Well, I think Beckett may have won his Cy

JonEJet

Although earning it against The TAAAAAmpAAAAA BAAAY RAAYS is not that impressive

Well. going to the Bronx in the AM....looking forward to watching Clemens

Congrats to Beckett

Who hacked into JonEJet's account? j/k. I think you are right.

Although earning it against The TAAAAAmpAAAAA BAAAY RAAYS is not that impressive

Well. going to the Bronx in the AM....looking forward to watching Clemens

Congrats to Beckett

Good post JonE.

BTW tell Rog-ah he is still a piece of crap.

ITs close between Wang, Beckett and CC. Both Wang and Beckett were on the DL, both would have over 20 wins right now if not for it. Wang missed one month(5-6 starts). Beckett missed 3 starts(I beleive). Both have similar records,( 19-7, 20-6) Beckett more K's. ERA is close I do beleive also. (not looking at stats). I dfont know CC's record or much about his year except it has been a good one, so I didnt compare him. Carmona is suppsoedly in it also, but I think he fell off towards the end did he not?

ITs close between Wang, Beckett and CC. Both Wang and Beckett were on the DL, both would have over 20 wins right now if not for it. Wang missed one month(5-6 starts). Beckett missed 3 starts(I beleive). Both have similar records,( 19-7, 20-6) Beckett more K's. ERA is close I do beleive also. (not looking at stats). I dfont know CC's record or much about his year except it has been a good one, so I didnt compare him. Carmona is suppsoedly in it also, but I think he fell off towards the end did he not?

JonE- One start isn't going to make or break Beckett. I think it'll be tight between him and CC.

Kidhuman- Carmona is 5-0 with a 1.78 ERA in his last five starts. Not exactly falling off. I think he might split some of the votes and make Beckett the winner. Wang's ERA, WHIP and most other stats are much higher than Beckett, Carmona, Sabathia, and even Lackey, Santana, and Bedard had better seasons statistically (wins not included). I'd even have Putz from Seattle higher on my ballot.

I think it's Beckett by a hair.

My top 5:

Beckett

Sabathia

Carmona

Lackey

Putz

Kidhuman- Carmona is 5-0 with a 1.78 ERA in his last five starts. Not exactly falling off.

I was thinking more in August where he was 1-2 with 2 ND's. 35 IP, 32 HITS, 15 RUNS. Aug 10th-31st

CC didnt fair much better, 2-1 3 ND's in August as well.

Wang 19-7, 3.70ERA, Whip 1.29, 104 K's

Beckett 20-6, 3.14 ERA, 1.12 Whip, 188k's

CC 18-7, 3.19 ERA, 1.14 Whip, 205k's

Fausto 19-8, 3.06,, 1.21 whip, 137k's

Archived