JetCentral's Projected Jets Depth Chart

SoFlaJets

May 17th, 2007 by Matt Bonczek

My Projected New York Jets 52-man Roster

QB Chad Pennington - Kellen Clemmens - Mark Tuiasosopo

HB Thomas Jones - Leon Washington - Cedric Houston

FB Darian Barnes - Stacy Tutt

WR Laveranues Coles - Jerricho Cotchery - Brad Smith - Frisman Jackson - Tim Dwight

TE Chris Baker - Sean Ryan - Jason Pociask

OT D

an interesting longshot to keep on eye on in camp.

Andrew Wicker (6'5", 295) of Mississippi is a versatile performer, having played all five line positions with the Rebels. The team captain was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2003-04. Wicker received the 2006 J. Richard Price Courage and Compassion Award as the rising senior lineman who, in the opinion of his coaches, has demonstrated extraordinary courage and unusual compassion in his dedication to the team and to Ole Miss.

Wicker converted from defensive tackle after the 2004 season. From Zachary, Louisiana.

nice block :)

May 17th, 2007 by Matt Bonczek

My Projected New York Jets 52-man Roster

QB Chad Pennington - Kellen Clemmens - Mark Tuiasosopo

HB Thomas Jones - Leon Washington - Cedric Houston

FB Darian Barnes - Stacy Tutt

WR Laveranues Coles - Jerricho Cotchery - Brad Smith - Frisman Jackson - Tim Dwight

TE Chris Baker - Sean Ryan - Jason Pociask

OT D’Brickashaw Ferguson - Anthony Clement - Adrian Jones - Jacob Bender

OG Pete Kendall - Brandon Moore - Wade Smith - Adrien Clark

C Nick Mangold - Wade Smith

DE Shaun Ellis - Kenyon Coleman - Kimo Von Oelhoffen - Bobby Hamilton - Mike Haynes

NT Dewayne Robertson - Sione Pouha - C.J. Mosley

OLB Bryan Thomas - Victor Hobson - David Bowens - Matt Chatham

ILB Jonathan Vilma - David Harris - Eric Barton - Brad Kassell

CB Andre Dyson - Darelle Revis - David Barrett - Justin Miller - Drew Coleman

FS Kerry Rhodes - Rashad Washington

SS Erik Coleman - Eric Smith

K Mike Nugent

P Ben Graham

KR Justin Miller

PR Darelle Revis

I predict a McCareins cut. Also don’t be surprised if Barton, Barrett, and Kendall or traded or cut between now and TC. A guy like Chansi Stuckley might be taken over Dwight as the 5th WR for special teams reasons. Doing something like this made me realize one thing - our OL depth situation is not bad, it’s terrible and we really need to try and do something about it, because if one of our lineman goes down we don’t have the talent behind him to field a good OL (except Adrian Jones).

The OL depth is not as bad as you make it sound. Jones can be a decent fill-in for either Tackle position and he was prepared to play Guard last year as well. Wade Smith is a pretty good Guard with starting experience that can also play Center or even Tackle in a pinch. We don't know enough about Bender yet but I would think he is going to need some time to develop. Look around the league and see how many teams have two experienced, versatile guys like Jones and Smith as back-up O-Linemen and then we can start to worry.

I really hope that Stuckey makes the team over Frisman Jackson or Dwight. Jackson is a 6th year guy who has less than 500 career receiving yards. He does have a nice size at 6'3 220 which is something the team doesn't really have, but unless he does something special in camp I doubt he will make the team. Stuckey is a lot better than people are giving him credit for having played in a run-dominated Offense in college. His injuries are way overblown as well. He ran a 4.34 40 at his pro-day and was expected to be a 3rd-4th round pick but slipped when he ran a 4.6 at the combine on a banged up foot. I fully expect him to make the team and maybe even challenge Brad Smith for playing time as the slot receiver. As far as Dwight goes, he's good but his potential has already been realized and he definitely has a problem staying on the field. It's time to say goodbye to Timmy. I think one of the many guys they are bringing to camp will get the 5th receiver slot or maybe even Wallace Wright who played great on special teams towards the end of last year.

Contrary to popular belief, I think Barton is going to stick. He is still a starter at this point until Harris unseats him. McCaerins has to go at his salary as does Von O. Barrett is a tough call because he is great insurance but the contract he has is definitely prohibitive.

Don't forget about Jesse Allen as a possible back-up FB although I really liked what I saw from Tutt last year. Did they keep Hodgins around? He wasn't so bad himself.

CB Andre Dyson - Darelle Revis - David Barrett - Justin Miller - Drew Coleman

I dont understand how they have Coleman going from a part time starter ahead of Barrett and Miller in 06' as a rookie... to being behind both of them in 07'...

I dont understand how they have Coleman going from a part time starter ahead of Barrett and Miller in 06' as a rookie... to being behind both of them in 07'...

Barrett will probably be gone before the season starts. I would expect that Miller and Coleman will battle it out for the nickel spot.

A 6th year player that they plucked from the Browns at the end of last season. He hasn't done much and is kind of slow but maybe they can get something out of him as a possession or goal-line receiver. Time will tell although I don't think he'll make the cut.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4291

Comment:

Jackson has good size, play speed and athleticism. He has a good release off the line. He has some play strength and enough short-area quickness to create initial separation. He is a tall and runs upright but plays with good balance and control. He is a big target who has some downfield leaping ability on vertical routes. He is a solid route runner who has good downfield setup. He is more effective dropping his hips on inside cuts than on outside cuts. He leans into defenders and pushes off to create downfield separation at the top of stems. He has the size and play strength to be an effective downfield blocker. Jackson can be effective in short and intermediate areas, but he lacks ideal top-end speed and hands. He can be inconsistent catching the ball. He is a flash guy who came into the league as a quarterback. He still is raw in many ways.

Comment:

Jackson has good size, play speed and athleticism. He has a good release off the line. He has some play strength and enough short-area quickness to create initial separation. He is a tall and runs upright but plays with good balance and control. He is a big target who has some downfield leaping ability on vertical routes. He is a solid route runner who has good downfield setup. He is more effective dropping his hips on inside cuts than on outside cuts. He leans into defenders and pushes off to create downfield separation at the top of stems. He has the size and play strength to be an effective downfield blocker. Jackson can be effective in short and intermediate areas, but he lacks ideal top-end speed and hands. He can be inconsistent catching the ball. He is a flash guy who came into the league as a quarterback. He still is raw in many ways.

Considering they don't really have a guy his size maybe he IS worth a little look. You never know. They can definitely use a bigger guy who can make some catches over the middle to take the heat off of Coles and Cotchery and keep Coles from getting his head knocked off every other week.

I think the only reason Coleman was starting over Barrett was because he was dinged all year. I agree with JetFuel that there is a good chance that Barrett will be gone before the season starts because they have a lot of $$ wrapped up at cb.

Archived