All this negative talk about J.Vilma... I'm LMAO

He is the leader of this D as the ILB in a brand new 3-4... He is a great LB. He has speed, quickness, smarts, leadership quality written all over him, and has the hunger to be a great LB. Just go ask R.Lewis how it is being a LB in the 3-4 without a ture NT. Or how about Kimo on the D-Line next to Robertson who is just above average for a NT, if that. Who is the one taking on the blocks to free up Vilma? Because I know it wasnt Kimo or Robertson... BTW, last season as far as tackles and assists go... Vilma led the Jets on D number wise. This year with D.Harris along side, I look for Vilma to have a great season.

I guess everyone else would love for Vilma to be another LB on the Patriots, im sure he will suck thier aswell.

He is the leader of this D as the ILB in a brand new 3-4... He is a great LB. He has speed, quickness, smarts, leadership quality written all over him, and has the hunger to be a great LB. Just go ask R.Lewis how it is being a LB in the 3-4 without a ture NT. Or how about Kimo on the D-Line next to Robertson who is just above average for a NT, if that. Who is the one taking on the blocks to free up Vilma? Because I know it wasnt Kimo or Robertson... BTW, last season as far as tackles and assists go... Vilma led the Jets on D number wise. This year with D.Harris along side, I look for Vilma to have a great season.

I guess everyone else would love for Vilma to be another LB on the Patriots, im sure he will suck thier aswell.

I agree with you. Too many are down on VILMA and not DROB for failing to adequately protect him at times last year. Even Ray Lewis went into the tank when Siragusa & Adams left. Then along came NGATA and he was back to normal again! Vilma will too if he gets adequate protection and can roam sideline to sideline.

Vilma's future with the Jets may very well be determined on his play this season, whether you like it or not. In a 43, Vilma has proven he can and will be an All-Pro. In the 34? So far he has proven to be nothing more then, at best, average.

I agree with you. Too many are down on VILMA and not DROB for failing to adequately protect him at times last year. Even Ray Lewis went into the tank when Siragusa & Adams left. Then along came NGATA and he was back to normal again! Vilma will too if he gets adequate protection and can roam sideline to sideline.

RIght on... Someone who understand the game of fottball and looks behind the "Stats". As a MLB in the 3-4, honestly Vilma is what he is. A Playmaker, playing behind a Line that could not make plays... Robertson did at times, but for the most part he was D-Slob... And Kimo... No Comment.

RIght on... Someone who understand the game of fottball and looks behind the "Stats". As a MLB in the 3-4, honestly Vilma is what he is. A Playmaker, playing behind a Line that could not make plays... Robertson did at times, but for the most part he was D-Slob... And Kimo... No Comment.

Why do you always try to come off as a football god? At least type it with the correct grammar and spelling if your trying to bash people...

Vilma has a lot to prove this year... he is a great player and has potential... but his size is not ideal for the position so it remains to be seen whether he cna play in the 3-4 or not...

Why do you always try to come off as a football god? At least type it with the correct grammar and spelling if your trying to bash people...

Vilma has a lot to prove this year... he is a great player and has potential... but his size is not ideal for the position so it remains to be seen whether he cna play in the 3-4 or not...

Wow... I should have typed "Understands" instead of "Understand" Or... Typed in "Football" Instead of "Fottball"... I just type, i dont sit, stare, read my post more than 1 time, i just type... WOW... A TYPO...

And act like a football god? Yea ok... I just know the reason(s) behind Vilmas season last year where he did not produce HOF numbers.

Wow... I should have typed "Understands" instead of "Understand" Or... Typed in "Football" Instead of "Fottball"... I just type, i dont sit, stare, read my post more than 1 time, i just type... WOW... A TYPO...

And act like a football god? Yea ok... I just know the reason(s) behind Vilmas season last year where he did not produce HOF numbers.

When your TRYING to bash other posters... usually its a good idea no to litter your post with typos...

anyways...

Your so full of yourself... "I know this" "I know that"... blah blah blah... everyone else is wrong...

I am one of if not the biggest homer on this board... I LOVE Vilma and even I know there is a chance he might not be here...

Your basically saying that you know more than the DOZENS of paid professionals that actually do know more about football than you... its not your opinions that I dont like... its the way you try to act as if they are the truth and everyone else is stupid... get over yourself...

When your TRYING to bash other posters... usually its a good idea no to litter your post with typos...

anyways...

Your so full of yourself... "I know this" "I know that"... blah blah blah... everyone else is wrong...

I am one of if not the biggest homer on this board... I LOVE Vilma and even I know there is a chance he might not be here...

Your basically saying that you know more than the DOZENS of paid professionals that actually do know more about football than you... its not your opinions that I dont like... its the way you try to act as if they are the truth and everyone else is stupid... get over yourself...

Im not all over myself, if anything im all over my girl at night;) And I dont think i know everything, i know I dont know everything... But I do know that Vilma is one of the best Jet defensive players when it comes to playing the game of football and being a leader. And I dont see Mangini letting him walk to another team, if anything Mangini will make him an outside LB before anything else. And bashing other posters? I have never bashed you or anyone else on this board

Im not all over myself, if anything im all over my girl at night;) And I dont think i know everything, i know I dont know everything... But I do know that Vilma is one of the best Jet defensive players when it comes to playing the game of football and being a leader. And I dont see Mangini letting him walk to another team, if anything Mangini will make him an outside LB before anything else. And bashing other posters? I have never bashed you or anyone else on this board

You basically implied that I dont know anything about football...

Also you need to study up on the 3-4 defense... Vilma is more the size of a SS than he is an OLB...

haven't you noticed the JETS are turning former DE's into OLBs?? You need to be BIG to be an OLB in the 3-4...

Stop trying to argue with me ... its a simple fact that Vilma struggled with the 3-4... and also its a simple fact that he is way to small to play OLB...

If YOU'RE going to bash someone's grammar, do so by writing a sentence that is grammatically correct. ;)

Im not trying to bash him... Im just befuddled by his position on this situation... :)

Listen ECurb I like you alot, and I dont wann argue with you about this anymore. Actually your one of the best posters on JN and in my eyes you kicked the shiit outa Barton in the Pennington-Kellen debate, and I wanna step down before you kick the shiit outa me in this Vilma debate... You win.

But I still feel Vilma is going to have a great season next year with Kimo off of the D-Line and playing alongside another explosive LB in Harris who CAN TAKE UP some blocks. And Robertson was coming around last season, so maybe he can help Vilma out alot.

Listen ECurb I like you alot, and I dont wann argue with you about this anymore. Actually your one of the best posters on JN and in my eyes you kicked the shiit outa Barton in the Pennington-Kellen debate, and I wanna step down before you kick the shiit outa me in this Vilma debate... You win.

But I still feel Vilma is going to have a great season next year with Kimo off of the D-Line and playing alongside another explosive LB in Harris who CAN TAKE UP some blocks. And Robertson was coming around last season, so maybe he can help Vilma out alot.

I think Vilma will have a good year too, but his status with the JETS in the future is uncertain... its ashame... I love the guy but he needs to improve his play in the 3-4...

The problem with Vilma is that he can't shed a block. Most of his tackles were 4-6 yards down the field. That's a huge problem for a 3-4 ILB.

Check out the Jets Highlight Video thread. He states that Leon Washington is going to be a better back than Laurence Maroney & Reggie Bush.

Leon is way more explosive than Maroney... And in my eyes is going to be a better back. Leon almost had 1,000 yards and only started not even half of the games. And Reggie is more a WR than a Rb if you ask me. As a runner, Leon will have a better career, thats how I feel... I never said he was BETTER THAN REGGIE, I said as a Runner he will have a better career.

The argument about Robertson not being a true 34 NT can only be taken so far, Vilma just flat out played like an average linebacker last season and if he does it again, this off-season there will be a 10x bigger chance that he will be shipped off. Someone in the Jets' organization had to have slipped and said something about a possible Vilma for Portis deal, so you know that they are already thinking about it, even if that trade was never even close to occuring.

If Vilma is traded to a team that will run the 43, he will shine and be a yearly Pro Bowl invitee. In the 34? It looks as if, unless he can prove otherwise this season, that he will be nothing more than average and the Jets will not be willing to give him a new deal after his rookie contract expires after the 2008 season.

This guy is seriously annoying.

Believe me I feel the same way about you, if not 10 times more.

Anyone who goes into a debate about how Kellen should start over Chad is annoying...

Look at what Vince, Cutler, and Matt all did as rookies? What did Kellen do? Sit on the bench. And yea I know Chad sat on the Bench for acouple of seasons, but Kellen is not Chad. If Kellen was so great he would be starting next season. He was not even great in the NCAA.

Leon is way more explosive than Maroney... And in my eyes is going to be a better back. Leon almost had 1,000 yards and only started not even half of the games. And Reggie is more a WR than a Rb if you ask me. As a runner, Leon will have a better career, thats how I feel... I never said he was BETTER THAN REGGIE, I said as a Runner he will have a better career.

650 yards is not "almost 1,000" its almost 700...

Also... he played in all 16 games and lost starts to the likes of Barlow and Blaylock...

Bush had more carries last year than Washington and Maroney had 20 more carries than Bush but missed 2 games.

Leon looks like a great 3rd down back but will never carry the load.

Lets look at total TD's last year:

Maroney: 7: 6 Rush, 1 Receiving

Bush: 8: 6 Rush, 2 Receiving

Washington: 4 Rush, 0 Receiving

Where was Barlow and Blaylock at the end of the season?

They brought in Thomas Jones to start now... Leon will not sniff a start if Jones is healthy... not exactly putting faith in him being the starter by bringing in a starting RB...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Ravens switch back to the 4-3? Granted Ngata played a part in Ray Lewis' resurgance, but, if I'm right, he's never shown he's the same in the 3-4 either.

Vilma is just too small, and we're not going to change the entire system just to suit one player. I think Vilma will be better than he has been, but he's never going to reach his full potential in the 3-4, and whether we get rid of him or not, I can see him leave to go to a team that plays the 4-3. I'd probably do the same if I was in his shoes myself. The dude wants to win and wants to do well, that much is obvious.

They brought in Thomas Jones to start now... Leon will not sniff a start if Jones is healthy... not exactly putting faith in him being the starter by bringing in a starting RB...

Exactly. Washington is going to be an excellent 3rd down back.

IMO: He is going to be just as good or even better as Kevin Faulk in that role.

Also... he played in all 16 games and lost starts to the likes of Barlow and Blaylock...

Week 1 Vs the Tittans= 0 Carrys... He did not play in "All 16 games"

Week 2 Vs the Patriots=1 Carry... So yea, I guess you can say he "Played" that game

Week 3 Vs the Bills= 7 Carrys...

Thats 8 freaking carrys in 3 games. Total up the numbers for Maroney and Reggie thoughout the first 3 games... I bet its way more than 8

Week 4 Vs the Colts= 9 carrys

Week 5 Vs the Jags= 21 Carrys for 101 yards. Dont tell me he is only a 3rd down back. Give him the ball and watch him run for yards.

Week 6 Vs the Phins= 11 for 58, Barlow had 13 for 48

Week 7 Vs the Lions= 20 for 129... Give him the ball and watch him run for yards.

Week 8 Vs the Browns= 15 for 51

Week 10 Vs the Pats= 9 carrys

Week 11 Vs the Bears= 13 carrys

Week 12 Vs the Texans= 5 Carrys

Week 13 Vs the packers= 7 carrys

Week 14 Vs the Bills= 14 carrys

Week 15 Vs the Vikings= 3 carrys

Week 16 Vs the Phins= 6 carrys.... 4 catches for 108

Week 17 Vs the Raiders... Cant find the stats.

Leon Washington...151 carrys for 650 yards with an Average of 4.3

Kevin Barlow...131 carrys for 370 yards with an average of 2.8

So please dont say Barlows name with Washingtons... EVER.

REGGIE BUSH....

151 Carrys for 565 yards... More Carrys than Leon... With less Yards... HMM??? With an avg of only 3.6 and a long of only 18? Yea I would say Leon out ran him as a running back... MY POINT EXACTLY.

Thats not a knock on Leon... We just went after a running back that help lead the Bears O to the superbowl. Its called upgrading your team. And Leon is going to do great behind Thomas Jones. Much better than what Reggie did behind McCalister.

Oh Yea... Leon was running behind 2 rookies on the O-Line.

Vilma's future with the Jets may very well be determined on his play this season, whether you like it or not. In a 43, Vilma has proven he can and will be an All-Pro. In the 34? So far he has proven to be nothing more then, at best, average.

I couldn't agree more.

well, if you add in the 270 receiving yards, he gained a TOTAL of approxamitely 920 yards on offense. He also returned some punts on special teams but I don't count that.

well, if you add in the 270 receiving yards, he gained a TOTAL of approxamitely 920 yards on offense. He also returned some punts on special teams but I don't count that.

DefenseWinsChampionships point is that Washington will be a better RB than Maroney and Bush.

If you add in Maroney's or Bush's receiving yards they still beat Washington. Not to mention kick/punt return yards.

DefenseWinsChampionships point is that Washington will be a better RB than Maroney and Bush.

If you add in Maroney's or Bush's receiving yards they still beat Washington. Not to mention kick/punt return yards.

Like I said... Leon is a better RUNNINGBACK than Reggie. Never said he was a better PLAYER.

Here...

Leon Washington...151 attempts for 650 yards with an Average of 4.3, long of 23

REGGIE BUSH.... 155 attempts for 565 yards with an average of only 3.6, long of 18

I guess Reggie was a better Runner... Yea ok.

Like I said... Leon is a better RUNNINGBACK than Reggie. Never said he was a better PLAYER.

Here...

Leon Washington...151 attempts for 650 yards with an Average of 4.3, long of 23

REGGIE BUSH.... 155 attempts for 565 yards with an average of only 3.6, long of 18

I guess Reggie was a better Runner... Yea ok.

Whatever mate.

I would love to know how many yards Leon picked up on draw plays as opposed to between the tackles.

Archived