Wait a minute I thought the Pats fans said....

SoFlaJets

that Corey Dillon was done....

Dolphins | Dillon interested in team

Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:41:58 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports unrestricted free-agent RB Corey Dillon (Patriots) is interested in the Miami Dolphins, but the Dolphins have not contacted him as of yet.

I'm just trying to understand how and where they expect to get the production they got from him last year-surely not Noodle-Roney-Sammy Morris maybe?Oh wait I know Troy Brown...

It's the one factor all the pundits who are predicting another super bowl for New England fail to recognize-the Jets NOT THE PATRIOTS have the best running attack in the division now, which will make Chad even more effective

I'm just trying to understand how and where they expect to get the production they got from him last year-surely not Noodle-Roney-Sammy Morris maybe?Oh wait I know Troy Brown...

It's the one factor all the pundits who are predicting another super bowl for New England fail to recognize-the Jets NOT THE PATRIOTS have the best running attack in the division now, which will make Chad even more effective

1) Dillon was clearly on the downside of his pro-life last season. Can he eek out another year or two? Probably. Playing behind a young buck.

2) The Jets are clearly the favorites to win the SB since they have Thomas/and third down back, Washington. Scary stuff right there. I mean, if the run game is going to make Chad better - watch out! As if there was any room for improvement to begin with! :P

3) If the Pats were successful with A. Smith/Kevin Faulk - Noodle-Roney/Morris/Faulk should be alright....plus, in case you haven't noticed, they have an impressive stable of wide-outs in the fold. All they need is an okay run game/ the threat of a good run game - and they should be fine. It would not shock me if the pass game became the run game - see 2001. Lets just hope Josh McDaniels spent a lot of time with Charlie Weiss this off-season. ;)

Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will do a fine job when they're needed. Laurence Maroney will be able to take the rock 20+ times a game, if he can stay healthy, and still be very productive. Does he have injury questions? Yes. But Corey Dillion is not going to be the deciding factor to whether this Patriots team rises back up to a Super Bowl Champion or falls down. Morris and Faulk will do a fine job.

The only time the Patriots will be in trouble in the running game department is if Maroney is injuried to a point where he cannot play. If that is the case, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk would present the worst backfield in the AFC East.

Do the Jets have the best Running Back tandem? Yes. No question about it. Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are the best 1-2 punch in the division. However, New England beats out the Jets in the Offensive Line, Quarterback, Tight End and Wide Receiver departments. LC and JC are a great starting duo, but so is Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker beats out any Jet #3, 4 or 5 WR.

2) The Jets are clearly the favorites to win the SB since they have Thomas/and third down back, Washington. Scary stuff right there. I mean, if the run game is going to make Chad better - watch out! As if there was any room for improvement to begin with! :P

Finally, A chick who actually knows her sports!! Nice job Garb!!;)

Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will do a fine job when they're needed. Laurence Maroney will be able to take the rock 20+ times a game, if he can stay healthy, and still be very productive. Does he have injury questions? Yes. But Corey Dillion is not going to be the deciding factor to whether this Patriots team rises back up to a Super Bowl Champion or falls down. Morris and Faulk will do a fine job.

The only time the Patriots will be in trouble in the running game department is if Maroney is injuried to a point where he cannot play. If that is the case, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk would present the worst backfield in the AFC East.

Do the Jets have the best Running Back tandem? Yes. No question about it. Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are the best 1-2 punch in the division. However, New England beats out the Jets in the Offensive Line, Quarterback, Tight End and Wide Receiver departments. LC and JC are a great starting duo, but so is Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker beats out any Jet #3, 4 or 5 WR.

Unfortunately 124, I think you are right on.

..plus, in case you haven't noticed, they have an impressive stable of wide-outs in the fold.

Yes, what an impressive stable. How many teams have Moss and Stallworth now played for between them, six? Funny, if I had a great and dependable thoroughbred, I'd keep him.

Can you say baggage? :)

Archived