I am in the minority

DonCorleone

but I completely disappointed by our 1st round draft choice. This will prove to be as bad a move as Roberts 4th overall. Happier with the 2ns round.

He's the best CB in the draft and the smartest. He's a Mangini type guy, you can't argue with that.

but I completely disappointed by our 1st round draft choice. This will prove to be as bad a move as Roberts 4th overall. Happier with the 2nd round.

I disagree Godfather - I think this guy is the real deal and will help out big on special teams too.

C- draft for us (last year was so much better).

Revis an athlete ... but who did he shut down at Pitt ... to warrant us trading up so much for him?

Harris is ok ... but trading up for an ILB who you'll probably have to take out on third downs (unless it is third and short?)

last two picks are late are you hope they make the team ... the wr in the 7th round for Clemson was a reasonable pick ... who has a chance to make the team.

I know I'm the minority opinion ... but I think we should have gone creative ... Pick Quinn with the first pick and next priority get a big OL ... with those first two picks. Kendell is getting old, Brandon Moore is still a ? mark.

True, but someone needs to come out on the nickel package anyway.

Stopping the run was one of our major weaknesses last year, so I do not see how anyone can criticize the Harris pick. D-Rob turned it on towards the end of the season last year, so NT might actually not be a problem, and will be even less of a problem with Harris out there. You're going to see an improvement in Vilma's play whenever Harris is in there, pass or running down, and I think that improvement actually supercedes any reason to not have Harris out there.

Now if only we took care of our DE problem. Hopefully Revis turns into a very good corner. If things pan out for us, our defense, especially with Mangini's brainstorming, is definitely a playoff caliber one. Hopefully our offense is too. We're still not going to be championship level, but it'd be nice to be a clear #6 seed this year at least, rather than sliding in or being questioned because of difficulty of competition. Pats, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos might all be a step above. Hopefully we are at least better than the Bengals in this stacked conference. At least we should be better than the Chiefs.

Stopping the run was one of our major weaknesses last year, so I do not see how anyone can criticize the Harris pick. D-Rob turned it on towards the end of the season last year, so NT might actually not be a problem, and will be even less of a problem with Harris out there. You're going to see an improvement in Vilma's play whenever Harris is in there, pass or running down, and I think that improvement actually supercedes any reason to not have Harris out there.

Now if only we took care of our DE problem. Hopefully Revis turns into a very good corner. If things pan out for us, our defense, especially with Mangini's brainstorming, is definitely a playoff caliber one. Hopefully our offense is too. We're still not going to be championship level, but it'd be nice to be a clear #6 seed this year at least, rather than sliding in or being questioned because of difficulty of competition. Pats, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos might all be a step above. Hopefully we are at least better than the Bengals in this stacked conference. At least we should be better than the Chiefs.

I KNOW we've taken care of our DE "problem" with the Bowens Coleman pick-ups

but I completely disappointed by our 1st round draft choice. This will prove to be as bad a move as Roberts 4th overall. Happier with the 2nd round.

I would be dissapointed too. Does anybody realize that your 1st round pick was coached in college by Dave Wannstedt. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke and Mangina traded up for that piece of Wannstach crap.

I would be dissapointed too. Does anybody realize that your 1st round pick was coached in college by Dave Wannstedt. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke and Mangina traded up for that piece of Wannstach crap.

oh you mean THE Dave Wannstedt that has done what the last couple of Dolphins coaches have NOT been able to do? You know,MAKE THE FRIGGIN PLAYOFFS

I love the Harris pick....I still would have like a bigger NT. Our offense is good enough to win regular season games, but with Chad as our QB, we are limited to a probable playoff appearence.

At JetNation, gay is a majority.

It is sad to see how clueless most fans are about football operations. And whats even worse, is the same one's who don't know what they are talking about, tend to think their opinion should be heard above all others. Anyone who knows football knows the Jets made two solid if not spectacular picks on day one and got great value day two. I'm tired of worrying about how stupid 70% of my teams fan base is, i actually had to apologize to Chad when i met him this year for Jet fans being such a hard group to deal with. You know the day after the Jets win a superbowl there will be people on here saying they ddint' win it in a spectacular enough fasion and our SB win wasn't as good as New Englands / Miami etc etc. I for one, just enjoy watching football, period.

It is sad to see how clueless most fans are about football operations. And whats even worse, is the same one's who don't know what they are talking about, tend to think their opinion should be heard above all others. Anyone who knows football knows the Jets made two solid if not spectacular picks on day one and got great value day two. I'm tired of worrying about how stupid 70% of my teams fan base is, i actually had to apologize to Chad when i met him this year for Jet fans being such a hard group to deal with. You know the day after the Jets win a superbowl there will be people on here saying they ddint' win it in a spectacular enough fasion and our SB win wasn't as good as New Englands / Miami etc etc. I for one, just enjoy watching football, period.

good post su & welcome. last year was the most enjoyable season for me in a while as far as watching the games. mangini is a breath of fresh air to the jets & while I don't think we're championship caliber at the moment, i feel we're moving in the right direction.

the draft is an educated crapshoot. We needed immediate starters to emerge from our picks & we just may have done it TWICE

Archived