Rangers vs. Sabres

lawngnome o-line

we're talking about the rangers, not the islanders. they're def getting more than 1 game on the sabres. the last series proved that if the sabres play a team that they could be beat..that and not have every call go their way

:box:

You mean just like the games they got from the sabres during the season?

You mean just like the games they got from the sabres during the season?

We were also 1-3 against Atlanta during the season. Look how that worked out. The Rangers were 0-4 against Buffalo, but 3 of those games had Weekes as the goaltender and 3 of the games went to OT. Also, all of these games were played before December and before Sean Avery was even on the team and the Rangers are a very hot team right now.

My point is, you can throw those regular season games out the window. Buffalo is a great team and I think this will be a great series.

Rangers have no reason not to win. Buffalo had to beat us in OT three times when Rangers were sh*t. Plus they beat Weekes like three times. If they could barley beat us then when they were at their peak and Rangers at their vally what makes you think they can do same in reverse?

Because the Sabres have 4 lines that can all score, 3 solid Dmen who can also score and a great goalie. The rangers just don't have the defensive talent to compete.

damn right he's no lundqvist....i think the fact that the sabres have depth is the only thing that worries me. i see them as being a beatable team b/c unless they slept their way thru the first rd i think every single game the islanders played their butts off and didn't give them easy wins. and i bet there were sabres fans who were worried. expect a big series from callahan and shanny who has finally gotten his game back since the concusion

damn right he's no lundqvist....i think the fact that the sabres have depth is the only thing that worries me. i see them as being a beatable team b/c unless they slept their way thru the first rd i think every single game the islanders played their butts off and didn't give them easy wins. and i bet there were sabres fans who were worried. expect a big series from callahan and shanny who has finally gotten his game back since the concusion

Buffalos a good team when they can play offense so basically they are great when they have the puck. Ryan Miller is tiny 6'2 175 lbs compared to Lundqvist 6'1 190ish build. Way to beat the Sabres was shown by the Isles if you attack them they take penaltys and panic it's gonna be either Rangers in 6 or Sabres in 7.

Lundquist is no Weekes.

Jagr is playing as well as he has all year. And he and Shanahan are going to be 100% healthy. Add in a healthy Hossa and another strong series from everyone's favorite pest, Sean Avery, and it's Rangers in 6.

Buffalo in 4:Nuts:

Seriously though, I don't see the Rangers troubling us that much, that's no offense to the Rangers fans, but look at Ottawa last year, they were the best team in the East, we were supposed to get dominated by them and we wiped the floor with them in 5 games.

Bottom Line, Buffalo will win the series, doesn't matter how many games, but Buffalo will win

The Sabres are just better, its plain and simple. Swept the season series and finish 1st overall.

Sabres in 6.

Good job ignoring my post about how Kevin Weekes started 3 of the 4 games the Rangers had against the Sabres this year. Sabres are a great team no doubt, but don't underestimate the Rangers. If you do it won't end well for you guys. If King Henrik plays as well as he's capable of, he could steal this series.

Also, I can't believe I'm seeing a 3-page hockey thread. Wtf is happening??!! :P

Buffalo in 4:Nuts:

Seriously though, I don't see the Rangers troubling us that much, that's no offense to the Rangers fans, but look at Ottawa last year, they were the best team in the East, we were supposed to get dominated by them and we wiped the floor with them in 5 games.

Bottom Line, Buffalo will win the series, doesn't matter how many games, but Buffalo will win

Who cares what happened last year? Right now the Rangers are easily one of the hottest teams still playing, the first line is just on fire and Lundqvist has been amazing. If you really don't think the Rangers won't trouble you guys too much, you are in for a surprise.

if Henrik is "King Henrik"...what does that make Brodeur? GOD MARTY??

everybody knows marty is in a league of his own, and is probably the best goalie in the playoffs right now. but the 2nd best goalie is hands down henrik. what is it 1.33 goals against? he's healthy and he's been on fire since february.....the series is gonna be great

Good job ignoring my post about how Kevin Weekes started 3 of the 4 games the Rangers had against the Sabres this year. Sabres are a great team no doubt, but don't underestimate the Rangers. If you do it won't end well for you guys. If King Henrik plays as well as he's capable of, he could steal this series.

Also, I can't believe I'm seeing a 3-page hockey thread. Wtf is happening??!! :P

First of all, goaltending is very key, but we had plenty of injuries during that time span as well, maybe not our goalie, but we had key guys out too. So no excuses there.

Secondly I can and will underestimate the Rangers all I want. Im not playing in the series, so it really doesnt matter. As long as the team doesnt, we'll be fine. The Rangers are good, and will put up a good fight but will just come up short.

Buffalo is good no doubt about it- any hockey fan knows throw out the regular season stats come playoff time- the key is can the Rangers slow down the Sabres forwards and Lundqvist has to continue his great play. Go Rangers

Archived