Almost lost my breakfast after reading this.

Garb

....and you all think Curt Schilling is a media whore? Lord, please I can'tgo through an entire season of this ca-ca. So, how much do you think his Publicist makes? He/She's good. :x And, to think that James Montgomery was one of my favorite locals bands. Nevermind Jon Butcher Axis! Loved them back in the day!

Sorry for babbling, guys....

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=84469

How many years and how many dollars have NFL teams invested in Flutie now? He had a decent stretch with the Bills, but has sucked overall. WTF is that? The guy has made more money off of that one pass against the Hurricanes than I don't know what. Holla.

13 -

Scab! :lol:

Tx -

Nope. Never heard of this Lightening Band. Are they Country? If so, I DEFINITELY would not know them. However, I do recall this place called the Metro. It's called Avalon now. You should see the gazillion of pubs and clubs in the Fenway area. Crazy.

I actually have a picture of me and my buddies with Jon Butcher Axis....taken at ...shoot! What was the name of that place? Allston. A real Dive. A very long time ago indeed! Now I'm sad. :wink:

See, NO GOOD comes from Flutie Flake.

....and you all think Curt Schilling is a media whore? Lord, please I can'tgo through an entire season of this ca-ca. So, how much do you think his Publicist makes? He/She's good. :x And, to think that James Montgomery was one of my favorite locals bands. Nevermind Jon Butcher Axis! Loved them back in the day!

Sorry for babbling, guys....

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=84469

pardon I if I ask, but which hole where you to lose your breakfast through??

It should read Doug Flutie Pass an actual access road in Natick, MA that connects one mall to another. Now, if this doofus gets an access road, Larry Bird gets a statue in Fanuiel Hall and Ted Williams gets a Tunnel - what will Tom Brady get? :lol:

It should read Doug Flutie Pass an actual access road in Natick, MA that connects one mall to another. Now, if this doofus gets an access road, Larry Bird gets a statue in Fanuiel Hall and Ted Williams gets a Tunnel - what will Tom Brady get? :lol:

probably AIDS

Tx -

Nope. Never heard of this Lightening Band. Are they Country? If so, I DEFINITELY would not know them. However, I do recall this place called the Metro. It's called Avalon now. You should see the gazillion of pubs and clubs in the Fenway area. Crazy.

Great rock n' roll band from the early 80's. Metro was right behind the Green Monster on Lansdowne Street.

Boston had some great local bands during this era.

privatelightning414.jpg

Private Lightning

Quick was a 6 piece outfit formed in 1975. Twins Paul and Patty Van Ness, guitar and violin respectively, were its nucleus, along with Eric Kaufman (keys), Steven Keith (bassist) and 19-year-old drummer Scott Woodman (who joined in June of 1978). The band added Adam Sherman on vocals and rhythm guitar and took form as Private Lightning. With their epic compositions and violins they drew comparisons by more than one critic as a cross between Bruce Springsteen and It's a Beautiful Day. Private Lightning had the good fortune to give private performances to both Clive Davis (President of Arista at the time) and one Jerry Greenberg (President of Atlantic) at the Cambridge Music Complex. Soon after a Paradise gig in 1978, Fred Heller, manager of Lou Reed and Mott the Hoople, signed them on. Levine and Thai, one of the biggest N.Y. entertainment law firms, was retained. Each of the six received $1,000 personal advances and a vacation to the Caribbean Isle of Montserrat with producer/engineer Robin Geoffrey Cable. All songs were written by Paul Van Ness except "Heartbeat", by Adam Sherman. The results were mixed, with 3 songs receiving minimal national airplay. When the band was asked for a preview of their next LP's material, they were quickly dropped. The band tail spinned and eventually broke up. The songs "Physical Speed" and "Song of a Kite" remain as classic local hits. Sherman went on to form The Souls and marry Patty

Archived