Cub fans- More bad news now Zambrano is hurting

faba

Zambrano suffering from tightness in right armESPN.com news services

The Chicago Cubs might lose another arm from their rotation.

Carlos Zambrano

Starting Pitcher

Chicago Cubs

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

GM W L Sv K ERA

8 3 2 0 46 4.09

An MRI on Monday confirmed that Carlos Zambrano is suffering from tennis elbow.

The right-hander, who lasted just 3 1/3 innings against the Nationals on Saturday, is in jeopardy of missing his next start with tightness in his right arm above and below the elbow, Cubs athletic trainer Mark O'Neal told MLB.com on Monday.

Zambrano, who is scheduled to start Friday against the White Sox, will throw on the side Wednesday in Pittsburgh. It was not clear who would start if he is not available.

"Carlos is pretty anxious to get right after it," O'Neal told MLB.com. "The plan now is try to do a side session on Wednesday and go from there."

Zambrano said Sunday that he felt as though he had "concrete in my arm" after his outing against Washington. However, he sounded confident he'd make his next start if at all possible.

"I'm a horse," he said Sunday. "They'd have to kill me [to get him to miss a start]."

Zambrano is 3-2 with a 4.09 ERA in eight starts. He threw 136 pitches in his previous outing, a complete-game victory over Philadelphia on May 8.

The Cubs. What can be said? The only guy more distraught at this news is Bartman. Now the focus is more on him for the sole cause they lost the World Series that year. Memo to everyone reading this: the Cubs weren't in the WS at the time of that play and had more than one chance to bury the Marlins and make the WS. The team blew it, NOT Bartman.

Then Prior got hurt.

Then Wood got hurt.

Then Borowski got hurt.

Then Wood got hurt again.

Then Borowski got hurt again.

Prior feeling stiffness?

Bartman going, "when will it end?!"

Let me take a minute here and put myself in Bartman's shoes for that play. I'm a diehard fan (good god the guy listened to the game while AT the game!), a foul ball comes my way and I do attempt to make a play for it. HOWEVER, i'd like to think that if I had to lean over into the field I'd stop. I'd like to think that if Alou leans into the crowd to get it, I stop. But I'm not sure. This is MY team and this a once in a lifetime playoff foulball coming my way. In otherwords, how can any TRUE fan blame Bartman? There is no answer to this. The guy with his finger on the button to blow up the Bartman ball probably would have done what Bartman would have done. It's nuts!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Cubs SP are going down more than a cheap hooker. Blame it all on Bartman why don't you. Red Sox fans used Buckner. Unfairly. Once the Cubs win their World Series, they'll realise they were more than a little harsh on Bartman.

What an abyssmally run franchise from top to bottom.

Listen Pissworm, your teams one championship in your lifetime doesn't qualify you to judge anything let alone a major league organization. All your genius level evaluations of the Yankee club are going right up your dukey shute at the moment but you probably enjoy that feeling. You likely never even played the game as you were too busy being stuffed into garbage cans in school by those who did.

The Cubs have an incompetent manager and more than their share of injuries but they have a well above average general manager and owners who aren't afraid to spend money to make their team successful. Ultimately that combination works. Your critique is not required - save it for another subject you know equally little about.

What is a pissworm?

Jet/Bosox.

SJ, I'm not about to get into another Bartman discussion. If Moises Alou catches that ball, the sac fly that gives Florida the lead is the third out. So, it's 3-3 after 7 1/2 innings and not 8-3.

But, yeah, absolutely nothing has went right since that play. Maybe the Cubs will call up Dontrelle Willis to take Zambrano's spot in the rotation. Oh wait...

What is a pissworm?
Max - it's disparaging term for male genitalia. But I'd never use the real word on a guy as happening as JBF. Besides, that could be construed as a personal attack, which we all know is not allowed.

Archived