Jets sign Olu Fashanu to rookie deal

• Larz changed the title to Jets sign Olu Fashanu to rookie deal

Joe D's pattern has been to sign the lower-round draft picks first, then build up to signing the top pick(s) last.  Interesting that he's starting it the other way around this time.  Maybe Olu was so happy to be a Jet that negotiations went quickly this time.

This is a good sign. I was seriously opposed to OT in RD1 but I really liked Fashanu the most of any of them. He is like the exact opposite of Becton and that is a good thing. Give me a pass blocking slimmer OT every day. IMO pass blocking is 10x more important than run blocking for an OL, meaning I would much rather have an elite pass blocker that is an OK run blocker, then a "road grader" that is iffy in pass pro. I become of fan of anyone we pick not named Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

This is a good sign. I was seriously opposed to OT in RD1 but I really liked Fashanu the most of any of them. He is like the exact opposite of Becton and that is a good thing. Give me a pass blocking slimmer OT every day. IMO pass blocking is 10x more important than run blocking for an OL, meaning I would much rather have an elite pass blocker that is an OK run blocker, then a "road grader" that is iffy in pass pro. I become of fan of anyone we pick not named Jamal Adams.

OL will never be a “sexy” pick for a fanbase but it was extremely important. We have an older group with injury concerns so having another young OT for the present and future to protect AR was essential

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I guess the key words are fully guaranteed. Is that the standard now?

Yes I think it’s a fairly recent thing but all 1st round contracts are fully guaranteed 

• Upvote 1