The "Is there a D.R. in the House???" Edition of Post of the Week - August 16th, 2007

GreenBeans

Congratulations Mr.T and Co. - the Jets FINALLY have a D.R. in their house. Too bad it too 24 practices for it to happen, but at least the kid has a chance to learn some of the defense and get some reps in against the Vikings in a few days. I must admit, though, I am looking forward to reading Jetcane and T-Bird's accounts of the first time Revis is burned by Coles, Cotchery, or any of the other WR's currently on the roster. It happens to everyone sometime - welcome to the NFL, Mr. Revis.

Answering a question from one joewilly - "I wonder if you can do a search in the potw threads. there were quite a few if I remember". The answer is yes! Search for Post of the Week Edition and you will see most of them in there.

My favorite non-POTW NOM comments this week was "Yeah, they said you had to be a Jets fan to win POTW too." - Alk. Alk, of course, is the only non-Jets fan to win POTW. That comment was followed closely by "I'd just like to point out that my one and only nomination this week ended up being the winner. Obviously me and Beans think alike, and if there was ever an heir to the POTW thread throne, it is surely myself lol" - brettw4rd. Good stuff that was not nominated right there! Anyhow, on to the good stuff...

This week's nominations were:

----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

I leave for vacation in the morning

WOOOHOOO!!!

Originally Posted by MrsTaborJet

We know, we know. Jeez. Go!! You take over every thread with your birthday and vacation talk. Bye-bye. You have separation anxiety. You can't leave this place.

(Editor's Note: "Last thing I remember, I was - Running for the door, I had to find the passage back - To the place I was before,

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Mashed Falcon...is that a new nickname for Mike Vick's ass?

Originally Posted by Jetcane

It will be if this jury gets a hold of him.

MichaelVickJury.jpg

(Editor's Note: Mike Vick is in a lot of trouble - Ren is in the house! In other news, K-Y Jelly futures are up 250% with the impending jail time of...)

-----

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Let's hear it for the Jets Flight Crew!!!!

tushesgo0.jpg

(Editor's Note: The funniest part of this post is its name - try and figure out what I mean...)

-----

Topic: Adultery

Originally Posted by Kidhuman

So what is a hermaphrodite that cheats????

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Okay so the cheater is a coward and the one who cheats with them is a slut, male or female!

(Editor's Note: Well said, JFBM.)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

A lot of zip on those handoffs

zip3.gif

(Editor's Note: cliff_claven.jpg You know, Normie, I haven't seen ZIP like that since the good old days of confusion...)

-----

Topic: Hey 124....your boy is a HITTER

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

You see him make TWO tackles last night? he's bulked up and is not afraid of a scrap out there on KO returns

Originally Posted by 124

The Nuge would eat Kevin Gallagher for breakfest and then his parents for brunch.

(Editor's Note: I don't think Nuuuuuuge can eat that much, he's just a buck and a quarter soaking wet. Maybe over the course of a month, though - maybe.)

-----

Originally Posted by P2C

Topic: I'm not quite sure of POTW has ever been won with a picture...

100_0289.jpg

(Editor's Note: A picture has, actually, won POTW. Not this time of course, but in the past. Cool plate, though.)

-----

Topic: true story

Originally Posted by haggis

I have a pair of twins sitting on my couch right now jiggling each others boobs. Just thought you'd like to know.

(Editor's Note: So how did it go with the wife and her sister?)

-----

Topic: I just saw this for the first time

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

http://www.jetnation.com/?page_id=2

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

That page needs to be updated. Allow me...

162833.jpg

Bill Parcells

A run of the mill ticket-puncher. Starts nothing, joins in later. Craves the adoration of his peers. On a crusade to right the wrongs created by all football fans in their universal hatred of all things connected with Herman Edwards.

Hobbies: Enjoys Pissing in the shower and shouting random abuse at monitor. Also likes an occasional sponge bath administered by a 300 LB Jamaican nurse.

(Editor's Note: And who doesn't enjoy a nice sponge bath from time to time?)

-----

Topic: I just saw this for the first time

http://www.jetnation.com/?page_id=2

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

MUTTLEY-JPEG.jpg

Thor99

When not moderating Jet Nation, he fancies himself a bartender, but in reality he

-----

Topic: Everyone give it up for Sperm Edwards for banning Shasta for 1 month

Originally Posted by Bob

Shasta was here? Did you know you can rearrange the letters in his name to spell "Asshat"?

This message was brought to you as a pubic service by The One True Bob.

(Editor's Note: Bob is, if nothing else, direct, concise, and to the point.

bobbanner6.gif

)

-----

Topic: Everyone

Originally Posted by Garb

Shasta was fun. You guys are just BORING.

Originally Posted by Thor99

Whenever we try to have fun, some fun vacuum starts crying and the rain of PMs starts.

(Editor's Note: From a high horse? That's talent!)

-----

Topic: ECURB is ME! You suckers.......

Originally Posted by dickkotite

i cant let this go on anymore. that was a lot of fun. bye

Originally Posted by Thor99

Does that mean that you're both leaving? Sweet.

(Editor's Note: Aw, shucks - I'll miss The Rocket Man...)

-----

Topic: ECURB is ME! You suckers.......

Originally Posted by dickkotite

i cant let this go on anymore. that was a lot of fun. bye

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

In that case, kindly refrain from polluting the board with your Kotite personality, and stick with your Ecurb one.

Thanks.

(Editor's Note: Yeah, I agree Panzer - ecurb is much more friendly and a nicer guy overall. Plus he has ROCKETS!)

-----

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

I love Leon, but there aren't too many coaches I can think of that are flipping the bird on their football cards.

leon-washington-flipping-the-bird.jpg

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

It just means "hello." People have been saying hello to me in this fashion for years. Ever since I was a little kid. Even strangers say hello to me like this from their cars. You really should research this stuff before you show your ignorance.

(Editor's Note: 50014%7EFinger-Posters.jpg Spermie! Long time no see!)

-----

Topic: Jets & Revis Resume Contract Talks

Originally Posted by faba

The Jets are so tight lipped -give credit to Smizzy for getting this info for you.

Originally Posted by mdrago4

what exactly are you implying smizzy did to get this info?

Originally Posted by Smizzy

I had to sleep with the Jets cheerleaders to get this info,all 8 of them!

Give me some credit bitches!!

(Editor's Note: Oh, no - did the Wide Receivers play that trick on you again, Smiz?)

-----

Topic: What is your 2007 Prayer to the Football Gods?

Originally Posted by DMaynard

Please let Bill Bellichick be arrested for necrophilia.

(Editor's Note: Have you seen 'lil Bill lately? Anyone sleeping with him ought to be arrested for necrophilia...)

-----

Originally Posted by 124

Indeed it does.

For 1pm games I usually show up around 9:30,10 when I'm with my father, 8:30, 9 when going with a friend. I told my dad we definitely have to be there by 9:30 this year. No more 10am show ups.

Originally Posted by 80

You bitch.

What time are we going tomorrow?

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Don't you think arriving at the stadium on Wednesday for a Friday game is a bit of an overreaction to this parking mess?

(Editor's Note: The traffic in Jersey is killer these days...)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

hey SJ you might have missed this from the Hard Knocks Thread.......

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Herman_edwards

(Editor's Note: I'm just glad they listed "world renowned chef" first - gotta have priorities...)

-----

Topic: Morning ritual at Office

1) Grab coffee and muffin

2) Check e-mails

3) Log onto JetNation

4) Read and post on JN

5) Go home

(Editor's Note: Y'all hiring?)

-----

LatinAmericaTwins.jpg

Notice how Coffee and Muffin are standing in front of the CPR poster? I'm not as young as I used to be, so safety is a priority.

(Editor's Note: Good gracious do I want a #2 from Dunkin Donuts right about now...)

-----

:):):):)

I know it's boring..

(The Nomination: "can i potw nom all the smily replies?...i was laughing pretty good at that one." - mdrago4)

(Editor's Note: EVIL_SMILEY.gif Sure...)

-----

Originally Posted by Can't Hackett

Faba writing for Thejetsblog.com? Schwartz and Tanny are locked in a room.

Revis Talks Kicking Up?

According to Cimini, Neil Schwartz and Tanny are locked in a room with a table, legal size paper and sacks of money! OK, not really, but it sounds like the two might be working something out

-----

Originally Posted by joebabyny

I have been instructed to let people know that going forward, any issues with joebabyny posts should be directed toward my legal council who also happens to post here once in a while, johnnygreenballs.

That is all. lolsc

Nice!

Beaver Cleaver and Larry Mundello are collaborating on an endeavor. LOL!

(Editor's Note: All is right in the world again...LarryForPrez.gif

-----

Topic: Revis here.

Originally Posted by greeniemeanie

Between Revis joining the site today and Brady being out for the season, I don't know what to do with myself. Now if I could only convince my wife to.............

Well nevermind.

(Editor's Note: "if I could only convince my wife to" - I feel your pain...

-----

Topic: TicTac, you better be cool as h#ll

Originally Posted by Tictac

I hear Drago thinks that a wedding is more important than watching the Jets season opener. And you call yourself a Jets fan, pitiful.

(Editor's Note: pwned.jpg - welcome aboard, X0)

-----

Topic: Revis Signed: MERGED

Originally Posted by faba

Thanks for posting this Ten and for Revis to be in the fold and thanks again to Max for being wrong again by a day.

Originally Posted by rick34125

lol. it's actually Thursday in Australia.

(Editor's Note: Thanks Gain-zo-you're-not-Gainzo. What did you do with G?)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic: Rhodes re: Revis ( ESPN.com)

Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet

Added Jets safety Kerry Rhodes: "We have not seem him out here yet. We know from minicamp that he is a good guy. A rookie needs to come out and not be vocal while trying to learn as much as he can from the veterans. The reason people think we need him to be a starter is because we got him in the first round. You can talk a good game, but you need to come out and perform. We have not seen Darrelle do too much of that yet."

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Rhodes must be unamused with any rookie holding out (right or wrong). He's making $350K this year & has no security for his future if he gets injured this season. Unlike Revis who will get a bunch of money this year and, after missing the first 3 weeks of training camp (so far), will likely contribute little this year; particularly early-on.

Congrats, once again, to Sperm Edwards on his Post of the Week victory. Sperm talks about what sucks about the way the NFL works - players get a ton of cash for what they might do coming out of college. Sleepers who establish themselves in the league in years 1-3 have to sweat it out until they reach the big payday. They earn it by being a player who has shown their worth. It's a$$ backwards. Anyhow, congrats to Spermie, wear the badge with pride:

potw.jpg

The Assist of the Week goes to Bill Parcells and SoFlaJets for all of the POTW nominations. Without these guys, there are only a few nominations this week. Thanks for the extra work this week, guys.

Busy week here in Chapel Hill, NC - students are return and computer systems crash and burn. Oh, joy...

Y'all be cool -

gb

PS - sorry for the lack of color this week - I was feeling monochromatic - and slammed at work, too.

thanks once again beans. awesome as usual & a great choice in my opinion.

my gut feeling is whoever nominated sperms post has a real pulse on whats happening in the world of football & is basically a shoe in for most knowledgeable poster in 08' :)

Archived