Kason Gabbard...

Jet/BosoxFan

In the tradition of Mel Parnell and Spaceman Bill Lee, we have a groundball-inducing lefty that seems to enjoy the confines of Fenway. You have to love this guy's stuff so far. Unless fo course youre a JN Yankee homer, which of course means youre in complete denial of the UTTER FUTILITY OF THIS SEASON AND BEYOND. By all means, continue running off a batch to your insignificant running-up-the-scoreboard win over the tAAAmpAAA bAAAy.

Gabbard seems to have decent stuff...but really REALLY good composure. So much so that he has all but solidified himself in the rotation for now. He seems like the perfect soft-tosser to follow a hard thrower like Beckett or thrower of everything like Dice-K.

At the very least, it would be nice to keep in the rotation even if he regresses a bit if for no other reason than it would be nice to have our own Shawn Chacon/Aaron Small experience.

Okajima doesn't have a 2:1 GB/FB. Thats another reason I'm sure he won't keep this up.

I was talking about Gabbard. As far as Okajima, his delivery is his real weapon. You have been saying all season that Okajima would fall apart. And he hasn't. In huge situations. Of course, it is only late July.

I was talking about Gabbard. As far as Okajima, his delivery is his real weapon. You have been saying all season that Okajima would fall apart. And he hasn't. In huge situations. Of course, it is only late July.

Wow looks like you're right for once. The delivery is the main reason for his success because his stuff is mediocre at best. pitchers like that don't sustain a high level of performance over large sample sizes.

Archived