Round One to the Mets

Bob

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinson Cano REALLY needs to stop swinging at the **** he does. I know it's "his style" but seriously, let's teach the kid how to pick and choose. Jesus Christ.

Yeah it's Cano's falut, not the black hole of Phelps Cairo and Melky or and the lack of ANYONE to pinch hit with because of Cashman's inept attempt to try to build a bench.

Yeah it's Cano's falut, not the black hole of Phelps Cairo and Melky or and the lack of ANYONE to pinch hit with because of Cashman's inept attempt to try to build a bench.

Did I say it was all Cano's fault? No. I did not. But he sucked tonight.

Stop trying to take every comment and make one of your world famous FO bashing points with it.

When everyone is healthy the bench is not bad. We had Johnny Damon left on the bench tonight. They will get depth in the coming months.

LOL @ NOT BAD.

Maybe if cashman hadn't dropped the ball to such an extent this offseason they wouldn't be 8.5 games back and 1 game over 500 in June.

When Cashman punted roster spots with the likes of Miguel "Useless" Cairo Doug Minetgarbage and Will "300 OPS" Nieves I was here telling the truth about every one of them and people called me crazy. I mean we have enough offense right? We can afford to punt roster spots.

Yep. The 8.5 game deficit is due to the lack of bench players. Whatever makes you happy, mikemad.

When you have GARBAGE like Cairo, Meintgarbage, Melky and Nieves taking AB's and costing you runs that costs you games. Period.

Not to mention how AWFULLY prepared they were for the Giambi and Damon injuries.

When Cashman punted roster spots with the likes of Miguel "Useless" Cairo Doug Minetgarbage and Will "300 OPS" Nieves I was here telling the truth about every one of them and people called me crazy. I mean we have enough offense right? We can afford to punt roster spots.

Wil "300 OPS" Nieves

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

mikemad has created a new nickname for the Bombers' backup catcher. I look forward to watching it stick :character42:

Anyway, I will not be sidetracked by mike mad any longer

Seriously

I'm over the loss now but i was pretty mad before. But when you look at it, Perez was the type of pitcher that could give us problems tonight. Not a big deal. We'll tee up on Old Man Tom tomorrow and start a new streak. Furthermore I'm encouraged that the pitching was good again tonight for us.

Did you know the yankees are 6-19 in 1 and 2 run games. One player can change those type of games and the yankees are playing HORRIBLE players. If you repaced that refuse with league avg players they would've won at least some of those games. So if they miss the playoffs by 2-3 games you know who to blame.

Did you know the yankees are 6-19 in 1 and 2 run games. One player can change those type of games and the yankees are playing HORRIBLE players. If you repaced that refuse with league avg players they would've won at least some of those games. So if they miss the playoffs by 2-3 games you know who to blame.

You and your obvious anger issues for creating bad karma.:character42:

All legit points, although those 1 run losses are also due to having pitching problems early on.

So who do you want the yankees to go after Mike? Helton would be a big time addition, only he has 4 more years at big time money remaining on his contract. So thats a problem.

All legit points, although those 1 run losses are also due to having pitching problems early on.

So who do you want the yankees to go after Mike? Helton would be a big time addition, only he has 4 more years at big time money remaining on his contract. So thats a problem.

Mike Mad never really offers constructive solutions to problems... he more or less critiques and nit picks any FO move or people's opinions on what should be done.

Mike Mad never really offers constructive solutions to problems... he more or less critiques and nit picks any FO move or people's opinions on what should be done.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he comes up with some players he thinks we should go after. I'm not trying to bait mike, I think he's alittle misunderstood at times but he can bring it upon himself too.

The Phelps-Cairo-Melky trio 8-1 in the lineup hurt us big time tonight. Perez was wild early and we let him off the hook.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he comes up with some players he thinks we should go after. I'm not trying to bait mike, I think he's alittle misunderstood at times but he can bring it upon himself too.

The Phelps-Cairo-Melky trio 8-1 in the lineup hurt us big time tonight. Perez was wild early and we let him off the hook.

He's mad.

Anyway, those weren't the only guys that didn't hit. Cano was godawful tonight. Abreu and A-Rod didn't do anything either. Cairo and Melk have been great the past week so we'll let them slide for tonight.

There you again with the caps. HORRIBLE.

I have no idea whos on the market or what it would take the get them so I'm not going to pretend I do. There is no way they should be taking on Helton's contract though.

Dimtri Young, Helton(when is money a issue in NY?) Dunn maybe but that means he needs to play 1B.....Texeira if they have enough prospects.

I say since you will have to overpay ARod and both MO and JORGE this off season AND probably add a SP you should go with Young as he will be the cheapest.

Carlos Pena who actually plays great defense along with a good power and average bat after years of unfullfilled potential would be a great choice as well.

This team roster wise is a little bit like the 96-00 teams that needed to add a Chili Davis, Cecil Fielder, Strawberry type etc to get them over the hump. The bullpen obviously is nowhere near as good but offensively some of these bats I mention would change the way the line-up rolls over.

Back on topic...lets congrats the Mets on out pitching, baserunning and defensing the Bombers last night.

The yankees helped out perez tonight big time. That was a HORRIBLE display of hitting.

hahha

classic sore loser mike

maybe, just maybe, it was good pitching shutting down good hitters,, they didnt HELP him out, he shut them down,,it happens,,when Yanks lose , its not ALWAYS they HELPED the winning team

you are a hoot

barred_owl.jpg

hahha

classic sore loser mike

maybe, just maybe, it was good pitching shutting down good hitters,, they didnt HELP him out, he shut them down,,it happens,,when Yanks lose , its not ALWAYS they HELPED the winning team

you are a hoot

barred_owl.jpg

I agree. This is common in all sports though, not just baseball. Sometimes the other guy does something right. And you lose as a result.

It is always the offense was terrible when the team scored 10 points. Never -- wow that defense was great.

hahha

classic sore loser mike

you are a hoot

barred_owl.jpg

Was he such a good pitcher when he got BOMBED his last few starts? The yankees helped him out by swinging at a million pitches out of the strike zone and that fact that their 8 9 and 1 hitters were automatic outs with men on.

Archived