Vilma

DMaynard

Let's start facing the facts with this guy. Just like Chad, he is a great character guy who you really want to love, but...

Forget the 3-4 he is not big enough to take on blockers stuff. He is not even doing what he is supposed to be good at. Twice, that I can remember, he had an open shot on Lynch and Lynch just ran away from him. Lynch is good, he is not Gale Sayers. Where is the speed? Where is the tackling ability? When was the last time he made a pass defense or got a sack.

I am really disappointed in this guy.

he hasn't had a sack since Herman Edwards was his coach DM-Boozer 76 has a great idea trade both him and Chad for picks this off-season...hey I wonder if we can ship Chad over to The Windy City BEFORE the trading deadline....his worth will drop if he (or when) he gets benched...I see this team at 1-6 by the time Buffalo comes to NJ

he hasn't had a sack since Herman Edwards was his coach DM-Boozer 76 has a great idea trade both him and Chad for picks this off-season...hey I wonder if we can ship Chad over to The Windy City BEFORE the trading deadline....his worth will drop if he (or when) he gets benched...I see this team at 1-6 by the time Buffalo comes to NJ

His worth will drop a lot more if we wait until he's 1-6 (or even 2-5) than if we bench him after we were only 1-2 with him.

I doubt we could get much of a pick for him, let alone "picks" plural.

Plus you don't trade him away until you KNOW that Clemens is your man for all of next year. Clemens would have to string some victories in a row to make Chad expendable even as our #2.

Vilma and Chad being shipped off mid-season? Two team captains? Mangini might as well resign on the spot as well b/c those two guys are too popular in the locker room to withstand such a mid-season transaction.

There will be an awful stench among the players of Mangini blaming two of the most popular players for his own shortcomings.

Huh, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you liked that idea. In all honesty I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Vilma does not fit in our scheme. Chad.......well, it's been 4 years now that I have been complaining about him.

His worth will drop a lot more if we wait until he's 1-6 (or even 2-5) than if we bench him after we were only 1-2 with him.

I doubt we could get much of a pick for him, let alone "picks" plural.

Plus you don't trade him away until you KNOW that Clemens is your man for all of next year. Clemens would have to string some victories in a row to make Chad expendable even as our #2.

Vilma and Chad being shipped off mid-season? Two team captains? Mangini might as well resign on the spot as well b/c those two guys are too popular in the locker room to withstand such a mid-season transaction.

There will be an awful stench among the players of Mangini blaming two of the most popular players for his own shortcomings.

no SE I meant Chad being traded mid-season not Vilma wait to see what we can get for him after the season-a team willing to make a season saving move might give us more than he's (CP) is worth...you know a team still IN IT after 4 or 6-7 games

this is a real tough call for Mangini to bench him after the statistical game he put up yesterday-a trade may be his best way out

Huh, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you liked that idea. In all honesty I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Vilma does not fit in our scheme. Chad.......well, it's been 4 years now that I have been complaining about him.

no B-76 I think it's a smart idea....as a fan I'm pretty much done playing 10 yard Jets football-when week after week all around the league I'm seeing QBs throwing balls downfield and week after week seeing us dink and dunk

People also gave me crap when I said to let Harris play over Vilma. All I know is when I see Harris in the game, good things happen.

vilma found his way to the bench yesterday for the first time in years. harris absolutely leveled lynch on an inside run. one of the first hits a jet lb has made ACROSS the los in years. vilma is a great tackler 8 yeards downfield.

vilma found his way to the bench yesterday for the first time in years. harris absolutely leveled lynch on an inside run. one of the first hits a jet lb has made ACROSS the los in years. vilma is a great tackler 8 yeards downfield.

...particularly if he first makes contact with the ballcarrier 3 yards downfield.

...particularly if he first makes contact with the ballcarrier 3 yards downfield.

Man, that is another thing. Not just Vilma. This entire defense makes every RB they play look like Jim Nance. How many times have we seen 3 or 4 jets hanging on a RB who moves forward another 5 + yards??? It is pathetic.

Man, that is another thing. Not just Vilma. This entire defense makes every RB they play look like Jim Nance. How many times have we seen 3 or 4 jets hanging on a RB who moves forward another 5 + yards??? It is pathetic.

Maynard, I saw more than 3-4 Jets hanging on Lynch at least once. Looked like more than half the friggin' defense & he still carried them.

I agree they are sucky tacklers and that it is pathetic, but at least yesterday it looked like they were trying for the strip. Probably because it was a rookie.

I saw 3-4 guys playing defense yesterday-Hobson, Pohau Ellis and Harris-maybe Dyson that was about IT

no B-76 I think it's a smart idea....as a fan I'm pretty much done playing 10 yard Jets football-when week after week all around the league I'm seeing QBs throwing balls downfield and week after week seeing us dink and dunk

The Jets can barely play the dink and dunk game - the receivers have to make great catches even in the short game. Better to trade Chad than see him lose value as a backup. The most fun I had this year as a Jet fan is watching Clemens play in the second half of the Baltimore game.

The Bears are desperate. It seems fantasy-eque for this type of trade to happen but the Jets need to put Clemens in the pot and see if he can play in the league where they pay for play.

Archived