rusher that is too small for DE and will be questionable in coverage. Still be long gone. Poz or Blalock will not make me ecstatic, but I won't be screaming obscenities at the TV either.

Name one. Go through the OT prospects and find one with RT size who is worthy of anything other than backing up a sub-par Clement.

I think they will go with Clement and Blanton at RT and see if Blanton developes.

With that said Im lost who they will pick at 25 but cant wait for the draft

I think they will go with Clement and Blanton at RT and see if Blanton developes.

With that said Im lost who they will pick at 25 but cant wait for the draft

So dedicate the most important run blocking position to has beens and projects? Thats a great idea...

if brady quin is available hell yeah i'll pick him at 25th

I am a firm believer that you win by running the ball and stopping the run, which begins and ends in the trenches. However, the majority of the solid OG/RT's in the league are not first round picks. Neither are positions that really warrant reaching into the first round for one unless there is a major talent available. Blalock is not that major talent. There is still so much more to happen between the entire draft and June 1st cuts that I think it would be borderline silly to draft a G in the 1st.

Archived