Fire Brian Schottenheimer

Sandy The Sixth

Whenever my dad and I talk about the Jets, we're always saying how they should fire Brian Schottenheimer. I found a site where the guy has been saying what we've been saying all along. He posted some crazy stats about the Dallas game. Kinda makes you think:

http://walterfootball.com/topstory.php

Take a look at the Jets-Cowboys write-up. I dunno how long it took him to compile those numbers, but it def. says a lot!

lol -- if he didn't post just as strongly about the likes of Alge Crumpler on that same page, I'd think this guy was a bitter Jets fan.

cowboysb_logo.gifjetsb_logo.gif Dallas Cowboys 34, New York Jets 3:

Let's talk about the Jets first because I have a lot to say about them. It's one thing to not show up to a meaningless game toward the end of the season that is limited to two fanbases. It's another to play lethargically in front of a national audience. The Jets should be ashamed of themselves. The receivers slacked on their routes, the offensive line forgot how to block,and the coaching staff, especially one individual in particular - I'll get to him soon - had no gameplan.

That said, maybe the Jets gave up after blowing multiple breaks early. They allowed Dallas to convert a 3rd-and-9 on the first drive after a false start. They dropped a pick in Cowboys territory. They failed to recover a fumble at midfield. They also bobbled the ball at their own 1-yard line on a punt, letting it dribble into the end zone. And Leon Washington fumbled the ball away on a kickoff return. All of this was early in the first half.

And now for the Thanksgiving Turd. That award belongs to Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who continuously and predictably called running plays on first down, placing his first-year-starting signal caller in second-and-long, allowing Dallas' defense to feast on him.

Here are some interesting stats. These are from the first three quarters, when the game was still in hand.

Series in which Schottenheimer called a run on first down:

Times a Run Was Called: 11

Average Yards Gained on Series: 6.0

Number of First Downs: 3

Number of Sacks/Fumbles/Interceptions/Penalties: 5

Number of Punts/Turnovers at End of Series: 8

Series in which Schottenheimer called a pass on first down:

Times a Pass Was Called: 3

Average Yards Gained on Series: 14.0

Number of Sacks/Fumbles/Interceptions/Penalties: 0

Number of Punts/Turnovers at End of Series: 0

Part of being a coach is figuring out what works and adjusting to it. Part of being an offensive coordinator is to confuse the defense with unpredictable play-calling. Apparently, Schottenheimer doesn't have the foresight to be an offensive coordinator in this league. Instead, he repeatedly put his first-year-starting quarterback in an unfavorable position.

He needs to be fired at the end of the year. If he isn't, the Jets will once again suffer through a losing season. I wouldn't even be surprised if Clemens gets hurt because of Schottenheimer's ineptness.

Halftime performance: Question - was the person who helped put on Kelly Clarkson's mascara Hellen Keller? It looked as if the makeup artist was blind or smoking crack while doing the job. And by the way, how did she win American Idol? She can't sing!

Allegedly it's all the fault of the O-line and having a rookie QB, and not Schott's ineptness. That is according to Barton and several others. I was bitching about this in the gamethread and a while after that. A friend of mine that wasn't online during the game actually told me he was wondering what I thought while he was watching the first half. I linked him to our gamethread and he seemed to be thoroughly entertained. Boy that was frustrating for me, as I'm sure it was obvious.

lol -- if he didn't post just as strongly about the likes of Alge Crumpler on that same page, I'd think this guy was a bitter Jets fan.

cowboysb_logo.gifjetsb_logo.gifDallas Cowboys 34, New York Jets 3:

Let's talk about the Jets first because I have a lot to say about them. It's one thing to not show up to a meaningless game toward the end of the season that is limited to two fanbases. It's another to play lethargically in front of a national audience. The Jets should be ashamed of themselves. The receivers slacked on their routes, the offensive line forgot how to block,and the coaching staff, especially one individual in particular - I'll get to him soon - had no gameplan.

That said, maybe the Jets gave up after blowing multiple breaks early. They allowed Dallas to convert a 3rd-and-9 on the first drive after a false start. They dropped a pick in Cowboys territory. They failed to recover a fumble at midfield. They also bobbled the ball at their own 1-yard line on a punt, letting it dribble into the end zone. And Leon Washington fumbled the ball away on a kickoff return. All of this was early in the first half.

And now for the Thanksgiving Turd. That award belongs to Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who continuously and predictably called running plays on first down, placing his first-year-starting signal caller in second-and-long, allowing Dallas' defense to feast on him.

Here are some interesting stats. These are from the first three quarters, when the game was still in hand.

Series in which Schottenheimer called a run on first down:

Times a Run Was Called: 11

Average Yards Gained on Series: 6.0

Number of Sacks/Fumbles/Interceptions/Penalties: 5

Number of Punts/Turnovers at End of Series: 8

Series in which Schottenheimer called a pass on first down:

Times a Pass Was Called: 3

Average Yards Gained on Series: 14.0

Number of Sacks/Fumbles/Interceptions/Penalties: 0

Number of Punts/Turnovers at End of Series: 0

Part of being a coach is figuring out what works and adjusting to it. Part of being an offensive coordinator is to confuse the defense with unpredictable play-calling. Apparently, Schottenheimer doesn't have the foresight to be an offensive coordinator in this league. Instead, he repeatedly put his first-year-starting quarterback in an unfavorable position.

He needs to be fired at the end of the year. If he isn't, the Jets will once again suffer through a losing season. I wouldn't even be surprised if Clemens gets hurt because of Schottenheimer's ineptness.

Halftime performance: Question - was the person who helped put on Kelly Clarkson's mascara Hellen Keller? It looked as if the makeup artist was blind or smoking crack while doing the job. And by the way, how did she win American Idol? She can't sing!

No I think it was Schottenheimer actually. Did she bellow more than one song? I could not tell where one ended and another began.

Allegedly it's all the fault of the O-line and having a rookie QB, and not Schott's ineptness. That is according to Barton and several others. I was bitching about this in the gamethread and a while after that. A friend of mine that wasn't online during the game actually told me he was wondering what I thought while he was watching the first half. I linked him to our gamethread and he seemed to be thoroughly entertained. Boy that was frustrating for me, as I'm sure it was obvious.

Exactly. Four starts should be more than enough to establish yourself as an NFL QB. Especially with studs like Brasdon Moore, Adrien Clarke and the redoubtable Anthony Clement charged with the task of keeping you upright. And having a dozen WR drops over three games is no excuse. Suck it up, KC, Schott is putting you in good situations.

I might be on this bandwagon too, except he didn't seem to be so predictable last year. I can't imagine he suddenly woke up and decided to be boring and start sucking. What's the deal on all the audibles? There were supposed to be several options the qb had when Penny was at the helm. Did they stop all that with Clemens? Could Clemens be calling the vanilla play? I don't know, but either Penny did a hell of job last year or something else is up cause this blows.

I might be on this bandwagon too, except he didn't seem to be so predictable last year. I can't imagine he suddenly woke up and decided to be boring and start sucking. What's the deal on all the audibles? There were supposed to be several options the qb had when Penny was at the helm. Did they stop all that with Clemens? Could Clemens be calling the vanilla play? I don't know, but either Penny did a hell of job last year or something else is up cause this blows.

We were what the 25th ranked O last year? It's not like Schott lit the league on fire exactly. I questioned Schott last year while everyone was busy telling me how great he was. I believe the excuses last year were the O-line, lack of a run game, and Chad Pennington. Well theoretically we are better off this year since we have a better RB and Chad has been replaced, but we are even worse.

I DID say Schotts play calling was not good vs the cowboys. But I dont recall any fire schotty threads last year, or after we beat the steelers a week ago.

Exactly. Four starts should be more than enough to establish yourself as an NFL QB. Especially with studs like Brasdon Moore, Adrien Clarke and the redoubtable Anthony Clement charged with the task of keeping you upright. And having a dozen WR drops over three games is no excuse. Suck it up, KC, Schott is putting you in good situations.

:cheers:

Yeah lets fire him now and hope to find a better OC who will take another 2 years to implement a new system. CONSISTENCY does not happen when you have a different OC every year.

So it is better to consistently suck than to actually look for a better option? If that's the case I'm sure you were all torn up when Hermy left so you didn't even want this guy in the first place. You will just be on the nuts of whoever replaces him anyway otherwise.

Yeah lets fire him now and hope to find a better OC who will take another 2 years to implement a new system. CONSISTENCY does not happen when you have a different OC every year.

What's the difference if he leaves to coach someplace else? He was interviewed by the Dolphin's last year.. Who knows if he won't be interviewed again by a college team or another NFL team..

Archived