I can almost understand the QB controversy

GandWFan

i am actually much older than 12 thanks. are u? cuz if thats the best you can say back then thats pretty sad. if you read your own post you said that where the ball ends up is directly chads fault because he threw it. so why doesnt that same logic work when clemens throws it?? maybe you can come up with a good answer to that instead of giving me a q&a ok.

Let's review, shall we?

I stated that Chad, whose body of work includes 6 seasons, is directly responsible for the Jets offensive production, as in points, since he is the player whose decisions and execution most directly affect the outcome.

I also state that if Kellen were to be in that position, that he would have the same responsiblity.

Now obviously there are other people involved in the offensive plays but the QB is by far the most influential in determining the outcome across an entire game since he touches the ball each and every play, and makes decisions affecting the outcome.

You counter my assertion with:

everybody keeps saying that kellen should start because he came within a touchdown of winning the game if it wasnt for those 2 dropped balls. well kellens calling the plays so from what your saying that makes those passes kellens direct responsibility then.

If I could paraphrase; Kellen called the plays, so he is responsible for the dropped passes, and the loss. (btw, I never mentioned play calling, only decision making and execution. Kellen was excellent on both counts on both plays)

The above statement shows an inability to understand the context in which my assertion was made. It is just a grade school tit for tat response, without any thought or insight.

That is why I questioned your age. It seemed like an appropriate response from a grade schooler.

I guess I was wrong.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There aren't 5 teams that would take Chad over who they have starting.

Let alone drool over him.

Can you people read?

I said the QB SITUATION AS A WHOLE...

Chad/Kellen/Tui and hell even Ratlliff for fun

not just Chad...

Get it through your heads

thank you

Can you people read?

I said the QB SITUATION AS A WHOLE...

Chad/Kellen/Tui and hell even Ratlliff for fun

not just Chad...

Get it through your heads

thank you

What excatly is the point of analyzing the QB situation as a whole? Only one can play. And the one that does for the Jets, stinks.

What excatly is the point of analyzing the QB situation as a whole? Only one can play. And the one that does for the Jets, stinks.

Are you guys that thickheaded?

We can play either QB Chad or Kellen... not only one can play

What Im saying is everyone is constantly bitching about the QB situation when there is no real problem there...

Are we going to draft a QB next season?

Are we going to trade for or aquire a big name QB?

NO!

The QB position is set... we have the proven Vet and the Young gun...

Thats the point...

Worry about an actual issue on the team and stop bitching about one of our more solid depth positions...

What Im saying is everyone is constantly bitching about the QB situation when there is no real problem there...

NO!

Thats the point...

Worry about an actual issue on the team and stop bitching about one of our more solid depth positions...

Thank you!!!

Our team aside from Chad/Kellen isnt even average at the moment. Well at least there not playing like it!!!

NO!

Thats the point...

Who cares about QB depth. Our starter stinks. Get that through your head.

There is a problem at QB. There are more throws Chad cant make than he can.

Play Kellen, let him take his lumps and decide if he's our QB for the future. If he's not, then we need to address then problem and draft a quarterback.

That is why I questioned your age. It seemed like an appropriate response from a grade schooler.

I guess I was wrong.

ok stay with me on this but you said and i quote "Chad is EXACTLY the problem. he is involved in 100% of the offensive plays. His decisions and execution on each and every play determine the outcome. He is DIRECTLY responsible for scoring."

so when there were 2 dropped balls thats KELLENS execution determining the outcome. that was kellens fault. now do U get it??

Who cares about QB depth. Our starter stinks. Get that through your head.

There is a problem at QB. There are more throws Chad cant make than he can.

Play Kellen, let him take his lumps and decide if he's our QB for the future. If he's not, then we need to address then problem and draft a quarterback.

This team will not draft a QB next season...

Lets play this game...

Fine... let Kellen take his lumps and start for the rest of the year...

Chad will be the best #2 QB in the NFL...

So you have a young guy with a ton of potential starting and the best #2 in the NFL...

Please remind me what the problem with the QB spot is again

please worry about an actuall problem with this team

OG

OT

RB

WR - deep threat to replace Mcdroppins

NT

DE

LB

DB

All of those positions are in more need of an upgrade than Chad/Kellen are at QB

NO!

Thats the point...

Ahh, the worm is starting to turn...

So now, It's not a Chad or Kellen debate. It's that both combined, the QB position is set. I'm sorry, I must have misread your previous 34,564 posts. My bad...

Ahh, the worm is starting to turn...

So now, It's not a Chad or Kellen debate. It's that both combined, the QB position is set. I'm sorry, I must have misread your previous 34,564 posts. My bad...

Would you rather have Carson palmer as your starting QB or "depth" like the Jets apparently have.

I never called Chad an elite QB... so stop trying to be cool guys... nothing is changing I support him as much today as I did last year

I didnt list the Bengals as a team that would rather have our depth.... so wtf was your point? I already basically said I would rather have him... and you just said it again... (insert dunce cap smiley)

What in the name of god does that have to do with anything???

It has to do with ecurbs ridiculous argument that the Jets are set at QB simply because they have "depth"

And the Jets depth qualifies as a crappy QB who cant throw and an unknown.

It has to do with ecurbs ridiculous argument that the Jets are set at QB simply because they have "depth"

And the Jets depth qualifies as a crappy QB who cant throw and an unknown.

Im sorry but you do not complete 82% of throws for 290yrds if you cant throw!!

Seriously some of you guys are ridiculous, Chad has proven himself in this league. Time and time again, out of all 82 of his throws this season. 2, yes 2 have been mistakes.:roll:

I am not here debating that Chad isnt a good QB, but all im saying is that this offense has weapons and CP isnt one, with the defense playing the way it is our offense has no room to be sub par or manageable, penny as restrictions and hurts his RB's because of the way teams scheme for our offense.

Im sorry but you do not complete 82% of throws for 290yrds if you cant throw!!

Seriously some of you guys are ridiculous, Chad has proven himself in this league. Time and time again, out of all 82 of his throws this season. 2, yes 2 have been mistakes.:roll:

Big deal, fact remains because of his inability to throw the deep ball EFFECTIVLY he holds the team back.

this team may very well be 9-7 and sneak in with chad under center all season, but why is that enough for us all of a sudden, do we not want to win the division, or get to a championship game and eventually win a superbowl??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??

EVENTUALLY! YOUR NOT GETTING THE DIVISION THIS SEASON, NOT THE SB, NOTHING, you DON'T HAVE a team for that, with OR without CHAD! No matter who is back there, there are pieces MISSING! That IS THE CASE! Chad to me is NOT the problem!

First of all I said with our QB situation... not JUST Chad... but Chad and Kellen with Tui at #3 not mattering much... but he is also a young 2nd round pick with a live arm.

Bills - Losman sucks, Chad/Kellen > Losman/Edwards

Dolphins

Ravens

Browns - This is debatable but I think Kellen is better than Quinn

Jaguars

Cheifs

Raiders - Culpepper is no better than Chad and Kellen seals the deal

Giants

Redskins

Bears

Lions

Vikings

Falcons

Panthers

Bucs

Cardinals - Clemens > Lienart

Eagles - I think at this point they would rather have an injured Chad and Kellen than an injured Mcnabb and a lost season...

That list is absurd, especially since you think KC isn't ready to be a starter or else Mangini would have played him. What's the point of having a weak starting QB and a guy that isn't even ready to be a starter? Outside of the Bears, the Vikings, the Falcons and I think the Bucs, it is hard to take that list seriously. Face it, there just aren't that many teams that would take Chad, or "the tandem" that you want to look at over what they have now. You only play one starting QB.

EVENTUALLY! YOUR NOT GETTING THE DIVISION THIS SEASON, NOT THE SB, NOTHING, you DON'T HAVE a team for that, with OR without CHAD! No matter who is back there, there are pieces MISSING! That IS THE CASE! Chad to me is NOT the problem!

He is PART of the problem and when you have a peice NOW to fix it, you should!

Archived