Welcome Pats Fans

Smizzy

Eh, there are lots of arseholes everywhere. Massachusetts seems to have more than usual - hence the term "ma@sshole." People in FLA just seem f'ed in the head.

:)

That's sort of a broad (no pun intended) stroke even for you. "People in FLA just seem f'ed in the head"...funny stuff. I've been married to my lovely bride for over 32 years now...I must be f'ed in the head...how about you Garb...married? No? I wonder why.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's sort of a broad (no pun intended) stroke even for you. "People in FLA just seem f'ed in the head"...funny stuff. I've been married to my lovely bride for over 32 years now...I must be f'ed in the head...how about you Garb...married? No? I wonder why.

Ouch! :Nuts:

...and another thing: people from FLA are WAY too senstive. I was trying to push Defense's buttons, not yours....that said, your wife must be a Saint. God Bless her.

...and another thing: people from FLA are WAY too senstive. I was trying to push Defense's buttons, not yours....that said, your wife must be a Saint. God Bless her.

She is a saint... and there you go again with the "people from FLA" thingy. If you're going to stick it to one poster (which you're claiming to do and I doubt), you ought to stop generalizing Florida posters as a group.

Like me saying that Pat fans on this board are idiots and that would be wrong because I do like PFSIKH and Gainzo.:)

Um..... I see. I think.

A Billerica Jets fan? Did you transplanr there? I am in Michigan but my family has deep roots in Pinehurst.

originally from new york. moved to mass. for my job. needed to be near rt.3, 495, 128, 93 so first I lived in Tewksbury and now Billerica, right near the center.

Nice town. Has everything I need except a sports bar that shows Jets away games consistently.

She is a saint... and there you go again with the "people from FLA" thingy. If you're going to stick it to one poster (which you're claiming to do and I doubt), you ought to stop generalizing Florida posters as a group.

Like me saying that Pat fans on this board are idiots and that would be wrong because I do like PFSIKH and Gainzo.:)

no... you're right. Pats fans are idiots.

:rolleyes:

People please.....

And to say that folks in Boston follow the Bruins is laughable....wait, you live in Billerica - where the 45 Bruins fans that remain actually live.

Ever think of moving to FLA?

there are plenty of closet bruins fans in these parts sweetie. Problem is new englanders are a bunch of bandwagoners. Look at the Celtics. They have been nothing the last few years. Now, people care?? Huh?

When the bruins sneak in the 8th spot this year there will be lots of black and gold being worn for a week. Now excuse me Im off to Wilmington to the mcdonalds by ristucci arena. We are having our bruins fan club meeting today over big macs and crispy chicken sandwiches.

I dont need to move to Florida. If I want to be with other "special" people like me, I will take rt. 2 west to 140 north to Winchendon.

there are plenty of closet bruins fans in these parts sweetie. Problem is new englanders are a bunch of bandwagoners. Look at the Celtics. They have been nothing the last few years. Now, people care?? Huh?

When the bruins sneak in the 8th spot this year there will be lots of black and gold being worn for a week. Now excuse me Im off to Wilmington to the mcdonalds by ristucci arena. We are having our bruins fan club meeting today over big macs and crispy chicken sandwiches.

I dont need to move to Florida. If I want to be with other "special" people like me, I will take rt. 2 west to 140 north to Winchendon.

I have lived here my whole life - I know what I am talking about....Bruins fans live in Hockey Towns - and thankfully those towns are dwindling by the minute. You happen to live in one of them. One of my best freinds live siN Billerica. I feel sorry for her sometimes. ;)

I have lived here my whole life - I know what I am talking about....Bruins fans live in Hockey Towns - and thankfully those towns are dwindling by the minute. You happen to live in one of them. One of my best freinds live siN Billerica. I feel sorry for her sometimes. ;)

Is that why WalMart has all bruins stuff half off??? Is that why I can actually go to a game without scalping??

just you wait.... when they become mediocre again!!! POW!!! They will move right up the list from 5th favorite team to 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget, Red Sox nation wasnt anything before the current ownership, same for the Pats. Either go into a prolonged tailspin and the fans will be jumping off the bandwagon.

Sure the Sox had fans, but nowhere near where it is now.

Just you wait.. when the bruins are good I want you to come back here and say I was right and everyone jumped back on the bandwagon. see you in 10 years.:)

Is that why WalMart has all bruins stuff half off??? Is that why I can actually go to a game without scalping??

just you wait.... when they become mediocre again!!! POW!!! They will move right up the list from 5th favorite team to 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget, Red Sox nation wasnt anything before the current ownership, same for the Pats. Either go into a prolonged tailspin and the fans will be jumping off the bandwagon.

Just you wait.. when the bruins are good I want you to come back here and say I was right and everyone jumped back on the bandwagon. see you in 10 years.:)

Whatever. You know soooo much more about the Boston Sports scene than I do. I defer to your expertise. :yawn:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...9380post499380

http://www.nefans.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=9772#9772

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...threadid=25053

Please take 5 minutes if you can to stop by and say hi, Remember that you represent this site when you visit these places. We expect you to behave the same way you would here.

Do you really mean that? Well, i guess I can go there and recycle all my fag jokes from here.

Hey guys, I've been registered here forever, but I haven't posted much at all. I'm a member over at Patsplanet, and I just wanted to stop by and wish you guys luck this week, here's to a good clean, injury free game.

I'm just glad football season is here again

Cheers all

Hey guys, I've been registered here forever, but I haven't posted much at all. I'm a member over at Patsplanet, and I just wanted to stop by and wish you guys luck this week, here's to a good clean, injury free game.

I'm just glad football season is here again

Cheers all

Thanks for stopping by.

Actually, that is a bit true sadly. I was looking forward to taking my nephew to a Celtics game this year, unfortunately I think that tickets are going to be way too hard to come by this year. Sad, but true. I'll still find a way to get tickets to take him, because its something that he really wants to do, so I'll do what I have to.

"What exactly is a "Pats" fan? By that you mean a Red Sox fan whose bored in November, December and January?"

In some cases that is true, and I have met alot of new Pats fans over the last few years.But I am the exact opposite of what this poster said, I love my Sox, but come football season the Sox are secondary.

Boston/New England fans don't blindly support their teams when the ownership doesn't care about winning. We aren't stupid.

Jeremy Jacobs doesn't care about winning so that is why 12 people go to Bruins games. There are tons of Bruins fans who will flock back if Jacobs sells the team.

The Celtics have had very good crowds over the the last few years because the fans could see that the ownership were trying to build a winner.

The Pats have been sold out since 1994 when Kraft bought the team. Parcells was hired a year earlier by Orthwein as he wanted to move the team to St. Louis and thought a big name Coach would help his cause.

The Red Sox are a different story. The have been around forever so they always had the 3rd or 4th generation hardcore fans, but until Henry et al, proved they wanted to win Fenway would only get 25-30K a game.

You can call us band wagoners all you want, but the fact is that we don't put up with owners who don't want to win.

Boston/New England fans don't blindly support their teams when the ownership doesn't care about winning. We aren't stupid.

Jeremy Jacobs doesn't care about winning so that is why 12 people go to Bruins games. There are tons of Bruins fans who will flock back if Jacobs sells the team.

The Celtics have had very good crowds over the the last few years because the fans could see that the ownership were trying to build a winner.

The Pats have been sold out since 1994 when Kraft bought the team. Parcells was hired a year earlier by Orthwein as he wanted to move the team to St. Louis and thought a big name Coach would help his cause.

The Red Sox are a different story. The have been around forever so they always had the 3rd or 4th generation hardcore fans, but until Henry et al, proved they wanted to win Fenway would only get 25-30K a game.

You can call us band wagoners all you want, but the fact is that we don't put up with owners who don't want to win.

last season

Celtics- 20th in league 16,843 avg. (85.9% of cap.)

Bruins- 25th in league 14,764 avg. (79.3% of cap.)

bruins- (max cap. is 17,565)

01-15,432 avg.

02-15,403 avg.

03-15,029 avg.

04-15,070 avg.

05- zero (thank you gary bettman)

06-16,211

07-14,764

celtics- (max cap. is 18,624)

03- 17,293

04- 16,202

05- 16,001

06- 16,890

07- 16,843

Red sox attendance:

1990- 4th overall in AL(2.5mil fans)

91- 4th al-(2.5 mil)

92- 6th (2.4mil)

93- 4th (2.4mil)

94- 7th (1.77mil)

95- 4th (2.1mil)

96- 6th (2.3mil)

97- 7th (2.2mil)

98- 9th (2.3mil)

99- 6th (2.44mil)

00- 6th (2.5mil)

01- 6th (2.6mil)

02- 6th (2.6mil)

03- 4th (2.7mil)

04- 4th (2.8mil)

05- 3rd (2.8mil)

06- 4th (2.9mil)

Honestly, I didnt think the attendance was this consistent for the sox... 94 was the strike year so that explains the drop.

My apologies to Bostonians... I didnt mean to disparage your love for your sports teams. You are not bandwagoners. Obviously through my analysis you show up for your teams in good and bad.. mostly bad.

last season

Celtics- 20th in league 16,843 avg. (85.9% of cap.)

Bruins- 25th in league 14,764 avg. (79.3% of cap.)

bruins- (max cap. is 17,565)

01-15,432 avg.

02-15,403 avg.

03-15,029 avg.

04-15,070 avg.

05- zero (thank you gary bettman)

06-16,211

07-14,764

celtics- (max cap. is 18,624)

03- 17,293

04- 16,202

05- 16,001

06- 16,890

07- 16,843

Red sox attendance:

1990- 4th overall in AL(2.5mil fans)

91- 4th al-(2.5 mil)

92- 6th (2.4mil)

93- 4th (2.4mil)

94- 7th (1.77mil)

95- 4th (2.1mil)

96- 6th (2.3mil)

97- 7th (2.2mil)

98- 9th (2.3mil)

99- 6th (2.44mil)

00- 6th (2.5mil)

01- 6th (2.6mil)

02- 6th (2.6mil)

03- 4th (2.7mil)

04- 4th (2.8mil)

05- 3rd (2.8mil)

06- 4th (2.9mil)

Honestly, I didnt think the attendance was this consistent for the sox... 94 was the strike year so that explains the drop.

My apologies to Bostonians... I didnt mean to disparage your love for your sports teams. You are not bandwagoners. Obviously through my analysis you show up for your teams in good and bad.. mostly bad.

The Bruins only sold out last year when Montreal was in town.

You must admit that Jeremy Jacobs (Mr. Delaware North) is the most hated man in Boston. He & Peter Angelos (Orioles owner) are neck and neck as the worst owners in Pro Sports.

You must admit that Jeremy Jacobs (Mr. Delaware North) is the most hated man in Boston. He & Peter Angelos (Orioles owner) are neck and neck as the worst owners in Pro Sports.

I'll call your Jacobs and raise you a CHarles Wang

charles-wang_392.jpg

THIS EFFIN GUY KEPT MIKE MILLBURY EMPLOYED! No one is worse than this guy.

i love sh!tty Jacobs teams... means I can get tickets to see my islanders when they visit beantown.

Who the F is Charles Wang? He sounds worse than Jacobs.

he was the co-founder of Computer Associates (huge software company on Long Island)

He did save the Islanders from being moved somewhere else.

BUT, he has been the owner since 2000. Kept Mike Millbury employed. Traded for Yashin (against Millbury's advice) and gave him a ridiculous contract. Gave DiPietro a 15 year contract!!! Fired Neil Smith 40 days after hiring him! Made Garth Snow GM even though he retired just because he would become GM. Promised to spend money to build a winner.

Instead has made stupid move after stupid move, most revolving around Yashin (see: Peca, Laviolette..)

This team is constantly striving for mediocrity and achieve it.

he was the co-founder of Computer Associates (huge software company on Long Island)

BUT, he has been the owner since 2000. Kept Mike Millbury employed. Traded for Yashin (against Millbury's advice) and gave him a ridiculous contract. Gave DiPietro a 15 year contract!!! Fired Neil Smith 40 days after hiring him! Made Garth Snow GM even though he retired just because he would become GM. Promised to spend money to build a winner.

Instead has made stupid move after stupid move, most revolving around Yashin (see: Peca, Laviolette..)

I know CA.

Is Wang retarded or special? Why did he buy a hockey team?

I know CA.

Is Wang retarded or special? Why did he buy a hockey team?

reason he said: to keep team on Long Island.

real reason: future development of land around the Nassau Mausoleum.

Its always been about how he can develop the land to make him millions. The team was only useful so he could have a tenant to build his sprawling complex around.

How has Snow done as GM?

Archived