The three types of fans!

lancemehl

1. Chad haters- I can't be too hard on them, because I was a VT hater, since Cleveland, Igot shut up during the magical '98 season(I'm sure Curtis and Parcells and Keyshawn helped a bit,plus we had an NFL "D"), but I , too was a Jets starting QB hater. I HATED Vinny, he sukked and wouldn't go away, like herpes.

Their take- They hate Chad and his style of play, which is now being exposed because we must play catch up every game. And he threw 4 horrible INT's which give them plenty of fuel. The've wanted KC since opening day last year.

2. Chad Lovers - I can't be too hard on them because I'm one, as well. How can you not love Chad? He's a team guy, gritty, play though pain, winner, but he has 2 problems:

1. His style of play and inability to stretch the field allows teams to force him to beat you with his arm, which he can't do. Plus team jump all over our defense every drive, so we're playing catch up with a weak armed QB, they can stack the box, Jones has no lateral moves and we underutilize Leon, BUT

2. He could've overcame all that, had it not been for those 4 ugly ducklings that actually turned 3-2 into 1-4.

Their take- They want Chad as our starter period. He's our leader, he's the guy, KC isn't ready. What they fail to realize is that if Chad is unable to win 8 of the next 11 with our D, we are not going to theplayoffs.

3.Jets Fans -I have inserted myself into this catagory. These are guys who realize that our defense has 11 games to play Harris full time with Vilma and evaluate. Play Pouha and evaluate. Offseason decide on Vilma and BThomas, release DROB and put 250 lbs on that front seven.

Now while all this is going on we will be giving up 30 a game, a C-Note to every RB, and leave QB controversies in our wake!

We have two options on the other side:

1. Continue to play Chad-Ball and only disgrace him further.

2. Let's see if this the last quarter Clemens was on th field is what we can expect every game. I'd love to watch that guy. If that was a fluke , and we've seen plenty of them around here (Nagle,Foley.......), then, great, Chad's "ankle will be healed" and we know EXACTLY what we have at QB. Plus it's not like we aren't giving KC a boatload of weapons to use, besides the O-line, which isn't horrible, especially since KC has a supposed "quick release",it might help the O-line having Clemens in.

In the interest of disclosure,I was a Chad lover before "The Ugly Four". but those INT's are on film and I can't see Tui making four worse throws, sorry.

If we were 3-2 right now, I'd say Chad ALL THE WAY! But we're in real life. KC should start.

Yeah, I like type 3 with the exception of cutting d rob. Not because I think he can start. I just want to try and get something for him or he would make a good back-up. But he is making a lot of dough. I do want to see what Pouha can do. I don't think there is anyone in the draft that can help in the nt department. At least not with the d schemes we are running.

Type 1: The Still rocking the Mullet bud lite swilling douche bag.

Type 2: Shaved head with a goatee, big chip on his shoulder bud swilling douche bag.

Type 3: 9 to 5 job he hates, Chad jersey wearing drinks till he pukes douche bag.

wow, each "Type" represents separate 5 year phases of my life! i must be a Grand Pooba Douche Bag.

and i thought being a Jets fan sucked bad enough.

My fanhood has no category. I have blind faith, like Moses before he parted the Red Sea. I ALWAYS believe the Jets have some mystical power to come from behind, and claw back into things. I've always been like this. But hey, maybe I'm out of touch...maybe I did start loving the Jets when Blair Thomas came on board. I started out loving the Jets because they were great underdogs. Always hard working, never too much of any particular attitude. Just kinda normal, blue collar types. Hell, I feel like the Jets always have a chance in every game...no matter what. They are 'lunch pail' guys.

P.S. I'm from the Philly area and will be at the game this weekend!!! I HATE THE EAGLES AND THEIR FANS. THEY SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!! Whenever I get harassed in Philly for my Jets Jersey I just calmly ask eagles fans how many NFL championships have the Iggles won? EXACTLY!!!!!

BEAT THE EAGLESS!!!!

peace

Archived