Question About I-Pods?????

GET 2 WORK HEWA

I don't have the technology yet either but my Daughter has had one since they came out. Simply think of it as hi-volume memory stick with a player attached to it. The really slick deal is getting the trans-ceiver that allows you to play the player over a specific FM frequency. Sounds dynomite in any car with a good sound system. Soon to make the plunge myself.

I don't have the technology yet either but my Daughter has had one since they came out. Simply think of it as hi-volume memory stick with a player attached to it. The really slick deal is getting the trans-ceiver that allows you to play the player over a specific FM frequency. Sounds dynomite in any car with a good sound system. Soon to make the plunge myself.

They are awesome, aren't they?

I swear, once you take the plunge, you'll wonder how you lived without one.

VG - whats the current drive/memory size up to? I think my daughter has 20GB on hers. I've got about 25GB of music digitized and it would be very cool to have that all with me in my travels.

VG - whats the current drive/memory size up to? I think my daughter has 20GB on hers. I've got about 25GB of music digitized and it would be very cool to have that all with me in my travels.

NJ - there is a new one that has 30GB and also has photo capability. Check out Apple's website, it might help :D

NJ - there is a new one that has 30GB and also has photo capability. Check out Apple's website, it might help :D

Thanks GG - I did and they now have a 60GB - whoa - dats a lot of tunes!

• 1 month later...

It's kinda crummy that you don't get the same unit back when you send it in for battery replacement.

I guess that's better than their original trick, where they just said, "Too bad. Buy a new one" when the battery would no longer hold a charge.

I'm glad that portable music is no longer that important to me. I do like it in the car, however, and I'm considering buying a player I saw in Wal-Mart. You plug it into the 12V power port, then plug any USB flash drive into it. It plays through the radio. I wouldn't mind carrying a memory stick, or two, in the car instead of a few dozen CDs.

It's kinda crummy that you don't get the same unit back when you send it in for battery replacement.

I guess that's better than their original trick, where they just said, "Too bad. Buy a new one" when the battery would no longer hold a charge.

I'm glad that portable music is no longer that important to me. I do like it in the car, however, and I'm considering buying a player I saw in Wal-Mart. You plug it into the 12V power port, then plug any USB flash drive into it. It plays through the radio. I wouldn't mind carrying a memory stick, or two, in the car instead of a few dozen CDs.

As I was working the other day, somebody bought a newspaper and the front page headline caught my eye:

THEY KILLED FOR AN IPOD.

2 17 year olds killed a 15 year old in NYC for a freakin IPod. Now I'm 17 and I don't have an IPod because I think they're a waste. What do you need them for? If you have a car you play the CDs or Radio and if you don't who the hell listens to music when they are walking around with their friends around town(s)? Nobody I know, they're pointless.

Kids were killed for Air Jordan sneakers back in the day. They were killed for 8-Ball jackets back in the day. Ipods are just the next high-priced item that scumbags will kill you for. People in NYC are swapping out the white headphones for more generic ones so that folks wont know they have an Ipod and rob them.

I dont have one, but I can see how they're good for commuting on the subway/train for work. Or for working out. Though couldnt you get other MP3 players for much less money?

As I was working the other day, somebody bought a newspaper and the front page headline caught my eye:

THEY KILLED FOR AN IPOD.

2 17 year olds killed a 15 year old in NYC for a freakin IPod. Now I'm 17 and I don't have an IPod because I think they're a waste. What do you need them for? If you have a car you play the CDs or Radio and if you don't who the hell listens to music when they are walking around with their friends around town(s)? Nobody I know, they're pointless.

Times I listen to my IPod...

--When walking around town, or riding my bike.

--When playing poker

--When on a different computer that isn't mine.

--When riding home on the bus

--While at the gym

--When I'm waiting for a class to start.

I don't have an IPod because I think they're a waste. What do you need them for? If you have a car you play the CDs or Radio and if you don't who the hell listens to music when they are walking around with their friends around town(s)? Nobody I know, they're pointless.

You obviously don't workout 124.

I use my ipod religiously. Especially with the crap they call music at my gym. BEST MONEY EVER SPENT.

im with verde. i LOVE that toy. ive got a mini and i have about 40 cds on it with room for more. a great invention, great sound i just love it

YES you can import windows media files into it

YES you can even take your library FROM ipod TO the pc if it crashed as well.

i paid 50 bucks for a rare extended service thing which will get me a new ipod in the next 2 years if this doesnt work. so in 2 years even if its fine, im telling them it doesnt do this or that blah b;lah and i gets a new one. also, in 2 years these ipods are really going to get cheap anyway

im with verde. i LOVE that toy. ive got a mini and i have about 40 cds on it with room for more. a great invention, great sound i just love it

YES you can import windows media files into it

YES you can even take your library FROM ipod TO the pc if it crashed as well.

i paid 50 bucks for a rare extended service thing which will get me a new ipod in the next 2 years if this doesnt work. so in 2 years even if its fine, im telling them it doesnt do this or that blah b;lah and i gets a new one. also, in 2 years these ipods are really going to get cheap anyway

they are worthless?

ok here are a few pluses:

1. you go on vacation. you drag your big fat cd storage case with you. NO MORE

2. you dont have to change media.

3. you have the shuffle feature. its like listening to the best commercial free radio station which has only your cd's. if you dont like a song, just hit next.

what more can u ask for?

they are worthless?

ok here are a few pluses:

1. you go on vacation. you drag your big fat cd storage case with you. NO MORE

2. you dont have to change media.

3. you have the shuffle feature. its like listening to the best commercial free radio station which has only your cd's. if you dont like a song, just hit next.

what more can u ask for?

No need for an ipod. I bought a large sd memory card for my pocket pc. Just put all my music on that. Got tired of carrying so many devices...

get a pocket pc phone and make it only 1... if it's a verizon model that gets on their EVDO netowrkm you might be able to all but lose your laptop, too.

Archived