Al Wilson to be relesed today

D'brickMangoldJets

The Broncos will reportedly release MLB Al Wilson on Friday.

The Denver Post reports Wilson has a "strong chance" to miss the 2007 season due to neck and back injuries. Wilson, 29, also could retire. His release will save the Broncos $1.63 million under the salary cap.

Source: Denver Post

This interests me big time. Always liked his hard hitting attitude.

The Denver Post reports Wilson has a "strong chance" to miss the 2007 season due to neck and back injuries. Wilson, 29, also could retire. His release will save the Broncos $1.63 million under the salary cap.

before everyone wants the jets to sign him....there are no time machines, if they invent one before the season then yes lets sign him. As for now, i think we have enough aging linebackers (1, eric barton).

before everyone wants the jets to sign him....there are no time machines, if they invent one before the season then yes lets sign him. As for now, i think we have enough aging linebackers (1, eric barton).

Exactly why, i'm thinking outside the box that maybe Wilson allows the Jets to trade a Barton for a first day pick, Keep rebuilding and retooling young talent.

Exactly why, i'm thinking outside the box that maybe Wilson allows the Jets to trade a Barton for a first day pick, Keep rebuilding and retooling young talent.

Barton is expensive and old, that doesnt ever work out to being worth much in a trade... not to mention losing him for another old VET who doesnt know the system would be a downgrade...

Why are you a Raiders fan in NYC....

and anyway..

Sign this beast, but only to short money.

Im going to school in NYC but im cali right now. Spring break i dont want to go back though cali is the best bro i love the beach,sun,ladies etc...

1. He's out for the year and may even retire

2. What we have now is fine and much more healthy

why does everyone pick on Barton when he was one of the Jets best lbs last year? if the guy cannot play in 2007 why would anyone make a move for him?

THANK YOU! Barton was solid last year, no reason to contimplate his replacement for 07.

Dude, it says he might not even be able to play in 2007 due to neck and back issues! Why the hell would we sign him?

It's being sarcastic.... you know...

everybody always says that, so I said it, jokingly...

jeezuz christ does anyone have a sense of humor know-a-days?

It's being sarcastic.... you know...

everybody always says that, so I said it, jokingly...

jeezuz christ does anyone have a sense of humor know-a-days?

You might want to notate that sarcasm, since typed letters usually don't indicate it and more importantly given the fact that many here would or have completely overlooked that huge snippet of information and actually feel we should sign him.

1. He's out for the year and may even retire

2. What we have now is fine and much more healthy

Oh I didn't know all that.

:confused0082: You posted it... :lol:

Al Wilson was a hitting machine, can't believe the injuries could cause him to retire.

And to those saying he is old and on the downside of his career just remember that he's the same age as a certain LB the Pats signed this offseason that almost everyone here wanted us to go after.

Al Wilson was a hitting machine, can't believe the injuries could cause him to retire.

And to those saying he is old and on the downside of his career just remember that he's the same age as a certain LB the Pats signed this offseason that almost everyone here wanted us to go after.

:rl::Nuts:

that was a good one! :lol:

He's only on the downside of his career due to injuries though. If he was still healthy I wouldn't mind the Jets looking at him. Of course, if he was healthy, Denver probably wouldn't be releasing him.

He's only on the downside of his career due to injuries though. If he was still healthy I wouldn't mind the Jets looking at him. Of course, if he was healthy, Denver probably wouldn't be releasing him.

Pretty sure I heard the word aging being thrown around earlier in the thread, and yes injuries can age a player very quickly, but people are talking like he's been in the league for 10 years! Just sayin'.

Its not so much the age, its how many hits he's taken. Different position, but look at priest holmes, he was very productive in his 30's where most RB's aren't.

I didn't want Thomas cause i think he's overhyped, but maybe he hasn't taken as many hits as Wilson has. IDK, i don't want either of them...

Its not so much the age, its how many hits he's taken. Different position, but look at priest holmes, he was very productive in his 30's where most RB's aren't.

I didn't want Thomas cause i think he's overhyped, but maybe he hasn't taken as many hits as Wilson has. IDK, i don't want either of them...

I'm not calling you out MD, we're actually in agreement because I said that injuries can make a player older than they really are and conversely, a good healthy player can be younger than their age (see T. Jones).

29 is not old for a LB, it's only old for a LB that has neck and back problems that could end his career.

Archived