Eagles | Westbrook to reimburse team

Smizzy

Eagles | Westbrook to reimburse team

Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:32:10 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports the agent for Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook, Fletcher Smith, says the running back intends to pay back the additional roster bonus the team mistakingly gave him last season. However, there is some debate as to how much Westbrook is expected to give back. According to Smith, Westbrook didn't really get an extra $3 million, the result of a March 2006 roster bonus being paid twice. The check Westbrook received, minus withholding, was roughly $1.7 million or $1.8 million. Once it is clear just how much Westbrook received, and whether he paid additional taxes based on having the extra money, Westbrook will return the sum, Smith added.

Yea...sounds like a real scumbag. You guys are hilarious.

I think it was pretty sad all these guys bashing him without all of the facts. They want this guy to give back 3m when he only got 1.8 and probably paid taxes on the money. You think westbrook should have to eat the tax money because the eagles made a mistake? I don't

I think it was pretty sad all these guys bashing him without all of the facts. They want this guy to give back 3m when he only got 1.8 and probably paid taxes on the money. You think westbrook should have to eat the tax money because the eagles made a mistake? I don't

Of course...didn't you hear? He stole it!!

Archived