Phil Jackson takes Laker Gig

TomShane

Bummer. I'm a casual Knick fan, and I was hoping for him to turn New York around.

Phil Jackson doesn't turn teams around. He merely takes over teams that have all pieces in place to their championship puzzle and then takes credit for their success. He is what Joe Torre would be if Torre turned it up about 11 notches on the a$$hole Meter.

This is great! The Hippie has NO chance to succeed in LA! Now that Fat Shaq is gone and the Lake Show sucks again...it is PROVEN that the Rapist has nothing to do with any of the success. Now it can be proven that the Hippie had nothing to do with it either.

Now that he DOES NOT have 2 first ballot HOFers on his team, maybe someone will actually call him out for sitting on the bench and filing his nails during the 4th quarter.

Allow me to play a little Devil's advocate here.

If Phil Jackson sucks so much as a coach, how did he break into the league in the first place, and how did his teams win 9 NBA titles?

(Note: I hate Phil Jackson as much as you all do)

He's Michael Jordan's boy. Jordan didn't like Doug Collins... the Bulls never won. It's a true fact. That and the Bad Boys played Jordan like the bitch he is. The Bad Boys just got old, as did Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics. He came along at the right place at the right time. Who was going to beat him? Charles Barkley? Patrick Ewing?

Phil Jackson will be exposed with the roster he has to work with on the Lakers- he will be coaching a mid level NBA team because that is what his roster will have instead of Jordan's and Shaq and Pippins and Bryant

Allow me to play a little Devil's advocate here.

If Phil Jackson sucks so much as a coach, how did he break into the league in the first place, and how did his teams win 9 NBA titles?

(Note: I hate Phil Jackson as much as you all do)

Michael Jordan

Scottie Pippin

Steve Kerr

Dennis Rodman

Shaq

Kobe

Robert Horry

That's how.

Michael Jordan

Scottie Pippin

Steve Kerr

Dennis Rodman

Shaq

Kobe

Robert Horry

That's how.

Obviously, Phil Jackson had tons of talent on the teams he has coached. This we know.

However, if he is as overrated as you all make him seem, how did he ever become an NBA coach in the first place? That's what I want to know.

Obviously, Phil Jackson had tons of talent on the teams he has coached. This we know.

However, if he is as overrated as you all make him seem, how did he ever become an NBA coach in the first place? That's what I want to know.

The Bulls gave him a chance. :?

Archived