Shocker-Isles got a shot

Bugg

Easter Epic Part II?

Come on Louie, give Marty the day off!!!

I watched the Habs/Leafs game tonight. What an amazing game. Its a real accomplishment that the Leafs made it this far with Raycroft in net. The guy cant stop a beachball.

DirecTV couldnt give me just tonight's game so in order to get it I also had to purchase the race for the cup playoff package for $49.99. After I agreed to purchase it they gave me $5 off my next three monthly payments.

Either way they're done. They lose to the Devils or they beat the Devils and get swept by the Sabres.

Good luck Isles fans. Thank god we have Atlanta.

The thrashers are no pushover. They are a young talented team who beat the rangers 3 out 4 of times this season.

Either way they're done. They lose to the Devils or they beat the Devils and get swept by the Sabres.

Good luck Isles fans. Thank god we have Atlanta.

Im pretty sure you said in 1993 that the Islanders without their best player Pierre Turgeon were going to get swept by the 2 time defending Champion Penguins...

The Sabres would be a tall order, obviously but anything can happen in teh NHL playoffs. This is not the NBA where the 8th seed is guaranteed a 4 game smashing. Thats why all you want to do is get in. Look no further than last year's Oilers.

Besides, Wang can really use that extra playoff revenue lol

Rangers/Thrashers is going to be a heck of a series, but it's Atlanta (blah).

Rangers in 7.

Hockey sucks.

There was more emotion, drama and heart in the last 30 minutes of today's Devs/Isles game than there's been in the NBA and NCAA b-ball seasons combined.Pro and college basketball sucks donkey balls. They've ruined a great game.

The thrashers are no pushover. They are a young talented team who beat the rangers 3 out 4 of times this season.

The Rangers have been a much different and much better team the last 2-3 months. Good luck Atlanta, thats all I have to say.

King Henrik will shut em out. 2 goals a game and we should be able to win 4 of 6.

The Rangers have been a much different and much better team the last 2-3 months. Good luck Atlanta, thats all I have to say.

King Henrik will shut em out. 2 goals a game and we should be able to win 4 of 6.

I wouldn't get too ****y. That team can score. (i can't say c-o-c-k-y?)

Had the Isles lost today I would have maybe taken 3 years off from watching every sport all together. .9 seconds left, still cant get over it. Right up there with Eric Barton's SD playoff game stupidity. Thats how shocked I was. Anybody hear Jaffe the Islanders announcer after the goal? Just utter craziness.

BUt once we got into the shootout I felt pretty comfortable. No Brodeur and Doobie has that poke check down pat.

Great job by Teddy Nolan this year, lost Yashin, Martinek, Gervais and DiPietro for an extended period of time and still found a way to get the boys into the playoffs with cast offs littered all over the roster. Yea, we may get mauled by the Sabres, but it looks like teh Isles have the right guy in charge.

I hope somebody called the suicide hotline for the city of Toronto tonight.

There was more emotion, drama and heart in the last 30 minutes of today's Devs/Isles game than there's been in the NBA and NCAA b-ball seasons combined.Pro and college basketball sucks donkey balls. They've ruined a great game.

1) That's an exaggeration...

2) Saying that I can tell you know very little about basketball.

Good job Islanders. I've got a friend who is a die-hard Leafs fan who is probably fastening the noose right now as we speak.

124, Thrashers are not going to be pushovers in the 1st round. Blueshirts are doing well, but they've still got plenty of holes. Sean Avery sure as hell isn't goin to propel you into the playoffs, so you better hope Jagr, Shanny, and Lundvqist are on top of their games or Kolvachuk and Hossa are going to run all over them. I see the Rangers takin the 1st round. Cup? not so much.

Hopefully the Wings will not continue their epic choke job in the first round, but I would love nothing more than Bertuzzi to take out Iginla. I hate that pr***.

ShadowJet, if you don't like Hockey fine. But nobody here really gives a **** what you think about hockey. Stick to the Jets, baseball or whatever instead of sitting in this forum strictly to try and draw the ire of hockey fans on this board.

Hockey sucks.

Then why the hell did you bother coming over here.

And back on point, the Islanders will have to pull something incredible out of there a$$es to beat the Sabres. It would be better for the Rangers if they did win however, b/c if the Rangers advance they will most likely have to play Buffalo.

1) That's an exaggeration...

2) Saying that I can tell you know very little about basketball.

I played high school varsity basketball and currently play in college, I can tell you that hockey has a lot more passion than the NBA, dont be an ******* just for the sake of it.

****ing liar.

What college, Southwest Missisippi-Biloxi State?

Have you ever watched an NHL playoff game Shadow? I dare you to find a more intense atmosphere. The Stanley Cup finals themselves are just insanely intense. You can't really be saying the NBA is more intense than the NHL? College basketball is better than the NBA, but neither approaches hockey.

Have you ever watched an NHL playoff game Shadow? I dare you to find a more intense atmosphere. The Stanley Cup finals themselves are just insanely intense. You can't really be saying the NBA is more intense than the NHL? College basketball is better than the NBA, but neither approaches hockey.

1) No, and nor does anyone else of my ethnicity.

2) Uhm, no. College Basketball rivals the world cup in terms of intensity from fans and students/players.

3) are you caucasian?

1) No, and nor does anyone else of my ethnicity.

2) Uhm, no. College Basketball rivals the world cup in terms of intensity from fans and students/players.

3) are you caucasian?

1)Ook. Not sure where race comes in here.

2)Um, yes. College basketball is intense. And if you don't watch hockey, how would you have a clue about how intense the Stanley Cup Finals are. You should watch a game or two and see what it's like.

3)Yes. Still don't see what that has to do with it. I go to George Mason now and though unfortunately I wasn't here when they made the final four, I went to several games this year. College basketball is a great sport. NHL hockey is just way better. And the NBA is an abomination. I haven't watched an NBA game in years.

As a fan of BOTH basketball and hockey, I can say that both sports have attributes which make them enjoyable. I do feel that the NBA sucks, but the intensity of college basketball should not be discounted by virtue of the fact that this year's tournament was largely unwatchable. Other than VCU's thrilling upset of Duke, there were few upsets. Why? Blame the selection committee. Three games featured mid-major vs. mid-major in the 1st round (Butler-Old Dominion, Nevada-Creighton, and So. Illinois-Holy Cross), bouncing 3 contenders for a "cinderella story" out in the beginning. So there was little chance for some major upsets outside to occur outside of teams like Winthrop.

The tournament also snubbed two other worthy tourney teams, Drexel and Missouri State. The selection process is flawed, for sure, and has helped to hurt the most exciting postseason tournament in sports. But as a fan of the game that has gone to dozens of college basketball games in my life, I can tell you there is no other atmosphere quite like it, particularly when your team is involved.

As for hockey, no sporting event keeps your eyes on the action more. The NHL does a lousy job marketing itself, but the fans are starting to come out in places where hockey used to be a non-factor (see: Carolina Hurricanes). I don't watch nearly enough hockey, mostly because it is a difficult sport to watch on TV at times. But it is nonetheless the most exciting professional sport to watch when you actually ATTEND the game.

Archived