Justin Miller ACL Surgery

Mandarinia

Ouch.

Its a shame, JM was projected to be the #1/2 CB until he got injured twice (once in TC and once in the reg season).

Hopefully he'll be able to recover and be productive for us in the future. Mangini seems to have a special liking for him.

Special liking for him????

Why?

IMO he's a goner, all he could do for us effectively was return kicks and I think Leon has shown he is more than capable in that department. I dont see any reason for keeping him around next year.

Special liking for him????

Why?

IMO he's a goner, all he could do for us effectively was return kicks and I think Leon has shown he is more than capable in that department. I dont see any reason for keeping him around next year.

He just has.

I think JM really improved this offseason and was good enough to beat out Dyson for the #2 spot. Unfortunately he got 2 injuries and he's now out for the season.

He's still only 24 though and Mangini is most well known for being a good DB coach, so we'll see.

I hope he can recover and come back to take over the #2 spot.

He just has.

I think JM really improved this offseason and was good enough to beat out Dyson for the #2 spot. Unfortunately he got 2 injuries and he's now out for the season.

He's still only 24 though and Mangini is most well known for being a good DB coach, so we'll see.

I hope he can recover and come back to take over the #2 spot.

Did you see him before the injury, he got roasted in week 1. He was all over the place. personally I never want to see him on this team again.

GGM thinks everyone we draft turns into a pro bowler and that no other team in the league ever drafts anyone. I guess it's good to be optimistic but it's unrealistic to think we are going to be contenders next year or the year after. Max made the thread as a joke.

(in response to the other thread and this thread)

GGM thinks everyone we draft turns into a pro bowler and that no other team in the league ever drafts anyone. I guess it's good to be optimistic but it's unrealistic to think we are going to be contenders next year or the year after. Max made the thread as a joke.

(in response to the other thread and this thread)

No. I do not think everyone we draft is going to be a pro bowler.

But I do think we need to build through the draft and develop the young players we have on this team so that they can be reliable in the future.

I do not think its unrealistic that we can be contenders in 09. And just because every other team drafts, well, every other team signs FA's and makes some trades every once in a while as well. So, I dont really get your point.

No. I do not think everyone we draft is going to be a pro bowler.

But I do think we need to build through the draft and develop the young players we have on this team so that they can be reliable in the future.

I do not think its unrealistic that we can be contenders in 09. And just because every other team drafts, well, every other team signs FA's and makes some trades every once in a while as well. So, I dont really get your point.

I agree that we need to build through the draft. That's why having only 2 day one draft picks is not a good idea, and trading for 29 year old RBs is not rebuilding. They weren't rebuilding, this FO was planning on being a contender this year.

I agree that we need to build through the draft. That's why having only 2 day one draft picks is not a good idea, and trading for 29 year old RBs is not rebuilding. They weren't rebuilding, this FO was planning on being a contender this year.

Well, quite frankly, I think having Harris and Revis might be better then having three or four players, and none of them as good as those two.

And as to the TJones trade-we needed an everydown back. We just drafted a RB the draft before. I think TJ is a good everydown back that is more then worth what we paid for him.

Physically gifted yet pure and utter crap!!!

That's an insult to Miller. Miller actually tries and does succeed. His technique just isn't there yet but he does try. He doesn't back down from playing against elite players either. Right now his skills just aren't at the same level as his heart and physically. Give him another year or two and I think Miller can develop into a great #2/borderline #1.

I see this theory floated around. You have stated your case, but I'm not sure I buy it. If they were planning on being a contender this year why did they keep $10M in cap space and ship Kendall? It would seem that they would want to use every bullet if they actually thought they could contend. I am going with the: "they stockpiled cap space and plan to dive in head first this offseason" theory. Is it valid? Probably not, but that is as optimistic as I get.

Why not ?

Arrestee. I think he'll be around.

I see this theory floated around. You have stated your case, but I'm not sure I buy it. If they were planning on being a contender this year why did they keep $10M in cap space and ship Kendall? It would seem that they would want to use every bullet if they actually thought they could contend. I am going with the: "they stockpiled cap space and plan to dive in head first this offseason" theory. Is it valid? Probably not, but that is as optimistic as I get.

Arrestee. I think he'll be around.

Cap space doesn't carry over.

I believe it's all gone. They pre-paid future salaries this year. Some to lower the cap, some to increase trade value. Like JMac - his 2008 salary was around $3M as of two weeks ago. Now it's $1M. Doubt he just took a straight pay cut. They gave him next year's $2M this year. DRob's '08 salary actually went UP. Haven't thought as to why yet.

But I don't think they left cap room on the books. If they did, it's a colossal accounting blunder to at least fail to shift it over to 2008 by paying some 2008 salaries in 2007.

That's an insult to Miller. Miller actually tries and does succeed. His technique just isn't there yet but he does try. He doesn't back down from playing against elite players either. Right now his skills just aren't at the same level as his heart and physically. Give him another year or two and I think Miller can develop into a great #2/borderline #1.

I agree.

BTW, you just did a complete 180 turn since your last post in this thread, lol.

What has he contributed to this team only outside of the return game? We've shown we can excell in that area without him so IMO there is absolutely no reason to keep him. On defence, he is a liability to say the least.

Not at the CB position. We need all the help we can get there. Revis is turing out to be the player we hoped he would be, but what about the other CB's?

BTW, you just did a complete 180 turn since your last post in this thread, lol.

How so? I'm always for giving these young players a chance to see what they will turn into. I might not be high on Brick but I want to see him play, same with KC, I don't know what he can do but I want to see. My problem is with the Vilmas, DRobs, Ellis of the world that I already know what they give me, and it's not enough. When we start getting rid of these guys I will be more confident in this FO. Remember it took them half a season worth of losing to replace Chad with Clemens.

How so? I'm always for giving these young players a chance to see what they will turn into. I might not be high on Brick but I want to see him play, same with KC, I don't know what he can do but I want to see. My problem is with the Vilmas, DRobs, Ellis of the world that I already know what they give me, and it's not enough. When we start getting rid of these guys I will be more confident in this FO. Remember it took them half a season worth of losing to replace Chad with Clemens.

Both of their contracts expire after next season...Thats when they will be gone.

As far as doing a 180', when I made a similar post to yours you said "GGM thinks everyone we draft will be a probowler as if no other team drafts" (or something like that).

Wait...Wait....

Nope, nothing there.

Not funny.

Thats funny. Here is more fun.

April 19, 2004

Patriots CB Ty Law Arrested

BY: Ian Logue/PatsFans.com

After what had been a quiet few weeks for Patriots cornerback Ty Law's name is back in the news again.

The Boston Globe reported on Monday that Law was arrested early Saturday morning in Miami on misdemeanor charges of failure to obey a police officer and resisting an officer without violence.

According to the newspaper Law, who has an offseason home in Miami, spent several hours in custody before being released on a $1,500 cash bond.

The incident reportedly occurred during a traffic stop in the South Beach section of Miami at about 1 a.m. according to the police report. Law reportedly arrived at Miami Beach County Jail at 4:30 a.m. before posting bond at around 6:15 a.m.

Law's agent, Carl Poston, told the Globe that according to Law officers were directing traffic, didn't understand the instructions, said so, and was instructed to pull over. Poston also told the newspaper that one of the officers used excessive force and went so far as to toss the veteran's wallet in his face.

Poston also told the newspaper that Law is considering filing a complaint.

"Basically, it was a routine traffic stop that turned into a misunderstanding due to an overzealous police officer," Poston said. "Ty is weighing his options."

Law's story differs from the initial report published by the Quincy Patriot Ledger. According to that newspaper Law initially pulled over, but then sped off in his 2004 Rolls-Royce. Two officers then reportedly chased Law south down Collins Avenue before the cornerback pulled over again and left the car. However when police instructed him to put his hands behind his back, he reportedly "became agitated'' and ran.

When the two officers caught up to him, police told the newspaper that Law said "not to touch him because he is a professional athlete."

This likely doesn't bode well for Law after the veteran has called his coach a "liar" and voiced to every media outlet that would listen that he no longer wants to play in New England.

For now the team didn't have much to say about the incident.

"We're aware of the report," Patriots spokesman Stacey James told the Globe, "and we're attempting to gather more information. We don't have any comment at this time."

Cap space doesn't carry over.

I'm fully aware that cap space doesn't carry over. Unless... you move salary from next year to this year. They apparently did this with Kenyon Coleman and if what Sperm is saying below is correct JMac.

I wasn't even talking about using this year's cap next year-though they had better do everything to use up the extra '07 cap or I'll be monumentally pissed. I meant they didn't blow huge money on multi-year guys like Leonard Davis and they front loaded Thomas Jones. They will have a ton of room next year. Especially if they dump some dead wood. Consider the DRob, Penny, Jmac, Barrett and Barton salaries. Some of those can come off the books and offer big savings fairly soon.

I believe it's all gone. They pre-paid future salaries this year. Some to lower the cap, some to increase trade value. Like JMac - his 2008 salary was around $3M as of two weeks ago. Now it's $1M. Doubt he just took a straight pay cut. They gave him next year's $2M this year. DRob's '08 salary actually went UP. Haven't thought as to why yet.

But I don't think they left cap room on the books. If they did, it's a colossal accounting blunder to at least fail to shift it over to 2008 by paying some 2008 salaries in 2007.

Thank God. Unfortunately I wouldn't be shocked by "a colossal accounting blunder".

Archived