I can almost understand the QB controversy

GandWFan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't state is as a fact, I said I believe he will, and I gave a logical explanation to why I feel that way.

As did I, if Pennington costs us any more games I believe Clemmens will replace him at some point in the season. I'm not even saying I'm right. I'm saying this is what I think

Same as you.

this is a TEAM effort correct? thats what everyone keeps saying. so lay the **** off chad for once and admit that this team as a whole has problems. ok chad threw one bad pass but there were other factors that happened in that game that cost them the game. the bills are the lowest scoring offense in the league and yet the defense still had trouble stopping the run.

this is a TEAM effort correct? thats what everyone keeps saying. so lay the **** off chad for once and admit that this team as a whole has problems. ok chad threw one bad pass but there were other factors that happened in that game that cost them the game. the bills are the lowest scoring offense in the league and yet the defense still had trouble stopping the run.

I will most certainly not lay off the player who cost us the game. The defense didn't throw the INT to kill the game, no other player did. Chad Pennington, #10 QB of the New York Jets had the final chance to win the game and didn't. It's not that hard to figure out. The team as a whole blew badly. But responsibilty for that last drive, the drive that could have very well won or tied that game lies on Chad's shoulders.

Pennington is a game manager. He doesn't win games. He tries not to lose them. He puts the ball in people's hands and we hope they make plays. Like Leon in Miami last year. IMO, if Leon didn't slip twice on the final drive, the Jets win this game. The two picks basically cost the game and were pretty sad, but I still don't see the whole board wigging out like this based on that performance. You want Clemens fine, but to act like Chad can't win in the league and won't win in league is kind of silly. Everybody is getting all hyped up because the kid had three good drives at the end of the Baltimore game.

I will most certainly not lay off the player who cost us the game. The defense didn't throw the INT to kill the game, no other player did. Chad Pennington, #10 QB of the New York Jets had the final chance to win the game and didn't. It's not that hard to figure out. The team as a whole blew badly. But responsibilty for that last drive, the drive that could have very well won or tied that game lies on Chad's shoulders.

there were plenty of chances to win that game that didnt have anything to do with chad. nugent missed a field goal, the defense blew....again, and mangini needs to get some balls and go on 4th and inches against a ****ty defense if he wants to win some games. there were plenty of mistakes and enough blame to go around the locker room.

Pennington is a game manager. He doesn't win games. He tries not to lose them. He puts the ball in people's hands and we hope they make plays. Like Leon in Miami last year. IMO, if Leon didn't slip twice on the final drive, the Jets win this game. The two picks basically cost the game and were pretty sad, but I still don't see the whole board wigging out like this based on that performance. You want Clemens fine, but to act like Chad can't win in the league and won't win in league is kind of silly. Everybody is getting all hyped up because the kid had three good drives at the end of the Baltimore game.

If Chad Pennington cannot take the team on his shoulders and move them down the field to score he should move over and let someone who can take control. We all know what Chad can and cannot do. He's a thinking QB, he's a great leader etc. He can't throw the deep ball effectivly, and he has yet to provbe he can bring us back from deficits to win games. How many times have you heard of QBs "willing" their team to victory. How many times have you heard of Chad Pennington Willing the Jets to Victory? He's a great guy, and a great thinker, but a medicore QB at best.

there were plenty of chances to win that game that didnt have anything to do with chad. nugent missed a field goal, the defense blew....again, and mangini needs to get some balls and go on 4th and inches against a ****ty defense if he wants to win some games. there were plenty of mistakes and enough blame to go around the locker room.

Nobody's denying any of that, not to mention I agree.

However

Who had the last chance to win and what happened? Good QBs take those situations and get their team a victory, that didn't happen.

If Chad Pennington cannot take the team on his shoulders and move them down the field to score he should move over and let someone who can take control. We all know what Chad can and cannot do. He's a thinking QB, he's a great leader etc. He can't throw the deep ball effectivly, and he has yet to provbe he can bring us back from deficits to win games. How many times have you heard of QBs "willing" their team to victory. How many times have you heard of Chad Pennington Willing the Jets to Victory? He's a great guy, and a great thinker, but a medicore QB at best.

well if chad cant take the team on his shoulders the jets are screwed because kellen certainly cant lead this team. he isant a leader. he may be able to throw farther but he is nowhere near the leader that chad is.

Holy ****, this is out of hand, to put everything on Chad because the last play of the game! Yeah he ****ed up. THEY COULD'VE LET NUGENT OUT THERE TO KICK A ****ING FIELD GOAL AND TIE IT UP! How about that for some ****TY play calling, they could have, instead, went right to Nuge at the end! Tied it up, and maybe got a win in OVERTIME! WOW! All the could haves! We are sitting on a loss that was on the team, including the coaching staff, this is all just stupid, when Chad plays like **** by himself, and the rest of the team plays like gold, talk to me. I'm done tonight, this is just really an ignorant conversation.

well if chad cant take the team on his shoulders the jets are screwed because kellen certainly cant lead this team. he isant a leader. he may be able to throw farther but he is nowhere near the leader that chad is.

Based on what? Everything regarding Clemmens is specualtion. Especially on Clemmens fans such as myself part. As a player WHO would you have more confidence in? The Guy who can make the passes? Or The Guy who gives better pep talks?

Nobody's denying any of that, not to mention I agree.

However

Who had the last chance to win and what happened? Good QBs take those situations and get their team a victory, that didn't happen.

last chance or not, they wouldnt have needed a last chance to win the game had everyone else stepped up their game also.

Holy ****, this is out of hand, to put everything on Chad because the last play of the game! Yeah he ****ed up. THEY COULD'VE LET NUGENT OUT THERE TO KICK A ****ING FIELD GOAL AND TIE IT UP! How about that for some ****TY play calling, they could have, instead, went right to Nuge at the end! Tied it up, and maybe got a win in OVERTIME! WOW! All the could haves! We are sitting on a loss that was on the team, including the coaching staff, this is all just stupid, when Chad plays like **** by himself, and the rest of the team plays like gold, talk to me. I'm done tonight, this is just really an ignorant conversation.

I'm sorry we can't all love Chad as much as you

I will bow my head in shame now.

Good QBs take those situations and get their team a victory, that didn't happen.

So when Brady got sacked vs us in Foxboro to kill the drive giving us the win that makes him a bad QB????

When Brady got picked in the AFC championship game or in the Regular season game (happened in both) vs the Colts in the final drives he is a bad QB????

....Interesting, should have realised that.:roll:

I don't agree. Chad may be mediocre. I'd say he somewhat better than that, but the terminology is not that important. What is important is that there are plenty worse and it's quite possible that Clemens is worse. Just because you "know what Chad can do" doesn't mean you should automatically go for somebody else. Clemens is young and raw and very recently looked to like he could barely handle a huddle, let alone "put the team on his shoulders." If the team is as bad as you all think I'm willing to wait until later in the year to find out. Does anybody honestly think there is a huge difference if Clemens is the '08 starter if he started 13 games in '07 or 7 games?

So when Brady got sacked vs us in Foxboro to kill the drive giving us the win that makes him a bad QB????

When Brady got picked in the AFC championship game or in the Regular season game (happened in both) vs the Colts in the final drives he is a bad QB????

Are you comparing Chad to Brady?? Seriously??

Are you comparing Chad to Brady?? Seriously??

YES I AM!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Similar situation, same result. But if Chad does it he deserves crucifiction. Am I right???

My point is, these things happen every QB, who better than the best QB in the NFL to prove my point.

YOUR STATEMENT WAS BS!!!!!

I don't agree. Chad may be mediocre. I'd say he somewhat better than that, but the terminology is not that important. What is important is that there are plenty worse and it's quite possible that Clemens is worse. Just because you "know what Chad can do" doesn't mean you should automatically go for somebody else. Clemens is young and raw and very recently looked to like he could barely handle a huddle, let alone "put the team on his shoulders." If the team is as bad as you all think I'm willing to wait until later in the year.

I'll have to Disagree with you on one point. What do you call Clemmens' 4th quarter drive? Sure looked like him leading the charge to me. In that quarter, once he got comfortable, he showed us a QB who can make the throws and lead his team downfield when it matters most. And were it not for J-mac, we could very well be 2-2 or better. But as I said, it's all speculation, especially for Clemmens fans.

I'll have to Disagree with you on one point. What do you call Clemmens' 4th quarter drive? Sure looked like him leading the charge to me. In that quarter, once he got comfortable, he showed us a QB who can make the throws and lead his team downfield when it matters most. And were it not for J-mac, we could very well be 2-2 or better. But as I said, it's all speculation, especially for Clemmens fans.

Try the Ravens pass-rush falling to pieces.

YES I AM!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Similar situation, same result. But if Chad does it he deserves crucifiction. Am I right???

My point is, these things happen every QB, who better than the best QB in the NFL to prove my point.

YOUR STATEMENT WAS BS!!!!!

How many times has Tom Brady lead his team to a last minute victory?

How many times has Chad Pennington lead his team to a last minute victory?

You want to compare the two in "similiar situations" there ya go.

How many times has Tom Brady lead his team to a last minute victory?

How many times has Chad Pennington lead his team to a last minute victory?

You want to compare the two in "similiar situations" there ya go.

Thats not my point, my point is it happens every QB and proves your stupid statement to be total.......:pooh:

Tom Brady is a 3 time winning Super Bowl champion, 2 time Super Bowl MVP. Chad Pennington hasn't won jack **** except for the most injuried starting NFL Quarterback.

For every bad game from Tom Brady there are at least 10 great ones.

Tom Brady: 12-2 in the postseason, 3 championships

20 TD's, 9 INT's

Chad Pennington: 2-3 in the postseason

7 TD's, 4 INT's

Indianapolis - 3 TD, 0 INT - 2002

Oakland - 1 TD, 2 INT - 2002

San Diego - 2 TD, 0 INT - 2004

Pittsburgh - 0 TD, 1 INT - 2004

New England - 1 TD, 1 INT - 2006

Tom Brady: 12-2 in the postseason, 3 championships

20 TD's, 9 INT's

Chad Pennington: 2-3 in the postseason

7 TD's, 4 INT's

Indianapolis - 3 TD, 0 INT - 2002

Oakland - 1 TD, 2 INT - 2002

San Diego - 2 TD, 0 INT - 2004

Pittsburgh - 0 TD, 1 INT - 2004

New England - 1 TD, 1 INT - 2006

Thats the most telling stat line right there. Oakland was ready for Chad in '02, having seen him a couple weeks earlier(if memory serves me correctly), so I can look past that one. However, SD's defense was no where near as good as last year, so thats not a shocking win. All in all, you have to see that he hasn't been the same QB since the rotator cuff injury.

He's running out of time, and chances, to prove himself again, if there's any left.

Thats the most telling stat line right there. Oakland was ready for Chad in '02, having seen him a couple weeks earlier(if memory serves me correctly), so I can look past that one. However, SD's defense was no where near as good as last year, so thats not a shocking win. All in all, you have to see that he hasn't been the same QB since the rotator cuff injury.

He's running out of time, and chances, to prove himself again, if there's any left.

I believe Chad will have this season to prove that, at least the rest of the first half, if not the whole thing, I really don't see him getting benched, I think they'll start fresh and have Kellen out there next season if Chad can't get it done this year, JMO. I don't see how we don't get back to .500 by the end of week 8, I really don't, soon as these lines get together, this team will be fine.

WTF???

why?? Cos Im Irish??

Rugby is not out national sport just so you know.

So I cant support football because Im Irish??? hmmm thats twice I've been told that.

Bit of a personal attack do you not think???

Relax, IJ. I was just kidding with ya.

But really, go play rugby for **** sake. :P

I believe Chad will have this season to prove that, at least the rest of the first half, if not the whole thing, I really don't see him getting benched, I think they'll start fresh and have Kellen out there next season if Chad can't get it done this year, JMO. I don't see how we don't get back to .500 by the end of week 8, I really don't, soon as these lines get together, this team will be fine.

Im a HUGE Chad fan, but heres a fact. If you're team is out of playoff contention, whether its the fault of the QB or not, you need to work out your future. Heres another one, Chad is starting to get up there in age, hes not exactly 25, and very rarely do you see guys play as long as Favre with his production. In fact, its really just him.

Archived