Chad Pennington week-to-week - NFL.com - Just posted

Jets QB Pennington week-to-week

By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Chad Pennington could miss Sunday's game at Baltimore, after suffering an ankle injury in the team's loss to New England. Pennington is considered week-to-week.

Pennington was hit by Patriots defensive end Jarvis Green in the third quarter. Pennington was slow to get up and was in obvious pain before standing up, then collapsing to the turf after taking a few steps. Pennington eventually hopped on his left leg to the sideline.

"I've never had a lower leg injury before," Pennington said. "I'm not going to lay there, I'll tell you that."

Pennington flung his helmet to the ground as he hopped over to the bench, where he was surrounded by team trainers. Kellen Clemens replaced him, but Pennington came back to start the Jets' next series with his right ankle heavily wrapped. He led the team on a scoring drive capped by Coles' 1-yard touchdown catch.

In the fourth quarter, Clemens again replaced Pennington, who decided it wasn't worth it to risk further injury. Pennington, 16-of-21 for 167 yards and the two touchdown passes to Coles, was uncertain how serious the injury is.

Reports from the Associated Press were also used in this story.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Chad Pennington could miss Sunday's game at Baltimore, after suffering an ankle injury in the team's loss to New England. Pennington is considered week-to-week.

Pennington was hit by Patriots defensive end Jarvis Green in the third quarter. Pennington was slow to get up and was in obvious pain before standing up, then collapsing to the turf after taking a few steps. Pennington eventually hopped on his left leg to the sideline.

"I've never had a lower leg injury before," Pennington said. "I'm not going to lay there, I'll tell you that."

Pennington flung his helmet to the ground as he hopped over to the bench, where he was surrounded by team trainers. Kellen Clemens replaced him, but Pennington came back to start the Jets' next series with his right ankle heavily wrapped. He led the team on a scoring drive capped by Coles' 1-yard touchdown catch.

In the fourth quarter, Clemens again replaced Pennington, who decided it wasn't worth it to risk further injury. Pennington, 16-of-21 for 167 yards and the two touchdown passes to Coles, was uncertain how serious the injury is.

This is BS, bacause I listened to the Mangini press conference and he said "he'll be back when he's back" and gave no more than that, infuriating Fatcessa and the Speech Impediment Dog.

Where did they get they're information from, if Mangini didn't give us anything

Things are leaked out. Eric Mangini is not the sole man of knowledge when it comes to Chad's or anyone elses injury(ies).

For now, I'm going with this report that Chad will be week-to-week. He looked horrible limping down that field yesterday so I do believe he will miss at least a game or two.

I have no doubt that he will miss at least his week based upon how he was limping. The two toolbags on FAN had their man on the scene claiming that none of the players would say anything other than Chad is fine. They were ranting about how the Jets were acting as if they were disclosing nuclear secrets with this injury. I think everyone has been warned by Mangini not to say a word.

I have no doubt that he will miss at least his week based upon how he was limping. The two toolbags on FAN had their man on the scene claiming that none of the players would say anything other than Chad is fine. They were ranting about how the Jets were acting as if they were disclosing nuclear secrets with this injury. I think everyone has been warned by Mangini not to say a word.

uh huh. and if the pats stole the signals to the play that resulted in his injury....then what?

Jeez at least pretend this isn't the happiest moment in your life.

124-If that is accurate then Kellen is going to get his first start. Not exactly the defense you would select for him if you could. But if it is to be I'll just say kick a$$ Kellen.

I think it was Carson Palmer got his first minutes against the Ravens. Through at least a couple TD's, and got picked a few times. i think it would be a good challenge for him.

I believe this will be a great time to evaluate KC, Penne is too limited, Opposing D's stack the line and make life miserable for OL's and RBS.

I truly Believe KC would have been starting by week 6 anyway. This is a rebuilding year and I believe Mangini knows it. last year we had a soft schedule.... this year we pay for it.

Be careful what you wish for. Chad was playing well and moving the ball against a top defense with little rushing help and under constant pressure by the pass rush. 2 TD's and no picks, and one drive on the gimpy leg. I don't think Kellen is ready to do that. Healthy Penny = playoffs, with KC its a rebuilding year.

Be careful what you wish for. Chad was playing well and moving the ball against a top defense with little rushing help and under constant pressure by the pass rush. 2 TD's and no picks, and one drive on the gimpy leg. I don't think Kellen is ready to do that. Healthy Penny = playoffs, with KC its a rebuilding year.

All things considered Pennington did play well Sunday, and I am very upset to see him have to sit this Sunday.

I also like Clemens, and it appears that at least this Sunday will be his day. I'm not going to make any excuse for him before the game is even played. If Pennington wasn't hurt he would have to go against the same situations.

Clemens isn't a rookie, he is a smart kid and I believe he actually prepares each week thinking he is going in. With Pennington's history why wouldn't he?

We will see what he's got Sunday. I hope he lights it up.

Archived