Curtis vs Bettis

Blackout

John Clayton chose Bettis?

Okay, so then the obvious correct answer is Martin.

Just look at the stats. Its Martin all the way. Even all the great JN posters here who always love to dispute his lack of 1,500+ seasons and his YPC and such, Curtis owns Bettis in all of those catagories. Doesn't hurt that Curtis is also 4th all time and Bettis is 5th.

Bettis: 13 seasons

Martin: 11 seasons

Bettis: 3,479 attemps - 13,662 yards - 3.9 YPC - 91 TD

Martin: 3,518 attemps - 14,101 yards - 4.0 YPC - 90 TD

Passing Game:

Bettis: 200 receptions - 1,449 yards - 7.2 YPR - 3 TD

Martin: 484 receptions - 3,329 yards - 6.9 YPR - 10 TD

1,500+ yard seasons:

Bettis: 1

Martin: 2

1,000+ yard seasons:

Bettis: 8

Martin: 10

Rushing titles:

Better: 0

Martin: 1

BZ

Yes. That too.

There is no question that Curtis was a better back than Bettis. Of "Big Three", Marshall Faulk was the best just because he was a double threat with both his running ability and receiving skills. Curtis and Marshall are 1st ballot. Jerome? I guess we'll have to see, but I believe he would be eligible to go in before Curtis and Marshall since they both didn't retire, even they both didn't play in the '06 season, until this offseason. If all three are eligible at once, someone will get left out most likely.

Yes. That too.

There is no question that Curtis was a better back than Bettis. Of "Big Three", Marshall Faulk was the best just because he was a double threat with both his running ability and receiving skills. Curtis and Marshall are 1st ballot. Jerome? I guess we'll have to see, but I believe he would be eligible to go in before Curtis and Marshall since they both didn't retire, even they both didn't play in the '06 season, until this offseason. If all three are eligible at once, someone will get left out most likely.

You should also mention the bus had 3 TD's on three carries totaling 2 yards in 04. I'm sure he had more games just like that...damned TD vulture. Bus sucks.

It's a stupid comparison. That's like asking me, "Who is the better driver? Me, or the lazy and morbidly obese lady on her shopping scooter in the Supermarket?" I've never driven one of those scooters, but I'm sure I could ram her head on, knock her out of her seat, and make her get up through necessity. Next think you know, people will be throwing money at me as she runs screaming through the store, "It's a miracle! I can walk!"

EDIT: And I wasn't calling you stupid, blackout. Not my thing. Just seems like apples and oranges to me on a hot, stifling, and grumpy day. The Summer bites.

Curtins its much better then Betts!!! The number say too much Yeah! Betts have 1 ring of SB, but he have 1 (ONE) FUMBLE in that game, i think the Curtis isn't do that if was he! I guess not! Curtis have two things, i think the Betts doesn't! 1st: speed and cut moves. 2nd: strenght!!! Betts is bigger and strong, but he dont have the same speed of Martin!!!

Its this i think why the Curtis Martin are better then Betts!!! Don't you guys??

Curtins its much better then Betts!!! The number say too much Yeah! Betts have 1 ring of SB, but he have 1 (ONE) FUMBLE in that game, i think the Curtis isn't do that if was he! I guess not! Curtis have two things, i think the Betts doesn't! 1st: speed and cut moves. 2nd: strenght!!! Betts is bigger and strong, but he dont have the same speed of Martin!!!

Its this i think why the Curtis Martin are better then Betts!!! Don't you guys??

i seriously tried to read that. i mean i tried really hard, and i have absolutly no idea what it says.

i seriously tried to read that. i mean i tried really hard, and i have absolutly no idea what it says.

its still better than marko's posts. and this guy is legit too, just from Brazil so he's got a little language barrier. no problem tho, i can understand him.

Jetnation is not restricted to the US

except i hope we don't have any dirty Canadians posting here ;)

Curtis has the better stats in just about every category and is one of my favorite all time Jets.

But ask yourselves this: Your life depends on your team driving down the field and scoring a TD, which RB would you prefer on your team? I'm taking Bettis-he had alot more impact on individual games than Curtis ever did.

:rl: cut him some slack drago he is from brazil and stated before he is learning the Language and how the Message board works

alright alright, i'm sorry, i didn't catch that. If you want me to start typing in

Portuguese to make an arse out of myself i will. Sorry man. :bag:

It was actually a much more insane stat than that.

It was 3td's on 5 carries for 1 yard. Figure that one out.

was that the same game i'm talking about? i think it was, pretty lame if you ask me, the guy is on the inch line and they give it to bus, but parker was the one to get them down there...whatever...

Archived