I can't disagree with starting Chad

lancemehl

All though anyone who reads my posts knows that I've give, "ad nausem" my reasons why KC should start, but I am willing to give the dissenters until we are mathematically out of it. That point of view I can see:

1. It's easier on Chad's "Ego"-. Although, being a Chad-fan, I think he's tougher than that and i think he'd understand that those INT's stunk,(if not, ClockWork Orange his a$$ in the film room, especially the lob at the goaline!). At least use the "ankle" excuse, but after we are mathematically out OR one more sub-par game and h's gone.

2. I'm willing to give him "One more Chance" - but I mean win the game.Preferrably single handedly, 300 yards 4TD's spraying it around, but t least loosening up the front seven to open TJ and Neon.

Just to re-iterate #2 in big green. I'm willing to adopt the

ONE MORE CHANCE Rule and that mean he get one more chance to be spectacular, Win out, carry us. Be our guy. ONE MORE CHANCE, Chad. Let's see if you're that winner from Marshall.that Legend! Or are you going to fade into obscurity and hand the riegns to your hungry pupil. Who a a fourth quarter that everyone noticed and remember a lot better than the first three when he did his Jack Trudeau imitation.

Next Year:

can't wai to make that list, but right now, CP better play like the greatset QB ever, who he can play like Joe Montana. ONE BAD GAME, even if we win because of ST or defense and he played 120yrds 0 td3 INT goodbye.

Clemens time.

2. I'm willing to give him "One more Chance" - but I mean win the game.Preferrably single handedly, 300 yards 4TD's spraying it around, but t least loosening up the front seven to open TJ and Neon.

.[/quote]

Has Chad Pennington ever done that. I remember Kenny O outdueling Marino 51-45, I remember Vinny bringing us back in the "Monday Night Miracle", I remember Chad....no I never remember him doing anything like that.

I like how I'm supposed to be perfectly happy with another ****ty season. No, I refuse. I'm sick of it, I've been through the freaking Coslet years and the Kotite years. I suffered through Herm's stumbling, and the Al Groh error. I remember Pete Carroll coaching us.

No thanks. I'm not putting myself through that frustration, if Pennington loses yet another game and we have to be mathematically eliminated until someone grows a set and actually tries to improve this team, they can do that without me watching. I personally hope everyone stops buying tickets and just stops supporting the team, maybe that'd get a message across. I'm not going to say that's not being a real fan, because a real fan wants his team to win. Not accept losing pitifully everytime.

I will "stick up for Chad" any chance I can, but he doesn't need any help being compared to Vinny, just put their Jet numbers next to each other. Wins losses ypa comp % INT/TD ratio QB rating all of it, it's in black an white, no sticking up for needed.

Kenny O, different story, nobody gets to talk s--t about Kenny while I'm here LOL

I like how I'm supposed to be perfectly happy with another ****ty season. No, I refuse. I'm sick of it, I've been through the freaking Coslet years and the Kotite years. I suffered through Herm's stumbling, and the Al Groh error. I remember Pete Carroll coaching us.

No thanks. I'm not putting myself through that frustration, if Pennington loses yet another game and we have to be mathematically eliminated until someone grows a set and actually tries to improve this team, they can do that without me watching. I personally hope everyone stops buying tickets and just stops supporting the team, maybe that'd get a message across. I'm not going to say that's not being a real fan, because a real fan wants his team to win. Not accept losing pitifully everytime.

I guess you do not like the product

Join the club, i am flipping the channels more and more after each game, they bore the F out of me, no explosion plays... sick of it

I think you know where I stand. KC should start tomorrow. period. I just "understand" this way.

Of course it's hard to meet someone half way who refuses to budge, which is why I fear we will watch this Trash all year. But what will Mangini say when asked:, "Eric, why did you go 10-6 last year and after a whole offseason of Big name FA RB's and FB's and good Draft Picks are you 3-13?"

I guess you do not like the product

Join the club, i am flipping the channels more and more after each game, they bore the F out of me, no explosion plays... sick of it

I find myself more excited about herm's offense in KC. **** you Mangini and Chad, that's just pathetic.

I think Chad should get one more chance, the INTs have been incredibly costly and have just overshadowed everything, its really annoying cos aside from the Picks he looks a lot more comfortable with this offence than last year. We're completing passes over the middle with ease if we could somehow salvage a running game out of somewhere we could get PA going were he is brilliant.

The thing that really pisses me off is the people who are still blaming his arm, the picks are not becuase of the arm, maybe the last one vs NYG was but at that time he was probaby frustrated and trying to force his throws. The picks have been mainly doen to flat out abd desicions and they can be easily fixed for a QB like Chad. This game vs the Eagles must be a great game for him, anything less than a win or a 4TD no turnover performance can save him now.

He is a good QB still and I really really think we must give him another oppurtunity.

I think Chad should get one more chance, the INTs have been incredibly costly and have just overshadowed everything, its really annoying cos aside from the Picks he looks a lot more comfortable with this offence than last year. We're completing passes over the middle with ease if we could somehow salvage a running game out of somewhere we could get PA going were he is brilliant.

The thing that really pisses me off is the people who are still blaming his arm, the picks are not becuase of the arm, maybe the last one vs NYG was but at that time he was probaby frustrated and trying to force his throws. The picks have been mainly doen to flat out abd desicions and they can be easily fixed for a QB like Chad. This game vs the Eagles must be a great game for him, anything less than a win or a 4TD no turnover performance can save him now.

He is a good QB still and I really really think we must give him another oppurtunity.

5 years isn't enough, you say?

No thanks. I'm not putting myself through that frustration, if Pennington loses yet another game and we have to be mathematically eliminated until someone grows a set and actually tries to improve this team, they can do that without me watching. I personally hope everyone stops buying tickets and just stops supporting the team, maybe that'd get a message across. I'm not going to say that's not being a real fan, because a real fan wants his team to win. Not accept losing pitifully every time.

I've been through all those seasons as well, but I certainly don't look at things in the same way you do. Herm was neither good or bad, he was mediocre. Kotite should never have been hired after the disaster he turned the Eagles into. The others, just didn't work out for whatever reasons. I remember Giants Fans burning their tickets outside Giants Stadium when the were bad. It didn't change anything. Mangini is fashioning the Jets after the Patriots. More teams will follow because these things always work out in trends. It's not working as well as it should right now, because we are undersized. He knows that, but he has to stick with the plan or it will take longer to become the elite team that we will be. The best teams in the league run the 34 and Mangini will have us be one of the best. This year is not a waste, no matter where we finish. The big picture is there and if you look at it, you can see improvement even with the losses. Next years draft and free agent market will help and if we can get a bruiser who can play NT, we're in business. It's difficult, but a true Fan accepts the disappointment and moves on. Forgive, but don't forget. The thing is, this is a new coach and new ownership and new cast of players. If you're a Jets Fan you have to show patience once again and root for the team to win every game they play. There is no question in my mind about the team's future, it's looking up regardless of the present record. now as for the Press conferences, I am in complete agreement with you. It may be a requirement for the Coach to have them, but we don't have to watch them and I don't anymore. I think the media should go to Woody Johnson and ask him to have a sit down with Mangini and tell him to be a little more forthcoming. He doesn't have to tell all, just a little more to satisfy the Fans. I think he's loosened the muzzle on the players, but it's still on. Anyway, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train.:Typotux:

If the Eagles are coming off a bye week and have had plenty of time to gameplan a Pennington led offense, why not start Clemens and throw a curveball at them? Penny can come in for Clemens if he struggles, it would give him a wake up call and if hes called back in he may play inspired football.

Mangini is fashioning the Jets after the Patriots. .:Typotux:

Exactly the problem

We have Drob, they have Wilfork. Their front seven outweighs ours by over 200lbs..

We are not the Patriots. We are NOT the 91 Giants. We are The Jets. We have a speed defense: Vilma, Drob, Ellis, Hobson: speed guys, not BIG GUYS!!

Mangini is modeling us after te ONLY TEAM HE KNOWS!!!. A few years ago he was a second string Varsity O-lineman.

A real NFL coach can look at a team and say," Oh, I see what we got, we gonna do this.Call up him and him"

This KID comes in and says," Ok, we're gonna do EXACTLY what we won with in NE, BUT WE'RE NOT NE, not even close!"

Like I said their defense outweighs us by over 200lbs in the front seven.

IRISH JET,

this is just for you, one on one and you've bashed me in the past, I don't care. I actually agree with you. I love Chad Pennington(as a player,of courselol)! I love him. He is one of my All Time favorite QB's Ever, Him and Kenny O(I was born 2 years after Joe sold our soul)

and I'm Irish, but, 4 things:

1. Chad, Peyton Manning, or Joe himself aren't winning jack with this Mangini Defense.

2. We NEED to evaluate KC and he's our ONLY chance for a Pleasant surprise this year.

3.Did you see those last four INT's??? That would get 70% of the starters in this league benched. At least for a game. He cost us a possible 3-2.

4. We could always bring a "newly motivated" Pennington back at anytime f we feel KC is a dud,but if NOT, then shouldn't we be Happy as JET fans that we had a spark plug on the bench or are we just Chad fans?

Think about those four things.

Here's another way to put it.

Chad CANNOT go out week after week and throw for 300yrds and put up enough points to overcome this defense,but KC MIGHT! I said MIGHT. If not, no harm,no foul.

Plus, did you see ALL four of those INT's?????That lob to the goaline? Explain that,please. I swear, I wish you had a Telestrater to show me EXACTLY what the f--- happened on THAT PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly the problem

We have Drob, they have Wilfork. Their front seven outweighs ours by over 200lbs..

We are not the Patriots. We are NOT the 91 Giants. We are The Jets. We have a speed defense: Vilma, Drob, Ellis, Hobson: speed guys, not BIG GUYS!!

Mangini is modeling us after te ONLY TEAM HE KNOWS!!!. A few years ago he was a second string Varsity O-lineman.

A real NFL coach can look at a team and say," Oh, I see what we got, we gonna do this.Call up him and him"

This KID comes in and says," Ok, we're gonna do EXACTLY what we won with in NE, BUT WE'RE NOT NE, not even close!"

Like I said their defense outweighs us by over 200lbs in the front seven.

That's why they hired him, Woody wanted the Patriots!

Um... Hobson's not fast. Neither are DRob or Ellis. Maybe Thomas is, but he blew donkeys at 4-3 DE and is completely unequipped to play 4-3 OLB. Sure Vilma's fast, let's change our whole D to accomodate him! He made the pro bowl once! As an alternate! This site has no shortage of guys that are willing to badmouth Mangini. I was one of the guys calling for us to stay in the 4-3 last year, but a year in there is no reason to go back and the personnel you cite as being "4-3 suited" simply aren't there.

3.Did you see those last four INT's??? That would get 70% of the starters in this league benched. At least for a game. He cost us a possible 3-2.

4. We could always bring a "newly motivated" Pennington back at anytime f we feel KC is a dud,but if NOT, then shouldn't we be Happy as JET fans that we had a spark plug on the bench or are we just Chad fans?

Nobody benches a qb for just one game. It's not a position for rotation or situational benchings. You either bench the guy or you don't. There must be a reason that they aren't giving Kellen a chance. It seems they didn't take the wraps off the O until the 4th against the Ravens. I thought that would work in his favor, but maybe they don't feel he grasps it all yet.

Archived