Canton Predictions

Spudicus

Now I've been listening to Football Today, a podcast on ESPN, I don't know how many of you listen but that doesn't matter. Anyway yesterday and today they have been talking about an article on Page 2 on ESPN where it makes a prediction of future HOF'ers, a top 50 as it were, and here is the list.

1. Brett Favre

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Larry Allen

5. Ray Lewis

6. Richard Seymour

7. Jonathan Ogden

8. Marvin Harrison

9. LaDainian Tomlinson

10. Adam Vinatieri

11. Brian Urlacher

12. Orlando Pace

13. Michael Strahan

14. Junior Seau

15. Tony Gonzalez

16. Dwight Freeney

17. Champ Bailey

18. Derrick Brooks

19. Warren Sapp

20. Torry Holt

21. Shawne Merriman

22. John Lynch

23. Alan Faneca

24. Steve Hutchinson

25. Brian Dawkins

26. Walter Jones

27. Jason Taylor

28. Shaun Alexander

29. Julius Peppers

30. Antonio Gates

31. Troy Polamalu

32. Randy Moss

33. Ed Reed

34. Reggie Bush

35. Ty Law

36. Terrell Owens

37. Edgerrin James

38. Carson Palmer

39. Vince Young

40. Calvin Johnson

41. Matt Leinart

42. Rod Smith

43. Hines Ward

44. Chad Johnson

45. Lofa Tatupu

46. DeMarcus Ware

47. Larry Johnson

48. Steven Jackson

49. A.J. Hawk

50. Adrian Peterson

So as I listened yesterday and today something struck me, something seems to be missing on the list...so I kept listening as to who was on the bubble

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbubble

and still something was missing, then checked out a list of players who they think will never make it

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

No arguments there, but still something missing...so my fellow Jets fans, what do you think of this, considering who is on that list do you think anyone or anything is missing?

not one jet....are you ****ing kidding me, not even as a honorable mention but hes got calvin johnson and adrian peterson who havent played a down yet on this silly list. not to mention vince young.

I guess its hard to see when we have so little oustanding players on our team like Kerry Rhodes, Nick Mangold, Laveranues Coles, Jonathon Vilma, Ben Graham or Bryan Thomas.

not one jet....are you ****ing kidding me, not even as a honorable mention but hes got calvin johnson and adrian peterson who havent played a down yet on this silly list. not to mention vince young.

I guess its hard to see when we have so little oustanding players on our team like Kerry Rhodes, Nick Mangold, Laveranues Coles, Jonathon Vilma, Ben Graham or Bryan Thomas.

maybe Vilma could be on that list (considering calvin johnson and adrian peterson are)

but the only time those other guys are going to the HOF is as members of the public like you and I

Now I've been listening to Football Today, a podcast on ESPN, I don't know how many of you listen but that doesn't matter. Anyway yesterday and today they have been talking about an article on Page 2 on ESPN where it makes a prediction of future HOF'ers, a top 50 as it were, and here is the list.

1. Brett Favre

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Larry Allen

5. Ray Lewis

6. Richard Seymour

7. Jonathan Ogden

8. Marvin Harrison

9. LaDainian Tomlinson

10. Adam Vinatieri

11. Brian Urlacher

12. Orlando Pace

13. Michael Strahan

14. Junior Seau

15. Tony Gonzalez

16. Dwight Freeney

17. Champ Bailey

18. Derrick Brooks

19. Warren Sapp

20. Torry Holt

21. Shawne Merriman

22. John Lynch

23. Alan Faneca

24. Steve Hutchinson

25. Brian Dawkins

26. Walter Jones

27. Jason Taylor

28. Shaun Alexander

29. Julius Peppers

30. Antonio Gates

31. Troy Polamalu

32. Randy Moss

33. Ed Reed

34. Reggie Bush

35. Ty Law

36. Terrell Owens

37. Edgerrin James

38. Carson Palmer

39. Vince Young

40. Calvin Johnson

41. Matt Leinart

42. Rod Smith

43. Hines Ward

44. Chad Johnson

45. Lofa Tatupu

46. DeMarcus Ware

47. Larry Johnson

48. Steven Jackson

49. A.J. Hawk

50. Adrian Peterson

So as I listened yesterday and today something struck me, something seems to be missing on the list...so I kept listening as to who was on the bubble

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbubble

and still something was missing, then checked out a list of players who they think will never make it

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

No arguments there, but still something missing...so my fellow Jets fans, what do you think of this, considering who is on that list do you think anyone or anything is missing?

NO- 15. Tony Gonzalez 16. Dwight Freeney 21. Shawne Merriman(tad early yet, for a known cheater.) 34. Reggie Bush 35. Ty Law 37. Edgerrin James38. Carson Palmer39. Vince Young40. Calvin Johnson41. Matt Leinart 43. Hines Ward44. Chad Johnson45. Lofa Tatupu46. DeMarcus Ware47. Larry Johnson48. Steven Jackson49. A.J. Hawk50. Adrian Peterson

Spudicus Homerus Maximus.

This is exactly what ESPN wants.

They want us to debate and talk and argue.

How you can even guys who haven't even played a down in the NFL in this debate is mind boggling. Plus the fact that Eli Manning is even a part of this makes it even a bigger joke.

last time I checked ESPN doesn't decide who goes into Canton and who doesn't so this article means jack ****e. Besides, up to this point no Jet except the recently retired Curtis Martin has done anything that is hall of fame worthy.

Archived