Player Interviews

Maxman

I disagree. Revis wants a 5 year deal while the Jets want a 6 year deal.

I think its actually that simple!

I can see him whining to his agent about what he perceives to be unfair stuff-what's one year? WHAAAA don't give in to them with Revis-same agent=same sticking point one year-I am listening to Sirius at camp G, and it would amaze you the stuff that Kendall is bitching about. Kendall was mistankenly put up in the rookie dorms and went nuts-saying I don't want to be here...he's gotta go

I can see him whining to his agent about what he perceives to be unfair stuff-what's one year? WHAAAA don't give in to them with Revis-same agent=same sticking point one year-I am listening to Sirius at camp G, and it would amaze you the stuff that Kendall is bitching about. Kendall was mistankenly put up in the rookie dorms and went nuts-saying I don't want to be here...he's gotta go

What makes you so sure it was a mistake, SFJ?

I think it was done intentionally, since there seems to be some bad blood flowing.

And for arguments sake, while I do think he should shut up and honor his contract, I am starting to believe him when he said they mentioned they would renogitiate the last year. Why else would he have signed a contract for a 40% pay cut in his last year? And if they now told him to bug off, I kinda understand why he'd be pissed with a 40% pay cut from last year.

Who wouldnt be upset at making 40% less than they did last year for doing the same job?

What makes you so sure it was a mistake, SFJ?

I think it was done intentionally, since there seems to be some bad blood flowing.

And for arguments sake, while I do think he should shut up and honor his contract, I am starting to believe him when he said they mentioned they would renogitiate the last year. Why else would he have signed a contract for a 40% pay cut in his last year? And if they now told him to bug off, I kinda understand why he'd be pissed with a 40% pay cut from last year.

Who wouldnt be upset at making 40% less than they did last year for doing the same job?

That wasn't my understanding of the situation. What I thought had happened was that Kendall took a 40% pay cut, but he got alot more money upfront when he renegotiated. Now he wants to keep that upfront money AND get the money he should have received originally.

Deon Branch signed a 6 year deal. He performed on the field and then held out and was ultimatley traded after the 5th year of his contract.

Kendall? He's a typical mass_hole!

That wasn't my understanding of the situation. What I thought had happened was that Kendall took a 40% pay cut, but he got alot more money upfront when he renegotiated. Now he wants to keep that upfront money AND get the money he should have received originally.

If that's the case, then he really is being greedy, and needs to STFU.

Since he has voiced how unhappy he is, his days here look to be numbered. I'm just hoping they can trade him for some value.

If that's the case, then he really is being greedy, and needs to STFU.

Since he has voiced how unhappy he is, his days here look to be numbered. I'm just hoping they can trade him for some value.

I just don't like the negativity he's bringing to the team right now JC-it has nothing to do with money to me and you,the fans, AND I can't help but believe it's affecting the Revis holdout

I just don't like the negativity he's bringing to the team right now JC-it has nothing to do with money to me and you,the fans, AND I can't help but believe it's affecting the Revis holdout

no kidding. you read it in the interview when he was talking about other players' reaction to his contract. them shaking their heads at him, or shrugging their shoulders.

You know damn well everyone in that locker room has an opinion on the matter, and the longer this whole mess lasts, the more intense their opinions are getting.

They have to end this before mangini loses control of this thing.

Why do you think this is affecting Revis?

Why do you think this is affecting Revis?

yup Ryno's right-same agent and I've been screaming this since the Kendall stuff first broke this past spring...I saw this coming and we need to have it rectified soon

I didn't know that Kendall and Revis had the same agent. Interesting.

I wouldn't worry too much about Revis though, he'll get signed. But you can bet that slimey worm (agent) is at least throwing the Pete saga in the Revis talks like daggers now and again.

Archived