Round One to the Mets

Bob

Was he such a good pitcher when he got BOMBED his last few starts? The yankees helped him out by swinging at a million pitches out of the strike zone and that fact that their 8 9 and 1 hitters were automatic outs with men on.

Every team in baseball have players who are 'automatic outs'.

Yankee fans have been spoiled for years.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dimtri Young, Helton(when is money a issue in NY?) Dunn maybe but that means he needs to play 1B.....Texeira if they have enough prospects.

I say since you will have to overpay ARod and both MO and JORGE this off season AND probably add a SP you should go with Young as he will be the cheapest.

Carlos Pena who actually plays great defense along with a good power and average bat after years of unfullfilled potential would be a great choice as well.

This team roster wise is a little bit like the 96-00 teams that needed to add a Chili Davis, Cecil Fielder, Strawberry type etc to get them over the hump. The bullpen obviously is nowhere near as good but offensively some of these bats I mention would change the way the line-up rolls over.

Back on topic...lets congrats the Mets on out pitching, baserunning and defensing the Bombers last night.

I doubt we go after Teixeira because it will cost Chamberlain and Tabata at the very least and thats too much to give up (nor will Cashman do it) for him despite him being a perfect 3 hole hitter and a great 1st baseman.

Carlos Pena was a huge prospect with the rangers IIRC, and then he sucked with Detroit and the Yankees actually had him in the minors last year! He asked for a release and they granted it and now he is tearing it up for Tampa Bay :shock: . And they're impossible to deal with so I doubt we'd be able to get him too.

Not a fan of Dimitri Young at all, but he IS a good player so maybe he'd be something to consider. Not too good of a glove but a solid hitter.

Carlos Pena was a huge prospect with the rangers IIRC, and then he sucked with Detroit and the Yankees actually had him in the minors last year!

He was on the Sox last year. Had 33 at bats, I think.

Was he such a good pitcher when he got BOMBED his last few starts? The yankees helped him out by swinging at a million pitches out of the strike zone and that fact that their 8 9 and 1 hitters were automatic outs with men on.

Perez has always been like that. Just because he bombs one night doesn't mean he won't come back his next start and dominate.

Anyway, how's Nieve's game calling ability? The backup catcher usually isn't the first guy you go to on the bench, that would be a more important thing to look at.

Are the yankees still one of the only if not the only AL team to have 13 pitchers on the roster? Maybe at the deadline you can make a deal with the Buccos for Jose Hernandez. "Jose K" for "$800 K" how about it?

Perez has always been like that. Just because he bombs one night doesn't mean he won't come back his next start and dominate.

Anyway, how's Nieve's game calling ability? The backup catcher usually isn't the first guy you go to on the bench, that would be a more important thing to look at.

Are the yankees still one of the only if not the only AL team to have 13 pitchers on the roster? Maybe at the deadline you can make a deal with the Buccos for Jose Hernandez. "Jose K" for "$800 K" how about it?

Perez was ALL OVER the place and the yankees helped him out many times by not taking walks and swinging at awful p itches ahead in the count and when they had runners on the guys who were up where the automatic outs.

Perez was ALL OVER the place and the yankees helped him out many times by not taking walks and swinging at awful p itches ahead in the count and when they had runners on the guys who were up where the automatic outs.

His stuff is good enough to get hitters to make mistakes, but I didn't see the game so I'll take your word for it.

How about the rest of my post? :P

His stuff is good enough to get hitters to make mistakes, but I didn't see the game so I'll take your word for it.

How about the rest of my post? :P

Nieves is the worst hitter in the majors. It doesn't matter how well he handles the pitchers.

As for Hernandez he's just as bad as the crap the yankees are playing now...

Nieves is the worst hitter in the majors. It doesn't matter how well he handles the pitchers.

As for Hernandez he's just as bad as the crap the yankees are playing now...

He can't be worse than Coco Crisp or Julio Lugo.

I don't believe it.

I'm sorry but Reyes dancing down the line and jumping up and down at 3rd base is complete bush league.

If that fat piece of crap behind home plate didn't completely fall asleep and then call a balk because of his mistake Reyes is stranded at 3rd.

You're either being sarcastic or know nothing about baseball.

That run was on Posada getting rattled.

I'm kidding, mostly. Its not bush league per say, but if I was the pitcher and I saw him doing that sh#t I'd beam him his next time up (its not like Clip can get him out today anyways)

I'm kidding, mostly. Its not bush league per say, but if I was the pitcher and I saw him doing that sh#t I'd beam him his next time up (its not like Clip can get him out today anyways)

Other than ARod he is the player most capable of taking over a game or two in this series.

Man, I don't wanna jinx anything.... but the bullpen has (and I'm sure it's a result of the length our starters have given lately) been fantastic lately

Yeah I thought we were gonna touch up Proctor but we're just not clicking at the plate.

Looks to be a good W for you today in a game that favored us. Wang will be a tough task tomorrow night.

Beltran is almost as useless as Delgado right now....Gomez and Reyes fight Mariano with excellent long AB's and get hits, Beltran pops out to Posada on the 1st pitch??? Reyes batted righty to avoid getting jammed by the cutter, Beltran gets jammed by the cutter on the 1st pitch...DOOOOOOOSH!!! ok, I'm done....back to the molson! :beer:

the rubber match tomorrow night should be a good pitchers duel between Wang & El Duque.

I was at the game today and boy was it a great game. I was sitting literally in the highest row of the tier, row X for those who are interested. :) They were still good seats though and I had a great view of A-Rod's moonshot that nearly flew over the Mets bullpen. Not a good day for Clippard but the bullpen pitched solidly to hold the lead.

There was also some douchebag Sox fan in the section near me and he and a Mets fan got into a shouting match and when people realized he was wearing one of those ugly hats with a 'B' on it we all started chanting Boston Sucks and a$$hole. And believe me it wasn't just Yankee fans. Everybody hates Boston. :P

There was also some douchebag Sox fan in the section near me and he and a Mets fan got into a shouting match and when people realized he was wearing one of those ugly hats with a 'B' on it we all started chanting Boston Sucks and a$$hole. And believe me it wasn't just Yankee fans. Everybody hates Boston. :P

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha nice

Archived