M. Turner 143 yards on 8 carries?

Arsis

I was even saying it as a "oh, we should have picked him up when we had the chance" thing. Just that this isn't the kind of stat line I'm used to seeing as a Jet fan so I'm pretty amazed when people do stuff like this.

All in GARBAGE time. End of 1st half when Denver was expecting pass for 40, and then up 34-3 he went 74. Don't get too excited.

yeah, I bet if you gave Thomas Jones blocking and open space like that he'd trip over his un-tied shoelace and fumble the ball.

Hmmm...how about our original 2nd-rounder and $20M in cap space back?

Jones was a dumb pickup. A better OG + another player with Barlow > this OL with Jones.

Wed have our 2nd back, we would have lost our 1st and 3rd, and would have spent JUST AS MUCH MONEY. You had to give him a contract too.

yeah, I bet if you gave Thomas Jones blocking and open space like that he'd trip over his un-tied shoelace and fumble the ball.

This statement basically makes any other post you ever make worthless... Can't respect your opinion after something stupid like this is said.

This statement basically makes any other post you ever make worthless... Can't respect your opinion after something stupid like this is said.

and this is a respectable post? taking such an extreme stance based on a joke really makes you seem like you're someone who exercises sound judgment. I'm going to take anything you say seriously after you get so serious about something I said in jest ;):):P

Hmmm...how about our original 2nd-rounder and $20M in cap space back?

Jones was a dumb pickup. A better OG + another player with Barlow > this OL with Jones.

I knew we should have kept Barlow... Im being serious... he is a better pure RB than Jones

Your basic theory is fine, but... Barlow? Better you had said UDFA RB. Maybe Selvin Young?

How about Kenton Keith - you like that one better?

I've been slammed on this board countless times for suggesting even a nobody at HB at least until the line was in top shape. Oh yeah, but put Thomas Jones behind a line of garbage & suddenly it'll get better? Defenses will respect the run for the first week before it's obvious we can't run the ball with him in there either. Throw into the mix a QB who will not challenge the defense deep AT ALL and you have the perfect recipe for a crappy offense.

Thomas Jones. A 29 year-old RB who's never proven more than merely adequate on a good team in a garbage division in a garbage conference. What a total friggin' waste of dropping out of the top-40 PLUS another garbage contract that renders him uncuttable until he's 31 (and even then will create a $6M hole in our cap). In the meantime, we'll pass up on even more HB's who actually have upside & will have $5M/yr less to spend on an actual stud for either line.

Archived