i am at hofstra today

jetsrule128

All of the LBs sucked yesterday.

Barton got plowed under so many times you probably didnt even see his number under the blue jerseys.

I watched almost every play through binoculars, and mentioned to Cant Hackett what i saw after a lot of plays, including every play that Harris got run over and blew his pass coverage. He blitzed a couple of times and got stood up by OL.

BT made a good play early and disappeared for the rest of the game.

Hobson made a couple of plays, but also got run over every time the vaGiants ran wide.

And btw Vilma forced the fumble that Rhodes ran in for a TD (two in two weeks) and had a pick, so give up the argument that he hasnt made any impact plays. What other defensive player has made three impact plays that resulted in turnovers in two weeks?

The defensive failures are unit wide, and the DL was pretty awful, too.

I thought they got some push with Pouha in there. D-Rob cant get it done.

Ellis made a couple of plays, but got sealed off most every time they ran wide on him.

Dyson needs to push Plax out of bounds and not let him blow by him for a long TD.

They played well in the first half, the vaGiants made some halftime adjustments, and Sutton failed to respond by making any second half adjustments.

Scapegoat all you want, but the entire defense was awful in the second half.

Barton got plowed under so many times you probably didnt even see his number under the blue jerseys.

I watched almost every play through binoculars, and mentioned to Cant Hackett what i saw after a lot of plays, including every play that Harris got run over and blew his pass coverage. He blitzed a couple of times and got stood up by OL.

Hobson made a couple of plays, but also got run over every time the vaGiants ran wide.

And btw Vilma forced the fumble that Rhodes ran in for a TD (two in two weeks) and had a pick, so give up the argument that he hasnt made any impact plays. What other defensive player has made three impact plays that resulted in turnovers in two weeks?

Ellis made a couple of plays, but got sealed off most every time they ran wide on him.

Dyson needs to push Plax out of bounds and not let him blow by him for a long TD.

They played well in the first half, the vaGiants made some halftime adjustments, and Sutton failed to respond by making any second half adjustments.

Cane:

You're right about it being a breakdown by the entire team. I've actually thought that Vilma has looked better the past couple of games. His INT was an impact play that could have/ should have been decisive. However, he didnt cause that fumble. The TV replay clearly shows Rhodes ripping it loose (though Vilma did apply the hit that made the RBs elbow lift from his side).

The problem with Vilma is the same as the problem with Chad. Whether they deserve it or not they will be the focus of criticism for mistakes and weaknesses on their side of the ball. Vilma is a former DROY and ProBowler. People's expectations are high and Vilma has not been outstanding the past two years. He is still a good LB in pursuit, but if the play is coming right at him he is a liability.

You are right to point out that Barton has been terrible and that Harris has not been perfect even against the run, but the truth is that Barton is at the end of his career and Harris at the beginning of his. Vilma should be in his prime and he isnt getting it done. He is going to get most of the criticism.

Rhodes stripped the ball, not Vilma. Vilma was the chief tackler & then Barton jumped in also. But Rhodes stripped the ball, which was only made possible b/c our two ILB'ers together couldn't tackle Jacobs.

On the interception, the ball was thrown squarely between Vilma's numbers. That was one of Eli's brain-farts more than anything else; his doing that is nothing new. I'll certainly credit Vilma with actually catching the ball, but he didn't move more than 3 yards from where he was standing when the ball was snapped.

I'll take your word for it on Harris, as I didn't follow him that closely. Only really saw/heard his name when he was in on a tackle/play.

No argument on the defense laying a group dookie on the field the whole second half.

Rhodes stripped the ball, not Vilma. Vilma was the chief tackler & then Barton jumped in also. But Rhodes stripped the ball, which was only made possible b/c our two ILB'ers together couldn't tackle Jacobs.

On the interception, the ball was thrown squarely between Vilma's numbers. That was one of Eli's brain-farts more than anything else; his doing that is nothing new. I'll certainly credit Vilma with actually catching the ball, but he didn't move more than 3 yards from where he was standing when the ball was snapped.

I'll take your word for it on Harris, as I didn't follow him that closely. Only really saw/heard his name when he was in on a tackle/play.

No argument on the defense laying a group dookie on the field the whole second half.

I saw the replay this morning and saw 51 pull the ballcarriers's arm down, loosening the ball. I didnt see anyone try to disparage Rhodes for picking up the ball and trotting into the EZ. making a play is making a play.

The entire LB unit was horrible, as was the DL. But you have your agenda of hating several certain players so carry on with your hatefest.

Archived