Do you think the Jets will make any moves when players are cut?

NIGHT STALKER

If so, what position would you say the Jets need to address the most? I'll start and say a fat **** NT...but, that may have to wait until the next draft.

From the moves they have been making during camp, I'd say LB and O-line. O-line is a need for sure, especially if they cut Kendall and they can't be happy with backup C at this point. Without Houston they may consider a young RB too if any shake loose.

The injury to Jones concerns me, I would like to see them pick up Corey Dillon for a 1 year deal. Insurance.

BZ

me too BZ--also they'll be looking hard at whoever New England cuts-they have some great starting D-linemen and with NO chance at breaking in there-they're gonna have to let someone go...I think OLmen are going to be in much demand for everyone

they don't have to wait for cutdowns to do that, he's on the street right now!*

*(probably smoking crack)

I know. I just want them to pick him up before someone else does.

Again, if TJ gets hurt we are left with Leon and ___________ and that isn't a running game that is going to scare anyone in the AFC East.

BZ

Once again, Kendall will most likely be here and I don't see why Offensive Line is such a high prority to look at. The Jets have 8 or 9 guys right now who will make the team. The love the versatality of Wade Smith where he can play anywhere on the line, Bender can be a T or G (hopefully T) and then Adrian Jones also can double as a G / T and lets not forget about the Kendall vs Clarke battle at LG, someone will be a back-up.

I say the Jets won't be looking at anybody really. If we see a bigger NT type project that can take C.J. Mosley's spot then maybe NT, but really I don't see where they would go. Maybe they could look at a back-up C, but like I said, they're high on Smith.

I think they will look for one player that can play QB, RB, WR, Special Teams (coverage and KO returns).

This way they have a Plan B if Brad Smith gets hurt! :P

RB -- I can definitely see them making a move here. Wouldn't want Dillion, he is done. Beyond done. Scan the waiver wire for talent, that's what they will be doing.

I think they will look for one player that can play QB, RB, WR, Special Teams (coverage and KO returns).

This way they have a Plan B if Brad Smith gets hurt! :P

RB -- I can definitely see them making a move here. Wouldn't want Dillion, he is done. Beyond done. Scan the waiver wire for talent, that's what they will be doing.

I don't know Max. I like Corey and think he could be a solid contributer carrying the ball around 10 times a game. Of course, if Thomas Jones is ready for Week 1, then we really don't need to be scanning the wavier wire for anybody. Danny Ware as shown at least myself something in his first two games running behind a 2nd string offensive line.

I don't know Max. I like Corey and think he could be a solid contributer carrying the ball around 10 times a game. Of course, if Thomas Jones is ready for Week 1, then we really don't need to be scanning the wavier wire for anybody. Danny Ware as shown at least myself something in his first two games running behind a 2nd string offensive line.

Okay we are all set there. Tanny you can take the day off. :)

I haven't seen much of Ware yet so I am reserving judgement and hoping for the best.

TE is a position they don't need to upgrade. Sean Ryan is looking good. When did he decide that he likes catching the ball???

. Wouldn't want Dillion, he is done. Beyond done. Scan the waiver wire for talent, that's what they will be doing.

Not sure these stats look like someone who is done.

2006 Yards: 812/4.1 (per)

Even if dropped down and only carried for 700 yards and 4.0 a carry, it would still be worth while if TJ goes down.

BZ

Not sure these stats look like someone who is done.

2006 Yards: 812/4.1 (per)

Even if dropped down and only carried for 700 yards and 4.0 a carry, it would still be worth while if TJ goes down.

BZ

Remember the play where he had nothing but open field ahead of him last year against the Jets? And he was taken down from behind a few yards later. Yeah, he is done.

I'll pass.

One other thing if TJ goes down Leon will get the carries. It TJ and Leon both go down we ain't gonna be running with much luck anyhow.

Kendall is hardly the savior. If he starts, LG is still the weak link (and RT).

The line concerns me. They had such a hard time last year and they have the same 5 back now. Granted Mangold will be better and we hope DBrick will be. But it is a big concern, especially if you factor in uncertainty at Left Guard.

I don't think a waiver pickup is going to help much at this point though.

Kendall is hardly the savior. If he starts, LG is still the weak link (and RT).

Kendall is still a starting LG in this league, I don't see how LG would be the weak link. Right Tackle is the weak link in the passing game, not in the running game. This line to me in its 2nd season together will play better and they have a young guy in Bender to groom for RT for '08 or '09 and beyond. Clarke will eventually replace Kendall at LG or they will address LG via the draft in '08.

Sorry, but there won't be an Alan Faneca on the wavier wire that is coming in here and taking a spot from Clement or Kendall / Clarke.

Remember the play where he had nothing but open field ahead of him last year against the Jets? And he was taken down from behind a few yards later. Yeah, he is done.

I'll pass.

One other thing if TJ goes down Leon will get the carries. It TJ and Leon both go down we ain't gonna be running with much luck anyhow.

I remember it well. He is not the speed rusher, but the bruiser. Connect him up with Leon and it is a good 1/2 punch.

I rather have a proven bruiser at this point than some third string reject (ahembarlowahem).

BZ

Kendall is still a starting LG in this league, I don't see how LG would be the weak link. Right Tackle is the weak link in the passing game, not in the running game. This line to me in its 2nd season together will play better and they have a young guy in Bender to groom for RT for '08 or '09 and beyond. Clarke will eventually replace Kendall at LG or they will address LG via the draft in '08.

Sorry, but there won't be an Alan Faneca on the wavier wire that is coming in here and taking a spot from Clement or Kendall / Clarke.

Kendall is disgruntled and Clarke has shown very little except a large body. I don't think ithey must have a starter like RB last year, but more talent on the line can't hurt. I think that's why they brought that Stanley guy that was with the Rams earlier for a cup of coffee-checking around. Besides, do they even have another center on the roster that can shotgun? Seems like Smith isn't the answer if they are moving Kendall back in there.

I'm more hopeful of improvement from Ferguson than Mangold this year. D'Brick seemed light and should fill in a little, Mangold had a great season last year and is dinged in camp which doesn't make me expect much improvement over a fine rookie season.

I'll pass.

but for a short yardage situation you can't ask for anyone better-he was money in GL situtions and scored 13 TDs last year and was virtually unstoppable when you needed a yard or two for a first down-I like that option better than the Brad Smith sliding over and sneaking it-but hey, what do I know? Mangini and Mike T know who IS done and who ain't done and what they've been doing and with whom-it's a small town mentality the NFL-trust the process Jets fans

Kendall is still a starting LG in this league

Couldn't disagree more.

I think what we find as a cap casualty on the WW is better than Kendall. Sorry, but last yr he would have stood out like a sore thumb if it wasn't for the decent play of Ferguson and the great play of Mangold.

Archived