OT: Elvis

Alk

I'm going to come right out and admit it. I started watching this show because my wife is a huge Elvis fan and I got totally sucked in. I don't know who this actor is but he's doing a hell of a job as Elvis. Anyone else have the balls to admit they're watching? :lol:

I watched it with my wife. It didn't suck.

When I was a kid, I hated Elvis. By that point, he was a Vegas cartoon. Then, I found out about his early music and saw the video of him when he was young. The guy kicked ass.

I watched it with my wife. It didn't suck.

When I was a kid, I hated Elvis. By that point, he was a Vegas cartoon. Then, I found out about his early music and saw the video of him when he was young. The guy kicked a$$.

I used to hate Elvis too. No real reason, I just didn't think it was cool to like him. Then I actually started watching some of the shows about him and actually found out he was one hell of an entertainer.

The coolest men of the 20th century

Elvis Presley

Joe Namath

Both are in the "SUPER COOL HALL OF FAME"

How so?

Because there is only one way to keep score when it comes to cool ... GORGEOUS WOMEN

Not money ... not fame ... not power ... not anything else ... JUST CHICKS

And it can't be a pimp thing like Huge Hefner, Bob Guccione, casting couch studio heads of old hollywood {Howard Hughes, etc}, or various pimps diguised as something else ... too me that's like paying for a hooker ... doesn't make you cool because anyone with cash and something to offer can easily intice the same from women who are easily bought ... it has to be based on COOL ... that has to be the driving force ... and while Elvis & Namath may have been rich, famous, powerful, or what have you, their success with the ladies was always more about COOL than anything else

Anyway, with these two cats it was always about more than fame ... these were the type of dudes who would have had their pick of the litter were they dirt poor ... they just had that certain COOL ... all fame did for these two was provide greater access to the famous hotties, but they'd have been tapping the finest chicks they came in contact with if they never achieved fame and fortune ... at least that was obvious too this observer ... therefore I put them in the "SUPER COOL HALL OF FAME"

I am not old enough to remember seeing him perform live or anything but let me tell you. Elvis rocks. His music has that danceable rythm, the guy took risks in his music (well, risks for the 1950's-1960's) and he entertained masses! The guy was a personable superstar who really understood that acknowledging his fans was the way to act. His death was sad and I am sure he would have engineered a revival in the 80's if he had lived. Elvis rules...

LL

Archived