Foulke,Sox Bullpen Implodes again

Smizzy

I have questions, and they may sound dumb. Wouldn't be the first time. :wink: Why put Foulke in the eighth inning? Why can't Timlin pitch two innings? Why not Timlin in the 7th, Myers in the 8th and Foulke to close in the 9th?

What closers are out there to trade for? Shouldn't getting releif pitching be easy to trade for? Bye-bye Youkilis?

I have questions, and they may sound dumb. Wouldn't be the first time. :wink: Why put Foulke in the eighth inning? Why can't Timlin pitch two innings? Why not Timlin in the 7th, Myers in the 8th and Foulke to close in the 9th?

What closers are out there to trade for? Shouldn't getting releif pitching be easy to trade for? Bye-bye Youkilis?

Still think he is fine and will bounce back JBF?????

[-o<

NO SJ. by all means, let's write off one of the most consistent relief pitchers of the last decade as a head case! That wouldnt be too prototypically reactionary of casual BoSox fans or anything! Please, lets start the "Run Keith Foulke outta town" campaign led by you, your ilk, and Steve Buckley. This is why I authored that "anti-RSN" thread last month...because of this kind of sh*t. Now what, SJ? You gonna mortgage the future for Eddie Guardado? How about we bring in Danys Baez and get fleeced by Tampa? Let the rumor mill spin!

His problem could conceivably be physical...so a DL trip is more likely the case.

I dont care if the bullpen does suck like a Hoover. That can easily be fixed by making sure Embree and Mantei never pitch for us again. Theo will get something done! We are still in the best shape in the AL East with Dirty Curtie about to come back. Make Arroyo the closer for all I care!

Still think he is fine and will bounce back JBF?????

[-o<

NO SJ. by all means, let's write off one of the most consistent relief pitchers of the last decade as a head case! That wouldnt be too prototypically reactionary of casual BoSox fans or anything! Please, lets start the "Run Keith Foulke outta town" campaign led by you, your ilk, and Steve Buckley. This is why I authored that "anti-RSN" thread last month...because of this kind of sh*t. Now what, SJ? You gonna mortgage the future for Eddie Guardado? How about we bring in Danys Baez and get fleeced by Tampa? Let the rumor mill spin!

His problem could conceivably be physical...so a DL trip is more likely the case.

I dont care if the bullpen does suck like a Hoover. That can easily be fixed by making sure Embree and Mantei never pitch for us again. Theo will get something done! We are still in the best shape in the AL East with Dirty Curtie about to come back. Make Arroyo the closer for all I care!

Woah there, JBF, put your pacifier back in yer gob. I never said run him outta town, I've just said there is a legit reason to worry and fear there could be some mental issues with him. If you look at his numbers in close versus non close situations the numbers are very worrying. He posts an ERA of just over 1 in non close and then it balloons to over 11 in close scenarios. DL? What good would that do? He is not hurt from what we can see. I think there is a problem in his head, and when you are a closer that is lethal.

So wind your neck in, I merely asked if you thought he was still, "going to be fine" like you said a month ago.

Woah there, JBF, put your pacifier back in yer gob. I never said run him outta town, I've just said there is a legit reason to worry and fear there could be some mental issues with him. If you look at his numbers in close versus non close situations the numbers are very worrying. He posts an ERA of just over 1 in non close and then it balloons to over 11 in close scenarios. DL? What good would that do? He is not hurt from what we can see. I think there is a problem in his head, and when you are a closer that is lethal.

So wind your neck in, I merely asked if you thought he was still, "going to be fine" like you said a month ago.

01_83x64.jpg

Now that was cool !!! =D>

01_83x64.jpg

Now that was cool !!! =D>

Just about every team in the league is looking for a quality guy in the bullpen- my Mets as a big example- the market is pretty bad -

Tigers traded Urbina to Phillies and he has been awful for them so far

Just about every team in the league is looking for a quality guy in the bullpen- my Mets as a big example- the market is pretty bad -

While Polanco has been lights out for the Tigers.

That's... that's cool :wink:

Carlito rules... how can you not love that hair? :lol:

While Polanco has been lights out for the Tigers.

That's... that's cool :wink:

Carlito rules... how can you not love that hair? :lol:

Forget his numbers in save-vs-nonsave situations for a second because that is deceptive. He is a closer...regardless of Bill James' philosophy. Focus more on his pitch selection and then tell me he is a head case.

Last year, KF was able to throw a first pitch change-up for a strike...oh, Id say 90% of the time. He'd always get the batter to chase some garbage pitch for strike 2 and foul it off...then he'd be able to work ahead in the count and thats why he achieved so much success. For some reason this year, his change-up is all over the place. KF usually gets into trouble (read: killed) when using his lackluster fastball. And why is it lackluster this year? Because he was over-used last fall when he was dominant out of the pen during the historic title run. Casual Red Sox fans are ever so quick to forget what that means!!!

I can honestly foresee a DL trip in KF's future. Will he be fine? I dont know...depends what the team of physicians that examine him will say (if anything) But rest assured, Keith's problems are in all likelihood not in his head or mechanics. KF is one of those unshakable guys the kind that save 200 games in the course of 1 career. Too many times, casual fans will declare a closer's career "over" once he blows a few. How many times was Rivera written off early this year by casual Yankee fans?

So, SJ...I find the condescention prick attitude unbecoming. Stick to being a self-effacing Red Sox fan that ballwashes the Yankees at the drop of a hat.

Forget his numbers in save-vs-nonsave situations for a second because that is deceptive. He is a closer...regardless of Bill James' philosophy. Focus more on his pitch selection and then tell me he is a head case.

Last year, KF was able to throw a first pitch change-up for a strike...oh, Id say 90% of the time. He'd always get the batter to chase some garbage pitch for strike 2 and foul it off...then he'd be able to work ahead in the count and thats why he achieved so much success. For some reason this year, his change-up is all over the place. KF usually gets into trouble (read: killed) when using his lackluster fastball. And why is it lackluster this year? Because he was over-used last fall when he was dominant out of the pen during the historic title run. Casual Red Sox fans are ever so quick to forget what that means!!!

I can honestly foresee a DL trip in KF's future. Will he be fine? I dont know...depends what the team of physicians that examine him will say (if anything) But rest assured, Keith's problems are in all likelihood not in his head or mechanics. KF is one of those unshakable guys the kind that save 200 games in the course of 1 career. Too many times, casual fans will declare a closer's career "over" once he blows a few. How many times was Rivera written off early this year by casual Yankee fans?

So, SJ...I find the condescention prick attitude unbecoming. Stick to being a self-effacing Red Sox fan that ballwashes the Yankees at the drop of a hat.

I'm a "casual" fan? Really? Why, because we don't agree on an internet messageboard?

I used to have respect for you. But now you are too quick to try and piss too many people off. You've lost your game.

I agree with you about Foulke being overused last Fall. I have even posted about it, but....wait.... that might have been over at JI. A place you used to be allowed to post until your huge freaking ego got you banned. That means that I was right in that Keith Foulke might not be alright this year. Your stance was the guy just needed more time. Now you say he doesn't need time to work the kinks out, that there may be legit problems with him. Wasn't that my original point?

I'm a "casual" fan? Really? Why, because we don't agree on an internet messageboard?

I used to have respect for you. But now you are too quick to try and piss too many people off. You've lost your game.

I agree with you about Foulke being overused last Fall. I have even posted about it, but....wait.... that might have been over at JI. A place you used to be allowed to post until your huge freaking ego got you banned. That means that I was right in that Keith Foulke might not be alright this year. Your stance was the guy just needed more time. Now you say he doesn't need time to work the kinks out, that there may be legit problems with him. Wasn't that my original point?

IMHO there is something wrong with Foulke. He does not have a Gagne type fastball and can not simply blow away people.

As JBF said, one of th emost consistent closer of the past half decade does not just fade away unless he is injured or is on the proverbial backside of his career. I am hoping for the former.

IMHO there is something wrong with Foulke. He does not have a Gagne type fastball and can not simply blow away people.

As JBF said, one of th emost consistent closer of the past half decade does not just fade away unless he is injured or is on the proverbial backside of his career. I am hoping for the former.

I didnt say you were the "casual" fan...I guess you read that into the post. But you'll agree that Yankee fans booing Rivera are "casual" at best and front-running phonies at worst, right? The same principle can be applied here. Sox fans booing KF after 3 blown saves this year are casual fans by my standards. The guy is most likely injured, why not put him on the DL? But forget having Timlin close...and keep Arroyo in the rotation...I want to see Timmy Wakefield (my favortie Red Sock) voluntarily step in and be the closer like he's done before. It would be a perfect chapter in his career, a career where he has been asked/told to do damn near everything and he has quietly and professionally obliged. They've really screwed Timmy over the years and he doesnt even give a rats ass!

Let him close when Big Schill comes back, Tito! The "Wakefield for Closer" line forms right behind me!

I didnt say you were the "casual" fan...I guess you read that into the post. But you'll agree that Yankee fans booing Rivera are "casual" at best and front-running phonies at worst, right? The same principle can be applied here. Sox fans booing KF after 3 blown saves this year are casual fans by my standards. The guy is most likely injured, why not put him on the DL? But forget having Timlin close...and keep Arroyo in the rotation...I want to see Timmy Wakefield (my favortie Red Sock) voluntarily step in and be the closer like he's done before. It would be a perfect chapter in his career, a career where he has been asked/told to do damn near everything and he has quietly and professionally obliged. They've really screwed Timmy over the years and he doesnt even give a rats ass!

Let him close when Big Schill comes back, Tito! The "Wakefield for Closer" line forms right behind me!

Archived