YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At 21, and with your knowledge of music from the 60s and 70s, you are an inspiration. This site is lucky to have you. Keep posting awesome tunes.

lol. A lot of people here know a lot of great stuff and thats what makes this place so great.

This is ****ing sick. Ringo on drums, Elton John on Keys, awesome jam in this song. I love it.

8xJ_agcMy5c

That's a pretty good tune. Kinda reminds me of a bluesier Bryan Adams. Thanks for posting the vid. I love listening to new stuff.

I'm full of crap

You've never heard of.

Most of it 80's stuff.

lol. A lot of people here know a lot of great stuff and thats what makes this place so great.

This is ****ing sick. Ringo on drums, Elton John on Keys, awesome jam in this song. I love it.

8xJ_agcMy5c

Awesome. I bought the DVD to the movie Born to Boogie, from which that clip was taken, the day it was released. I had been trying to see any version of that film--directed by one of your drum idols, Ringo Starr, by the way--since the late 70s. It usually was only shown in England. If you haven't seen it, by all means rent or buy it NOW. Lots of cool behind the scenes stuff, along with the first afternoon show from the same day.

Check out Prince's solo in this song. Very underrated guitarist.

D7sT1HRV2qU

Prince ROCKS. Period. I got into him when I bought his 1999 album. But I was stopped in my tracks when I heard his solo on "Let's Get Crazy" from Purple Rain. I swear, he channels Hendrix in that solo and then puts in his trademark funky oompf. I watched the show from which that vid was taken and thought he just blew everyone away. It's like he went to another level...AGAIN.

Prince ROCKS. Period. I got into him when I bought his 1999 album. But I was stopped in my tracks when I heard his solo on "Let's Get Crazy" from Purple Rain. I swear, he channels Hendrix in that solo and then puts in his trademark funky oompf. I watched the show from which that vid was taken and thought he just blew everyone away. It's like he went to another level...AGAIN.

He is awesome. You can see Tom Petty and the younger guy behind him smiling during the solo. They knew how good it was.

Here's another underrated performer, Linda Perry. She gets a bunch of crap for the 4Non Blondes and being Pink's producer. But she put out a solo album 'In Flight' which is absolutely fantastic.

This is a song called 'Fill Me Up'.

da3hgSBqFTA

Awesome. I bought the DVD to the movie Born to Boogie, from which that clip was taken, the day it was released. I had been trying to see any version of that film--directed by one of your drum idols, Ringo Starr, by the way--since the late 70s. It usually was only shown in England. If you haven't seen it, by all means rent or buy it NOW. Lots of cool behind the scenes stuff, along with the first afternoon show from the same day.

Thanks I have to see that.

He is awesome. You can see Tom Petty and the younger guy behind him smiling during the solo. They knew how good it was.

Here's another underrated performer, Linda Perry. She gets a bunch of crap for the 4Non Blondes and being Pink's producer. But she put out a solo album 'In Flight' which is absolutely fantastic.

da3hgSBqFTA

I just watched that solo again. No exaggeration, I got goose bumps when he launched his turn with those unbelievably powerful, funky full step bends. I mean, he just slams you against the wall. I always thought he was a cross between Jimmy Hendrix and a classic bluesman like Albert Collins. Notice, too, how Jeff Lynne is looking at him with a stunned, where the f**k did this guy come from expression on his face. BTW, the young guy you noted behind Tom Petty is George Harrison's son.

da3hgSBqFTA

No Fair, it's not available anymore.

Ha! A lefty guitarist? Poor Jimi had to be on the end of line so he didn't kill somebody during the choreography. Awesome.

I also agree on the great spotting of Hendrix. Average fan doesn't even know he played for other artists, including James Brown.. BTW, since you noticed he's a lefty, Hendrix didn't play a normal lefty guitar. He used a righty guitar strung upside down. Why and how he did it this way is anyone's guess. Since he didn't read music, Hendrix would always talk about the music he was trying to produce in terms of colors. Maybe he saw playing the instrument in some other abstract way, too.

Archived