Pat Neshek needs your HELP!!!!

NYJETS3233

You are the one who posted links that didn't say the things you said they did but apparently I'VE been proved wrong LOL.

I'm sorry. Neshek has given up HR's (2 of those lost the game) so he is much better than Okajima.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neshek doesn't need help as the thread suggests but you do.

You have been smoked in the Reyes and Neshek threads but remain infantile on the matter. All players discussed in both threads are good but you simply made bogus statements and were statistically (your passion BTW) proved wrong.

Edit: I'm sorry. You're 100% right about the close and late stat. Okajima has faced more hitters in that situation. i was reading the BR page wrong and I apologize. I was right about the other splits though.

Edit: I'm sorry. You're 100% right about the close and late stat. Okajima has faced more hitters in that situation. i was reading the BR page wrong and I apologize. I was right about the other splits though.

That wasn't so hard now was it? What other splits? The entire premise of your argument with Gainzo was that Okajima was given easier situations to pitch in. For 10 pages we tried to tell you that was incorrect and showed you the stats yet you insisted otherwise.

Neshek could have a better split during a full moon for all I care but in close and late inning pressure the stat that is most important is ERA ....not giving up bombs.....not allowing runs to score. Okajima clearly wins that stat while haveing pitched in that situation more often than Neshek thus crushing the feeble statement that he is given easier oppurtunities.

That wasn't so hard now was it? What other splits? The entire premise of your argument with Gainzo was that Okajima was given easier situations to pitch in. For 10 pages we tried to tell you that was incorrect and showed you the stats yet you insisted otherwise.

Neshek could have a better split during a full moon for all I care but in close and late inning pressure the stat that is most important is ERA ....not giving up bombs.....not allowing runs to score. Okajima clearly wins that stat while haveing pitched in that situation more often than Neshek thus crushing the feeble statement that he is given easier oppurtunities.

What I said is still true. Okajima comes the vast majority of the time to start an inning whereas Neshek comes in with runners on all the time.

up until today neshek had the better numbers (ERA, whip, ERA+)

but okajima pitches under more pressure than in dinky old minnesota

its a wash to me

???

Okajima has had a lower ERA since the middle of April

Okajima has 4 more saves

Okijima gave up 5 more hits

Neshek gave up 4 more runs and 4 more HR

Okajima played 38 games pitching 41 innings

Neshek played 40 games pitching 41-1/3 innings

Neshek walked 3 more hitters while having a 14 K lead

Okajima is 2-0 vs. Neshek 3-1

Okajima has a better GO/AO ratio(.77) and opp. SLG(.52)

Neshek has a better WHIP(.05) and OBA(.008)

Okajima has 5 more holds

Neshek only faced 1 more batter

Overall, while both are close Okajima looks like the better pitcher

Archived