Funny Hypothetical

Maxman

I stay awake at night and try to anticipate ways that the Patriots will screw over the Jets. I thought of this one last night.

The Jets end up with the #2 pick in the draft. The Patriots via the 49ers end up with the top pick in the draft.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the Patriots just basically wasted the pick by taking the player they knew the Jets wanted even if they didn't need that position. Ah, good times.

Leaving player names out of it. Just say the Jets decided they needed a franchise QB. The Pats don't but if they wasted that pick just to f with us, that would be par for the course. The Pats are 16 and 0. Another Super Bowl victory. And they have a better pick in the draft. Doesn't get much better than that.

:bag:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the Patriots just basically wasted the pick by taking the player they knew the Jets wanted even if they didn't need that position. Ah, good times.

I've actually thought about that as well, although it's definitely not keeping me awake at night....weirdo.

I think it goes more like this.

Pats go 15-1 this year.

Jets cut Chad after the season and the Pats immediatly sign him.

Brady goes down in week one. Chad proceeds to throw a new NFL record 75 TD passes and the pats go 16-0 and win the super bowl.

The only two posters left on Jets message boards are ecurb and patsfantx and they still can't agree on anything - but bot hare somehow right about all of their past predictions.

Other Jets posters are scene jumping from tall buildings everywhere.

You should get more sleep and not worry about such trivial things like draft picks.

I know, I know, you wanna punch me. Go ahead. :fighting0093:

I would never punch you. Your husband may punch like a girl but that is one mean open hand slap he has. I want no part of having him mad at me.

:)

I stay awake at night and try to anticipate ways that the Patriots will screw over the Jets. I thought of this one last night.

The Jets end up with the #2 pick in the draft. The Patriots via the 49ers end up with the top pick in the draft.

Leaving player names out of it. Just say the Jets decided they needed a franchise QB. The Pats don't but if they wasted that pick just to f with us, that would be par for the course. The Pats are 16 and 0. Another Super Bowl victory. And they have a better pick in the draft. Doesn't get much better than that.

And to take it a step further, the QB they take becomes the heir apparent to Brady and he wins several more SB's for the Pats...oh yeah, I can see it happening.:character0282:

Pats go 15-1 this year.

Brady goes down in week one. Chad proceeds to throw a new NFL record 75 TD passes and the pats go 16-0 and win the super bowl.

The only two posters left on Jets message boards are ecurb and patsfantx and they still can't agree on anything - but bot hare somehow right about all of their past predictions.

we have a history for that

Pats go 15-1 this year.

I usually fall asleep before things get that bad in my mind. I never even thought of the Pats signing Chad as a backup. You know they would win the Super Bowl with him. We would read an article that Belly had him change the position of his elbow and now he is firing the ball all over the field like Favre.

Gotta throw up now, lol.

No the Patriots will take another player that they need and send a letter of apology to the guy the Jets draft saying that when he gets sick of losing, the Pats will leave the door open after his contract expires.

Archived