I can almost understand the QB controversy

GandWFan

I just rewatched the Buffalo game, and I can see why some folks are still on the Chad bandwagon. This is what I saw:

First Half

The entire first half all CP's passes were either 3-7 yard checkdowns directly in front of him in the middle of the field, a RB in the flat, a screen, or a 2 yard out (almost picked). Absolutely no attempt to throw down the field.

Second Half

On the first possesion of the 2nd half, we went three and out.

On the second possesion, we got an NFL quarterback back. He looked real good. After a couple of checkdowns, he actually threw 2 passes down the field. They were not bullets, but they were accurate, and hit the receiver in stride. I was pleasantly suprised. So we go down and score a TD. I'm like "Cool, maybe he is not so bad after all".

That was it! That was the highlight of the game.

After that the D gives up a FG, and on our next possesion, after another couple of checkdowns, CP throws a really ugly looking INT. They score after a long 25 yd drive. ;)

So now we are down 17-7 and this game is over. Chad did give me one good laugh the rest of the way. On his longest pass of the day, he hit Brad Smith on the sideline. He was wide open and Chad wound up like he was throwing the shot put. The ball travelled about 25 yards in the air, but looking at the QB, you would think he heaved it 60+.

Mercifully, the torrent left off the last 2 minutes, so that is all I've got.

But I can understand why people still love Chad. If he could consistently be the guy that drove the field on our second possesion of the half, no one would be calling for Kellen. Unfortunately, one drive per game is not enough.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He plays just well enough to keep his job. Not necessarily good enough to win.

He shows little fleeting glimpses of being a good quarterback and then it disappears.

It is time for a change.

I think 3 playoff seasons beg to differ.

Chad is a winner, he just had an off day Sunday. He will bounce back!!!

I think 3 playoff seasons beg to differ.

Chad is a winner, he just had an off day Sunday. He will bounce back!!!

Perhaps defenses have finally honed in on what has made the Jets click in recent years and are focussed on the dump offs to Washington and the funky plays to Smith, which leaves the Jets with a running attack that is virtually non-existent (save for the beginning of the second half v MIA) and short passes to Cotch and Coles.

What would a a 'bounce back' look like in your view?

Perhaps defenses have finally honed in on what has made the Jets click in recent years and are focussed on the dump offs to Washington and the funky plays to Smith, which leaves the Jets with a running attack that is virtually non-existent (save for the beginning of the second half v MIA) and short passes to Cotch and Coles.

What would a a 'bounce back' look like in your view?

Eh, a good game vs The Giants.

2+ TD's, no picks + overall solid play so if we lose its not because of him.

I dont care if Chad doesnt do anything spectacular, as long as he gets the job done. H almost did on Sunday, but he made some bad mistakes. It happens every QB!!!

Ok. I'd rather have a QB that can put some pressure on the defense; give the defense something to think about; and give our running game some space with which to work. Even if Chad plays well enough 'not to cost the Jets the Giant game' I would rather see if Clemens is the man around whom to build the offense for the next several years.

I dont care if Chad doesnt do anything spectacular, as long as he gets the job done. H almost did on Sunday, but he made some bad mistakes. It happens every QB!!!

And this, in a nutshell, is the problem.

A good game vs the Giants would be unspectacular play, 14 pts, and no INTs in a loss. That would constitute a good day from the QB position for you.

Wow, talk about lowering you expectations.

I can see why folks say CP's performance was not bad. he was only off on 2 throws! :confused:

To me, good QB play would be 300+ yds passing, 4 TD's and a win.

It's not a matter of Chad doing anything spectacular its a matter of scoring touchdowns and being a productive offense and if we continue to lack a vertical passing game then thomas jones will never get going and will dip and dunk and dip dunk and if we keep playing sideline to sideline football chad will turn the ball over, the d backs in this league are athletic enough to recover to his floaters and make plays. chad will bounce back on sunday but as a collective offense we need to score touchdowns and in our one win this season thomas jones was good, no jones no offense

It's not a matter of Chad doing anything spectacular its a matter of scoring touchdowns and being a productive offense and if we continue to lack a vertical passing game then thomas jones will never get going and will dip and dunk and dip dunk and if we keep playing sideline to sideline football chad will turn the ball over, the d backs in this league are athletic enough to recover to his floaters and make plays. chad will bounce back on sunday but as a collective offense we need to score touchdowns and in our one win this season thomas jones was good, no jones no offense

Chad will not bounce back on Sunday. The Giants have gotten it together. They have a real D. Chad will be his usual "deer in the headlights" QB against a strong rush. If Chad continues to start, we will not win another game until we travel to Miami.

Chad will not bounce back on Sunday. The Giants have gotten it together. They have a real D. Chad will be his usual "deer in the headlights" QB against a strong rush. If Chad continues to start, we will not win another game until we travel to Miami.

Based on previous sub par chad performances he usual does bounce back and play well and to be honest im confident he will. do i tink clemens needs to start NOW, absolutely. The giants defense was amazing sunday night but lets be real a repeat performance of that isnt likely. Reguardless if he bounces back or not we have weapons on offense; cotch, coles, jones, washington and even baker. Our qb is not a weapon there for this offense will not be succesful. Mangini will lose the locker room if he doesnt make the change.

Based on previous sub par chad performances he usual does bounce back and play well and to be honest im confident he will. do i tink clemens needs to start NOW, absolutely. The giants defense was amazing sunday night but lets be real a repeat performance of that isnt likely. Reguardless if he bounces back or not we have weapons on offense; cotch, coles, jones, washington and even baker. Our qb is not a weapon there for this offense will not be succesful. Mangini will lose the locker room if he doesnt make the change.

Agreed... it is already starting

and 1-3 proves your statement?

But, but, but, Chad had two passing touchdowns and one rushing touchdown in the one victory against one of the greatest secondarys in the NFL in Miami's Travis Daniels and Will Allen!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Please he's good enough to win...that's not even a valid statement.

Chadwick threw 4 passes over 7 yards in air. 2 looked good on the first TD drive int he second half. One looked like he wsa trying to throw it out of the stadium. he wound up and ran forward while throwing it. It traveled 25 yards in the air. A HS QB makes that throw without the theatrics. The other was a bomb to McQuiter, which was actually thrown nicely. If McQuiter fights for the ball, it had a chance.

the rest were 3-7 yard curls or crossing routes, screens, or outlet passes in the flat. On yeah, and 2 passes to the wrong color jersey when the game was on the line.

Yup, good enough to win... in some alternate universe.

Not Chad loosing the locker room, but Mangini. Nobody would ever criticize Chad, hes a leader, warrior and locker room guy, just not the QB with the talent to lead this team. If this team continues to fall and 1-3 turns into 1-5 it may get ugly. If the Jets were to fall Sunday and Pennington and the offense struggled and there still wasnt a change things could get ugly.

But I can understand why people still love Chad. If he could consistently be the guy that drove the field on our second possesion of the half, no one would be calling for Kellen. Unfortunately, one drive per game is not enough.

so i guess kellens out too then cuz in his start he only had one good drive down the field in the 4th quarter.

so i guess kellens out too then cuz in his start he only had one good drive down the field in the 4th quarter.

Kellen's 3 quaters were due to the system not him. They had a leash on him, they had no choice to take it off in the 4th quater when they were down if they didnt they would be playing to lose.

Stop it... you're making yourself look silly now... You are comparing someone who has been in the league, frustrating Jets fans, for 6 years, vs the first start for a player who showed skill, physical talent, and most importantly balls.

Stop it... you're making yourself look silly now... You are comparing someone who has been in the league, frustrating Jets fans, for 6 years, vs the first start for a player who showed skill, physical talent, and most importantly balls.

You want Chad to show you his Balls????

I guess the Mods arent the only Homos on this forum.:confused0082:

Btw... speaking of balls.. Did you see right right before one of the delay of game penalties, the Bills showed an all out blitz. Chad looked like he didn't know whether to **** or go blind. He just walked shakily towards the sideline.

i thought we were going to see some kind of direct snap there

im making myself look silly? EVERYBODY IS COMPARING CHAD TO KELLEN. if that werent true then there wouldnt even be an issue about the qb position. and if you were frustrated by last years season after they came off a 4-12 season the year before that then there are some problems with yourself.

im making myself look silly? EVERYBODY IS COMPARING CHAD TO KELLEN. if that werent true then there wouldnt even be an issue about the qb position. and if you were frustrated by last years season after they came off a 4-12 season the year before that then there are some problems with yourself.

Of course I was frustrated last year! You should be too. Chad and the Jets **** the bed against the Pats in the Wildcard game. The regular season is great, but it's just an audition for the good teams to play in the tournament. We weren't and aren't a good team. Chad is a large part of that problem. That frustrates me.

But I guess you are another "winner" who is happy just to be invited to the dance. Enjoy that.

If your not the lead dog, the view doesn't change.

Archived