Mangini might be thinking Draft Picks

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

dude, learn to spell and use sentences.

From what I gathered you said that you dont want a playoff hopeful team in 2008.

Again, how much game experience did Tom Brady have before he came in in 2001?

How much did Penny have when he came in in 2002 and lead us to an 8-3 regular season record and a playoff romp over the Colts?

Game experience really isnt all that important.

What is important is making sure that you put your future QB in at the right time and when he is ready, for if you rush him in it wont help him at all.

fu on the grammar, who gives a shiit,, i m typing fast,,this isnt school,,although your ideas make me think u r still in school,,, on not being ready yet,, experience never hurt,,

u r clueless to think playing kc now wouldnt help..

unreal,,

so what if brady didnt play,,we have a chance now since season doen to get him some,,and if he fails we draft someone else..

man,, u don thave a clue,,to say game experience doesnt mean anything,,of course it does,, so what if SOME have done well before,, i bet if u asked them they would tell you they became better with,,drum roll,,GAME EXPERIENCE,,haha,, what a dolt..

fu on the grammar, who gives a shiit,, i m typing fast,,this isnt school
Well, if I knew what you were saying in your posts without making an effort to translate them would make it easier for me...

,,although your ideas make me think u r still in school

And your grammar makes me think you never went to school.:Nuts:

,,, on not being ready yet,, experience never hurt,,

If he's not ready to go it can...

u r clueless to think playing kc now wouldnt help..

unreal,,

And you are clueless if you think you can improve a team by throwing in a QB whose not ready to assume the starting role when the rest of the team is behind the incumbent.

so what if brady didnt play,,we have a chance now since season doen to get him some,,and if he fails we draft someone else..

So basically if Clemens doesnt do well in a lost season on a team where QB is far from the only concern, then we ditch him and go after someone else?

man,, u don thave a clue,,to say game experience doesnt mean anything

He'll get game experience next year or whenever he's ready to start and is able to beat out Pennington for the job.

I didnt say we should.

In fact, I was arguing against the argument that the only reason Penny is in is because of draft picks.

Mangini isnt stupid enough to try and lose on purpose to gain spots on draft day (for all the reasons stated in previous posts)... and we would lose worse if CLemens and the 2nd team were in now.

I think if people are for benching Chad in favor of CLemens just so we can see what we have, and the season is a lost cause... then we should be doing that at every position, not just QB. But no one else has the balls to say it... they just want to stick with the easy one, QB.

Mangini knows he cant give up on the season until we are eliminated from the playoffs. He knows he cant ask for 100% out of his players if he's willing to tank the rest of the season. The man has a plan and is sticking to it. I like that. I like he doesnt let popular opinion dictate how he runs his team. I just hope he knows what the f*ck he's doing.

I think we'll see Clemens after the bye week, but not before.

Mangini isnt stupid enough to try and lose on purpose to gain spots on draft day (for all the reasons stated in previous posts)... and we would lose worse if CLemens and the 2nd team were in now.

I think if people are for benching Chad in favor of CLemens just so we can see what we have, and the season is a lost cause... then we should be doing that at every position, not just QB. But no one else has the balls to say it... they just want to stick with the easy one, QB.

Mangini knows he cant give up on the season until we are eliminated from the playoffs. He knows he cant ask for 100% out of his players if he's willing to tank the rest of the season. The man has a plan and is sticking to it. I like that. I like he doesnt let popular opinion dictate how he runs his team. I just hope he knows what the f*ck he's doing.

I think we'll see Clemens after the bye week, but not before.

I agree with you 100%.

Think about this for a sec.... When Mangini took over the helm he was expecting to get a Jets team that wasn't that good, we have been up & down in wins the last couple of years . So, Mangini comes in sees what he has to work with, then we go 10-6.By then mangini was (In Shock) had to be thinking wow I can't believe we are winning some of these games .He must have thought he would be scouting for draft pics by now.Now we are here in year 2 , Mangini does not want to put the kid in Why? Who Knows ...maybe to protect him from getting killed by our o-line or to get better players to suround him with... Who knows? Maybe he wants more higher picks in the draft to fill some really much needed holes on these lines?? maybe.jmo

Now we have Chad, The coach must fell something for the poor guy ..Who knows?He might want chad to have his last Hurr Raa ..but who can say for sure magini is a boarder line mute.Anyhow, The coach must be thinking now that this season is over for sure .I'm Not saying he is tanking the season but he has to be thinking about getting some More Talented players from higher picks in the draft and some big ugly's for our awful D & O-lines.You almost have to wonder if he wanted to do it like the old greats that did it threw the drafts ,you know like the Jimmy johnson's of the Nfl.I say let chad do his thing for the rest of the year ,We get some Draft picks and start the 2008 season fresh with the kid and some new editions on our team.

I don't know what to think anymore?? This coach doesn't say much but I think he has Something up his sleeves.i'm tellin ' ya this guy is a Slickster... he has a plan ,I hope.:confused:

The problem with that thinking is that everyone thinks Mangini's a good coach and knows what he's doing. He sucks, he's ruined who could've been (and will be for someone else) a fantastic MLB'er for us.

He's in over his head and he will go the way of the Groh!!!He's gone. I don't want to hear about his "maste plan" He sucks and he's gone.

I can only hope we salvage Vilma out of this. And whoever takes over this 1-15 team does the right thing in the draft.

The problem with that thinking is that everyone thinks Mangini's a good coach and knows what he's doing. He sucks, he's ruined who could've been (and will be for someone else) a fantastic MLB'er for us.

He's in over his head and he will go the way of the Groh!!!He's gone. I don't want to hear about his "maste plan" He sucks and he's gone.

I can only hope we salvage Vilma out of this. And whoever takes over this 1-15 team does the right thing in the draft.

I understand that theres a gaping hole in your heart where your man crush on Chad used to be. And naturally there is an urge to fill that hole. But if you watch Vilma play, he gets annihilated by anyone who even thinks about blocking him. That wouldn't fly in a 4-3 either. He's a good 4-3 MLB not a great one. Its football, not tag goddamnit.

if we do get a top five pick, we need to trade down. One player is not going to make a difference when we have two poor OLB's, a bad NT, an aging DE, a weak MLB, and no second corner...

that doesn't even touch on the offense.

but isnt the offense a benched QB away from being awesome???

We can concentrate on our D in FA and the draft since our offense is awesome.

i don't follow the humor...?

both sides of the ball suck an equal amount of knob.

according to everything I've read here and in the media, and heard on TV and radio, Clemens will be our saviour... so we can concentrate on defense since Clemens will solve our offensive woes.

(i do agree about our D 100%... Im just in a sarcastic mood today)

according to everything I've read here and in the media, and heard on TV and radio, Clemens will be our saviour... so we can concentrate on defense since Clemens will solve our offensive woes.

(i do agree about our D 100%... Im just in a sarcastic mood today)

I don't think anyone thinks starting Clemens will solve everything. But it would help resolve the QB situation. If we had a viable option behind Anthony Clement, I would be in favor of starting him.

I don't think anyone thinks starting Clemens will solve everything. But it would help resolve the QB situation. If we had a viable option behind Anthony Clement, I would be in favor of starting him.

are you implying our QB's get hit too much? They don't seem to be under anymore pressure than the average team (and seeing as we are far below average, this is a good thing).

Clement gets a bum wrap. He's no stud, but he has been holding his own this year, and to me he is doing a good job.

are you implying our QB's get hit too much? They don't seem to be under anymore pressure than the average team (and seeing as we are far below average, this is a good thing).

Clement gets a bum wrap. He's no stud, but he has been holding his own this year, and to me he is doing a good job.

my 2 biggest problems with the o-line is they dont do a great job run blocking and in key situations they cant hold the line. That is what cost us last week. They couldnt stop anyone when it counted.

No, the pass protection has been pretty good. However Clement has been the weak link in pass protection and run blocking. The guy is freaking huge but gets no push.

I was just trying to make a point to LBS. The line is a problem but we don't have viable backups. We have a viable backup QB who really can't be any worse than the one whose starting now, and might just be alot better.

No, the pass protection has been pretty good. However Clement has been the weak link in pass protection and run blocking. The guy is freaking huge but gets no push.

I was just trying to make a point to LBS. The line is a problem but we don't have viable backups. We have a viable backup QB who really can't be any worse than the one whose starting now, and might just be alot better.

The thought seems to be Bender replaces him in a year or so. I couldn't agree more that we need significant improvement in our O-line. I get tired of watching this be a problem for us every season.

but isnt the offense a benched QB away from being awesome???

We can concentrate on our D in FA and the draft since our offense is awesome.

Right now the offense is around third worst in the league. Changing QBs ought to improve that, and even if it didn't it's not like we have very far to fall. If Clemens is supposed to be the QB of the future and really has the goods, we want to see him play, because Chad has too many limitations. A CP led offense has never been tops in the league, not even top half, and that includes the years he's had a HoF RB, a top OL, and WRs that have gone to the pro bowl, just not with him as QB. QB is the most important position on the field, that's why these guys get paid the big bucks and why a franchise QB turns around a team's fortunes. Chad Pennington is not a franchise QB.

You know who I love and what I miss? The Chad lovers who said "If Kellen was so good, why hasn't he beaten out Chad by now!?" Nice job by Chad only getting the job when Vinny went down, 2 and a quarter years into his career.

START CLEMENS!

Well both Mangini and Tannenbaum said thay Clemens is a project...

Hopefully he'll be ready to start by next season, or maybe even some point this season.

Patience is important in times like this.

they can use whatever political terms they want ,,but you dont draft projects at top iof 2nd round,,me thinks they were being polictically corect in defference to chads feelings when using the 'project' word..chad knew better,,,if he was a 4th /5th rounder thats different,, but the 30-something pick in draft is NEVER considered a project by those in the draft room,,trust me

Well both Mangini and Tannenbaum said thay Clemens is a project...

Hopefully he'll be ready to start by next season, or maybe even some point this season.

Patience is important in times like this.

they can use whatever political terms they want ,,but you dont draft projects at top iof 2nd round,,me thinks they were being polictically corect in defference to chads feelings when using the 'project' word..chad knew better,,,if he was a 4th /5th rounder thats different,, but the 30-something pick in draft is NEVER considered a project by those in the draft room,,trust me

In 2006, the Jets were in every game except the Jags. They almost came back on the Pats and Colts, even. No dobt though that the OL and defense played better last year. A plyoff berth is never a bad thing, just may be totally unexpected even by the CS. A vicitm of their own unanticipated success, perhaps?

This year so far they've been in every game except the Pats game. I don't totally buy the "they just didn't get the breaks" idea Bit had on another thread. But it's not far off. Closer may be that the players made those 5 or 6 big plays last year on which every game turns and aren't making them this season.Could be some players like Pennington and Vilma and others will never be that good again.

we were shut out twice last year! We squeaked by in several othersd against weaker opposition. We were new and fresh. This year we are a used up old machine in need of an oil change! BIT says a lot and is seldom right! he dumped all over OKOYE in the draft saying it would take the guy 5 years to grow into a starter! Guess what? he starts freo HOUSTON and already has 4 sacks and many pressures! he stiops the run game. I no longer use BIT as a source of info. he is too biasesed. We stink!

In 2006, the Jets were in every game except the Jags. They almost came back on the Pats and Colts, even. No dobt though that the OL and defense played better last year. A plyoff berth is never a bad thing, just may be totally unexpected even by the CS. A vicitm of their own unanticipated success, perhaps?

This year so far they've been in every game except the Pats game. I don't totally buy the "they just didn't get the breaks" idea Bit had on another thread. But it's not far off. Closer may be that the players made those 5 or 6 big plays last year on which every game turns and aren't making them this season.Could be some players like Pennington and Vilma and others will never be that good again.

we were shut out twice last year! We squeaked by in several othersd against weaker opposition. We were new and fresh. This year we are a used up old machine in need of an oil change! BIT says a lot and is seldom right! he dumped all over OKOYE in the draft saying it would take the guy 5 years to grow into a starter! Guess what? he starts freo HOUSTON and already has 4 sacks and many pressures! he stiops the run game. I no longer use BIT as a source of info. he is too biasesed. We stink!

Archived